Giants at 49ers game thread

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would have thought the biggest goat of the day would end up not wearing a Ravens jersey?

Haha, ya, both games choked away in epic fashion. I had a feeling that loser was going to fumble another one. I was surprised Harbaugh let him field the punt with 20 or so seconds left in regulation.

I would love to see stats about someone's chance of fumbling increasing in a game if he's already fumbled before. It always seems to me like once somebody fumbles, the combination of trying to do to much and thinking too much about the fumble makes it happen again.

Congrats to former Bills interim coach Perry Fewell in going to the SuperBowl. Good luck against the PATS.

Also, you can't really blame Williams (I know that sounds weird), but the conditions made the ball extremely slippery and plus the giants player was going for the ball and nothing else when he knocked it out.

Edited by Bills!Win!

Congrats to former Bills interim coach Perry Fewell in going to the SuperBowl. Good luck against the PATS.

Also, you can't really blame Williams (I know that sounds weird), but the conditions made the ball extremely slippery and plus the giants player was going for the ball and nothing else when he knocked it out.

Have to question coaching too. Looked like giants returners had been instructued to go out of there way to secure the ball and elect to go down rather go for the big run in traffic.

The guy who threw that flag on the "celebration" is an over-officious jerk

My first thought was "how is that different than jumping into the stands in GB?". The announcer ended up saying the exact same thing later in the game. Dunking the ball over the goal posts is another more extreme example of "using props" then what Davis did. Of course his other personal foul later in the game was just flat out stupidity.

I am one that generally despises the over the top celebrations these days, but if the examples above aren't penalties, this shouldn't be either.

I was surprised they didn't throw a flag on Manningham's TD, when Cruz, Nicks and Manningham were all screaming at each other in the end zone for 30 seconds. I thought that was excessive...

Did anyone watch the Tynes interview as they were walking off of the field? What an embarrassment. The guy had to hit a chip shot, and was all like "yeah well this is the second time I've done this", he seemed to think he was the hero of the game. It's not like he hit a 50 yarder into the wind, it was a 31 yard field goal, dead centered. Just give your teammates props and walk off of the field fool...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

My first thought was "how is that different than jumping into the stands in GB?". The announcer ended up saying the exact same thing later in the game. Dunking the ball over the goal posts is another more extreme example of "using props" then what Davis did. Of course his other personal foul later in the game was just flat out stupidity.

Did anyone watch the Tynes interview as they were walking off of the field? What an embarrassment. The guy had to hit a chip shot, and was all like "yeah well this is the second time I've done this", he seemed to think he was the hero of the game. It's not like he hit a 50 yarder into the wind, it was a 31 yard field goal, dead centered. Just give your teammates props and walk off of the field fool...

Aikman said something to the effect that "The Lambeau leap is grand fathered in". Whatever that means !

To your point about Tynes, he did give props to his team mates "Eli, offense, defense played great. ...." What else do you want him to say ? Also, in clutch situations, even short to medium field goals are not automatic. There is much more going on than the activities on the field. The mind can be the kicker worst enemy but Tynes delivered the GW FG. Props to the entire Giants team including Tynes.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Aikman said something to the effect that "The Lambeau leap is grand fathered in". Whatever that means !

To your point about Tynes, he did give props to his team mates "Eli, offense, defense played great. ...." What else do you want him to say ? Also, in clutch situations, even short to medium field goals are not automatic. There is much more going on than the activities on the field. The mind can be the kicker worst enemy but Tynes delivered the GW FG. Props to the entire Giants team including Tynes.

Yeah I guess its not that I wanted him to say something else, I wanted him to say less. He's the kicker, he's supposed to make that kick 99.9% of the time. Say a quick thing, and move on. He rambled on, IMO. I partly blame Fox for picking Tynes as the first guy to interview. It seemed like Fox was trying to rub it into Cundiff's face, after blowing what was essentially the same kick.

What she really said was "So how does it feel to NOT be Billy Cundiff?"...

(insert Ray Finkle joke)

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Tynes said he was really nervous before the game because he had a premonition it would come down to a FG. I give the guy credit for being that revealing. Given his admission to him it must have felt like hitting a 55 yarder. I'd cut the guy some slack and not hang on every word moments after the game. Heck knows what would come out of our mouths in that same situation.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack