if an OT is the pick at 10...

Hairston needs a lot of work before he can be considered serviceable and Bell is an injury waiting to happen.

It'll take a better OLT, WR2, and TE for the Bills offense to improve with Fitzpatrick at the helm. He needs a better supporting cast than what took the field even in Week 1 if the Bills are to compete for a playoff spot.

This is my question as well. Some people say it doesn't matter, I say it does.

I say it does, too. Not only in who we draft, but also how many we keep at each position next year.

Edited by jjmac

Hairston needs a lot of work before he can be considered serviceable and Bell is an injury waiting to happen.

It'll take a better OLT, WR2, and TE for the Bills offense to improve with Fitzpatrick at the helm. He needs a better supporting cast than what took the field even in Week 1 if the Bills are to compete for a playoff spot.

Prepare for a scathing rebuttal from NY Bill. LOL

If the Bills draft an OT with their first pick the majority of picks should be used to bolster the defense.

Hairston needs a lot of work before he can be considered serviceable

That's what the off season is for. It is said that players make their biggest leap between their first and second years. We'll see.

I agree the offense needs an upgrade where you suggest and have myself been leaning toward a selection on that side of the ball (an OT if possible). But the Bills were 30th in point allowed in 2011 and the defense sorely needs a pass rusher and upgrades at the OLB position. The draft board will probably change quite a bit between now and April. Good teams seem to find players throughout the draft and not just in the 1st round. Hopefully, last years draft is an indication that the Bills are headed in the right direction with regards to hitting on the draft.

All I ask is that whomever they pick that player is an every down starter day 1.

In looking at points allowed I ran across something I found curious. The Giants have a negative 6 point differential. Has any team ever made or won the Super Bowl that allowed more points during the season than they scored?

I agree the offense needs an upgrade where you suggest and have myself been leaning toward a selection on that side of the ball (an OT if possible). But the Bills were 30th in point allowed in 2011 and the defense sorely needs a pass rusher and upgrades at the OLB position. The draft board will probably change quite a bit between now and April. Good teams seem to find players throughout the draft and not just in the 1st round. Hopefully, last years draft is an indication that the Bills are headed in the right direction with regards to hitting on the draft.

All I ask is that whomever they pick that player is an every down starter day 1.

In looking at points allowed I ran across something I found curious. The Giants have a negative 6 point differential. Has any team ever made or won the Super Bowl that allowed more points during the season than they scored?

I completely understand about needing pass rush. It's priority #1 given the aerial game NE can offer, and the division goes through them until Brady is gone.

At the same time, it's frustrating to see all the resources allocated toward the defensive side of the ball and know they need to spend more high picks and UFA dollars there. Unfortunately, they've not found nor developed a single pass rusher in the first two years of this huge rebuild. Being that QBs, pass rushers, and OT's are the bread and butter of NFL teams, I can only conclude the rebuild isn't moving quickly enough. They've so much as said so now that Nix expects a big leap forward in 2012. To me, they're putting all their cards into the upcoming season, which is a huge bet to make.

The pick @ #10 does not matter who, or what position. What matters is that pick must come in from day one, play and make an immediate difference. At least, that's my stance and that's what will satisfy me.

I couldn't agree more! I am sick of all the project players and "potential" of players. Get someone who can play now, and fill in with FA! :wallbash:

I completely understand about needing pass rush. It's priority #1 given the aerial game NE can offer, and the division goes through them until Brady is gone.

At the same time, it's frustrating to see all the resources allocated toward the defensive side of the ball and know they need to spend more high picks and UFA dollars there. Unfortunately, they've not found nor developed a single pass rusher in the first two years of this huge rebuild. Being that QBs, pass rushers, and OT's are the bread and butter of NFL teams, I can only conclude the rebuild isn't moving quickly enough. They've so much as said so now that Nix expects a big leap forward in 2012. To me, they're putting all their cards into the upcoming season, which is a huge bet to make.

Getting a pass rush is not soley based on NE....it is the fact that nearly every friggen offense in the league LOOKS like New England when they play us.......we make average QB's look like Tom Brady

Getting a pass rush is not soley based on NE....it is the fact that nearly every friggen offense in the league LOOKS like New England when they play us.......we make average QB's look like Tom Brady

Certainly, but the most direct method to attaining a post-season berth is winning the division. And going back the past decade NE has laid claim to the automatic berth almost every year.

Problem is, the Patriots knew after SB XLII that they needed edge protection for their QB. And so, they drafted Vollmer and Solder and can feature Gronkowski as well. Their defense and offense may not put up huge numbers like in 2007, but they could be a better team.

It's hard to argue with nearly ANY pick the BILLS make, although it seems pretty clear there are better choices than others; however, if they select an OT I wouldn't be throwing the remote at the TV, but unless all the previously posted and discussed Defensive talent is gone, I think our better investment at the 10 spot is either D-line or LB...don't want a WR, useless to draft a QB there due to Fitz's place on the team (regardless of my opinion, he's staying there for at least another year) and I don't think we need a Corner or Safety or RB for that matter....leaving my previously mentioned preference...plus I think we can get a WR and good D-line addition in FA if Buddy so chooses...but with this Defense, we need help and depth...and a second round issue could easily be an OT or more Defensive help and at that point it could be ANY defensive position since we need playmakers all over the Defensive side of the ball...

I just don't see an OT improving this team very much. However if we hit on a defensive end, our def could go from bad to very good easily. Our secondary would benefit and we might take the next step into the playoffs.

WR is a huge need as well. I just don't see OT being top priority, even if it is BPA at 10

A top OT would help open up the deep passing game, something that has basically been non existent the last few years.

Its not that jaruons OC's didn't try and call deep passes, they did all the time. But with out decent time to throw those deep passes it was sorta stupid to even try, kinda why Edwards became capt check down.

This is a big reason why TO didn't work out so well, also why Lee Evans became expendable.

To the people that are demanding a top pass rusher, if you guy recall the Bills had a decent one not long ago in Aaron Schobel. the team still wasn't very good.

Building a top defense can be a good thing, but then the Bills had top defense back in 2003 and still finished 6-10, #2 overall defense in the league. The problem was the 28th offense that year.

I look at this offense and it could be so much better with a top OT, deep speed WR and a top TE

Edited by Fear the Beard