The Bills are a good football team

Rob's House

Got some "stats" or rumors to back this up? Ha Ha Ha hahahah Enjoy the KoolAid!

My optimism meter must be pegged.

I do trust Chix more than the last several duos to find better players.

My question is, will Ralph Inc. pay the bucks to resign good players, and get some depth in FA? If so, agree - turning a corner.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My optimism meter must be pegged.

I do trust Chix more than the last several duos to find better players.

My question is, will Ralph Inc. pay the bucks to resign good players, and get some depth in FA? If so, agree - turning a corner.

My optimism is a little more tempered. The 2010 draft is for the most part a bust. Merriman,and Brad Smith have provided absolutely Zero too the team. Those guys are our "A" signings BTW. Our 2nd string quarterback Thigpen probably wouldn't even be in the NFL if not for the cronyism that is Nix/Gailey. Our starting quarterback is and I'm sorry to hurt anyone's feelings but, Fitz is a back up. We have exactly ONE proven NFL caliber receiver, that guy is currently a free agent, and a wanna be diva. We have linebackers that are not linebackers but slow guys playing out of their natural position. In their natural positions they are mediocre at best. Smart drafting has Zero to do about Ralph and your Ralph is cheap inference.I fail to see why anybody can "trust" these guys to turn the Bills into anything but a middle of the pack team. I'm sure a lot of the fanbase would consider this a success. Which would be an improvement over the current crap team that are the Buffalo Bills

My optimism is a little more tempered. The 2010 draft is for the most part a bust. Merriman,and Brad Smith have provided absolutely Zero too the team. Those guys are our "A" signings BTW. Our 2nd string quarterback Thigpen probably wouldn't even be in the NFL if not for the cronyism that is Nix/Gailey. Our starting quarterback is and I'm sorry to hurt anyone's feelings but, Fitz is a back up. We have exactly ONE proven NFL caliber receiver, that guy is currently a free agent, and a wanna be diva. We have linebackers that are not linebackers but slow guys playing out of their natural position. In their natural positions they are mediocre at best. Smart drafting has Zero to do about Ralph and your Ralph is cheap inference.I fail to see why anybody can "trust" these guys to turn the Bills into anything but a middle of the pack team. I'm sure a lot of the fanbase would consider this a success. Which would be an improvement over the current crap team that are the Buffalo Bills

Could not agree more; 6 - 10 next year possibly.

I know there was much talk of a repeat of 2007 that ultimately came to fruition, but before we delve deeper into dispair I want everyone to imagine the following scenario:

Suppose the Monday after we beat the Pats and were all floating on cloud 9, you found out that there had been a car accident and we would be without the services of Fred Jackson, Kyle Williams, Wood, Bell, and Hairston for several weeks, if not the whole season, would you have expected the winning trend to continue? Or would you maybe think that KEY injuries had just cost us what might have been a great season?

Remember, this is after we already endured and overcame the losses of McGee, Easley, Parrish, and Merriman for the season, D. Jones for much of it, and Stevie and Troup playing through significant injuries.

I know injuries are part of the game. They're the part that makes good teams lose. We're closer than a lot of us think. Next year should be fun.*

* Assumes we resign SJ

Football is about entertainment value. If you believe you are being sufficiently entertained by the Buffalo Bills then nobody can deny you your opinion. Everybody has their own subjective point of view about the quality of the team. If you are content and happy with the Bills then God bless you and your opinion.

However, if you are delving into the area of facts and objectivity then the question of whether or not the Bills are a good team is easier to evaluate. The Bills are NOT a good football team and they haven't been for a long time. The objective facts state that they are clearly NOT a good football team. Good football teams win more than they lose and good football teams make the playoffs. Bad football teams do the opposite. (i.e. the Bills)

Ralph Wilson would be very pleased to read that so many of you are content with the current state of affairs.

Football is about entertainment value. If you believe you are being sufficiently entertained by the Buffalo Bills then nobody can deny you your opinion. Everybody has their own subjective point of view about the quality of the team. If you are content and happy with the Bills then God bless you and your opinion.

However, if you are delving into the area of facts and objectivity then the question of whether or not the Bills are a good team is easier to evaluate. The Bills are NOT a good football team and they haven't been for a long time. The objective facts state that they are clearly NOT a good football team. Good football teams win more than they lose and good football teams make the playoffs. Bad football teams do the opposite. (i.e. the Bills)

Ralph Wilson would be very pleased to read that so many of you are content with the current state of affairs.

I base my opinion on the fact that the Bills were consistently beating good teams until most of the key players on both sides of the ball were out with injury. Provided they can keep their core guys and add some depth I think they will be one of the better teams in the league.

I base my opinion on the fact that the Bills were consistently beating good teams until most of the key players on both sides of the ball were out with injury. Provided they can keep their core guys and add some depth I think they will be one of the better teams in the league.

Still have to disagree; giving up 400 yards a game and you have to admit they got some lucky bounces against New England. The Chiefs, Raiders, Eagles, Redskins, and Broncos are not true tests as most average teams can remain competitive, bottom line is they still lose consistently in the AFC East. Why has this team consistently suffered the massive injuries over the last decade? At this point in time they do not have a proven QB, an improving O-Line, questional receiving Corp an aging above average RB and the jury is still out on Spiller though not convinced worth a first round pick. The Defense is horrible and needs to be totally rebuilt; the D alone is going to produce another losing season. Who are we going to waste a first round pick on this year, even if the talent is there the coaching will ensure mediocrity!

So this 4-12 then 6-10 team just needs to add some depth and resign their FAs to be one of the better teams in the league? This past seasons starters are among the best in the league then. You really believe last seasons start was the real Bills huh. Off season optimism is a beautiful thing, but holy crap you are a true Billiever :)

I know there was much talk of a repeat of 2007 that ultimately came to fruition, but before we delve deeper into dispair I want everyone to imagine the following scenario:

Suppose the Monday after we beat the Pats and were all floating on cloud 9, you found out that there had been a car accident and we would be without the services of Fred Jackson, Kyle Williams, Wood, Bell, and Hairston for several weeks, if not the whole season, would you have expected the winning trend to continue? Or would you maybe think that KEY injuries had just cost us what might have been a great season?

Remember, this is after we already endured and overcame the losses of McGee, Easley, Parrish, and Merriman for the season, D. Jones for much of it, and Stevie and Troup playing through significant injuries.

I know injuries are part of the game. They're the part that makes good teams lose. We're closer than a lot of us think. Next year should be fun.*

* Assumes we resign SJ

I must respectfully disagree with the thread title. I realize that Bill Parcells is not the most popular figure on this board, but what he said is true: "You are what your record says you are."

* Assumes we resign SJ

The Bills need a strong draft, some key FA signings, a good defensive philosophy, and receivers who can freakin' hold on to catchable balls. I EXPECT a winning record next year.

So this 4-12 then 6-10 team just needs to add some depth and resign their FAs to be one of the better teams in the league? This past seasons starters are among the best in the league then. You really believe last seasons start was the real Bills huh. Off season optimism is a beautiful thing, but holy crap you are a true Billiever :)

When they were healthy they were winning. Deal with it.

So, if the Bills can do the practically impossible (play an entire season without signficant injuries to valued starters), then they are a good team. I absolutely agree. Further, if they can play the whole season without turning it over, i think they could be SB contenders. If they can string together 16 penalty-free games, I think we are talking homefield.

Go Bills!!!!!

* Assumes we resign SJ

Agree. If this team is as healthy as the 49ers were this year, they will be very dangerous next year. Get your popcorn ready.

Nothing to deal with. The first third of the season they played well, got a incredible amount of great breaks and won a impressive amount of games. The rest of the season, not so much. Combination of injuries and the rest of the league figuring out you shut down the short game and you shut down the Bills led to the last 2/3 of the season being a disaster.

My belief is they are heading in the right direction, but are not anywhere near one of the better teams in the league at this point. They need a lot of top notch starters AND depth before they can be considered a threat in the NFL. The Bills did not submerge into irrelevancy in a couple of seasons and they will not climb out of it quickly either.

Just depth away from being one of the better teams in the league, I wish you were right but cmon man :)

Or what, blow it up again and have the cycle continue?

What happens in your mind if they MUST make the playoffs, but do not?

C'mon CodeMonkey. Fans like you ought to be demanding more. Twelve years is too long. We've been rebuilding and rebuilding and rebuilding. Next season it has to be.

The Bills are not only not a good football team, they fall considerably short as a competitive organization in the modern NFL. A decade of pitiful drafts, no front office, inadequate and poor free agent signings, average at best starters and no depth what so ever. They were still giving up over 400 yards a game the first six weeks and in the NFL eventually good teams are going to figure you out - regardless of injuries. I am not sold on Nix, Gailey nor the current roster and believe the current coaching staff is not competitive. The Jets and Dolphins will get better and the patriots will remain the monster of the AFC East; we were 1 - 5 against it this year. During the 1990's this team did not go free agent wild but did make key aquisitions that made them playoff contenders - Ted Washington, Bryce Paup and we paid Jeffcoat 3 Million a year to rush the passer on third down. Quality veteran players wanted to be in Buffalo! Until we create a quality organization you will get more of the same? 10 - 6 good grief!

What this guy said. To call the current Bills a "good" football team is to misunderstand the meaning of the word "good."

The realistic title should be "The Bills are a good snake-bitten, poor drafting, mismanaged and for short spurts that give unrealistic hope to their desperately loyal fanbase, overachieving but mostly disappointing football team"

* Assumes we resign SJ

After this imaginary car accident everyone would have thought at least it was good that Williams would be back because he only got a boo boo on his foot.