Could We Be Closer To History Than We Think ??

T master

In 1989 we aquired a veteran WR by the name of James Lofton from the GB Packers & we already had a couple of good TE's , that being said with a couple of aquisition's from the Packers again this year could history repeat itself ??? I'm just asking !!!!

1989 Squad - Kelly QB - T. Thomas / K. Davis - RB's - WR - Lofton / Reed / Beebe ---- TE's - Metzelars / Mckellar

2012 Squad - Fitz - QB - F. Jackson / Spiller - RB's - WR - Driver ? / Parrish / Johnson - TE's - Chandler/ Finley ?

1989 - OL - Ballard / Devlin / Hull / Ritcher / Wilford

2012 - OL - Hairiston/Levetrie/Wood/Urbik/Pears

---------- Bell ---------------------- Jasper

1989 - DL - Pike / Wright / Smith ---2012 - DL - Williams / Heard / Dareus -----1989 - LB - Talley / Conlan / Bennett / Bailey

------------- Seals/ Smerlas -------------------- Carrington/Troup/Edwards ---------- 2012- LB - Merriman/ Sheppard/Barnett/Upshaw/Kelsay

1989- FS - Kelso / SS L. Smith ------ 1989 - CB - Odomes / Burroughs --------- 1989 - K - Norwood / Kidd

2012- FS - Byrd / SS G. Wilson ------ 2012 - CB- A. Williams / Searsy ---------- 2012 - K - Lindell / Morman

Of coarse the history thing comes from if we could pick up veteran Donald Driver this coming year as a threat opposite of Stevie & Finley too which would be good but i think he might be to pricey . Driver on the other hand like Evans is on the downside of his career so we might be able to get him for a decent price & he is still a great team guy , has always been more productive than Evans was & i think still has a couple of decent yrs left in him .

Plus he said he doesn't want to hang up his cleats just yet & has played his entire career at GB (small market) in the snow , how much better of a fit could you ask for ?? Insert a player or 2 from this years draft (Upshaw) & hope the others come back healthy along with resigning some of them .

I don't know but when i heard Driver could be let go this all came to mind . And by the looks of it the match is UMMM pretty close !! Oh & i know these may not be lined up quite right as far as true in line up position , but give it a rest , just go with the thought .

Go ahead chew it up Bills fans !!!

You lost me at the first sentence. The Bills aquired Lofton from the Raiders.

I generally agree but I think we are thin enough at wr that if we lose one or two bodies it could totally stall the offense. Sometimes in order to have your qb, other wrs, rb, and line grow - help keep your defense fresh and healthy etc.... You need to have NFL caliber starters across the board even if it steals some reps.

Saying were thin enough at wr is really understating the problem there. We have one wide receiver and he's a free agent. Anyone else is either a free agent with injury baggage, unproven, or just plain sucks. People like Easely. I want to like him but he has zero regular season catches in the NFL. So,what do we have? not much IMO. Driver would be a complete waste. Also, we know what the Bills will do and that's not much except to continue to raid dumpsters, and hope injured players we sign will pan out.

I thought more highly of the Bills roster BEFORE looking at all those names side by side. We have a long way to go... But i agree with you tthat a couple of players here and there will definitely get us alot closer.

This

You lost me at the first sentence. The Bills aquired Lofton from the Raiders.

This

and they will never get Finley, be lucky to keep Chandler (or it seems so at this point). I hope BN has a plan for that but really wonder.

In 1989 we aquired a veteran WR by the name of James Lofton from the GB Packers & we already had a couple of good TE's , that being said with a couple of aquisition's from the Packers again this year could history repeat itself ??? I'm just asking !!!!

1989 Squad - Kelly QB - T. Thomas / K. Davis - RB's - WR - Lofton / Reed / Beebe ---- TE's - Metzelars / Mckellar

2012 Squad - Fitz - QB - F. Jackson / Spiller - RB's - WR - Driver ? / Parrish / Johnson - TE's - Chandler/ Finley ?

1989 - DL - Pike / Wright / Smith ---2012 - DL - Williams / Heard / Dareus -----1989 - LB - Talley / Conlan / Bennett / Bailey

------------- Seals/ Smerlas -------------------- Carrington/Troup/Edwards ---------- 2012- LB - Merriman/ Sheppard/Barnett/Upshaw/Kelsay

1989- FS - Kelso / SS L. Smith ------ 1989 - CB - Odomes / Burroughs --------- 1989 - K - Norwood / Kidd

2012- FS - Byrd / SS G. Wilson ------ 2012 - CB- A. Williams / Searsy ---------- 2012 - K - Lindell / Morman

Of coarse the history thing comes from if we could pick up veteran Donald Driver this coming year as a threat opposite of Stevie & Finley too which would be good but i think he might be to pricey . Driver on the other hand like Evans is on the downside of his career so we might be able to get him for a decent price & he is still a great team guy , has always been more productive than Evans was & i think still has a couple of decent yrs left in him .

Plus he said he doesn't want to hang up his cleats just yet & has played his entire career at GB (small market) in the snow , how much better of a fit could you ask for ?? Insert a player or 2 from this years draft (Upshaw) & hope the others come back healthy along with resigning some of them .

I don't know but when i heard Driver could be let go this all came to mind . And by the looks of it the match is UMMM pretty close !! Oh & i know these may not be lined up quite right as far as true in line up position , but give it a rest , just go with the thought .

We are closer to setting the record for most non playoff seasons in a row.

Where did it say in the post anything about going to a SB & for all that matters the Bills SB run didn't start till 91 & if you read the post you would realize that i am speaking about 1989 not 1991 !!

I again didn't say there was a Bruce Smith on this team i was just referencing AS THE HEADING SAYS !! :blink: COULD WE BE !! CLOSER TO HISTORY THAN WE THINK

I TAKE IT READING COMPREHENSION WASN'T YOUR STRONG SUIT !!!! :doh: & :wallbash: :wallbash:

And the long and short is NO!

Sorry, nice try, and i will take my reading skills over your naiveness.

The Bills 1989 and 1990 team were the same team. Sorry i jumped ahead.

Go look at the 1990 draft- Glen Parker and Carwell Gardner were the only two guys to contribute.

Talent wise, it isn't even close, but the league isn't either. I reserve judgement.

Couple things,

That Oline in 1990 was awesome. They were dominant. They allowed Kelley and Thomas to be all pro's.

Don't get me wrong, kelley and Thomas were great. kelley was head and shoulders better the Fitz has ever thought about being.

And no, i do not still wear zubaz pants.

I think you are stretching big time if you think Driver makes the Bills SB contenders. Fitz does not have the long ball arm Kelley did.

I won't even get started on the D. But lets just say, there is no Bruce Smith on this team, or Bennet.

KELLY.

I would definitely take Byrd over Kelso, Dareus over Jeff Wright, & Moorman over Kidd. Have to think long & hard about anyone else though.

Freddie and Spiller are close vs thermal and Davis......but you are right Byrd,Darius,maybe Williams.Thats it.

Punters/PKs dont count.