What can we learn from the Broncos?

covac23

host teams with one-legged QBs, back up centers and back up safeties

nowhere did I make any excuse.

If you don't think that Pittsburgh's injuries were the primary reason they lost the game, I guess we can agree to disagree.

Got it. No excuses (except for those excuses).

Play in a division where 8-8 wins it?

PTR

Do the Steelers play in the Broncos div?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the Rams beat the Saints, and the Chiefs beat the Packers....don't be so obtuse. Because Denver didn't win EVERY SINGLE GAME....whether against good or bad opponents, doesn't mean there isn't something to be learned from the scheme. Teams have good and bad days.

I think the possibility of what Cam Newton, Vick, RG III and Tebow (arguably) can do on any play especially if it is an actual part of the game plan (planned read option runs vs scrambling) can present real headaches for a defense. Despite the "lucky" comment, the steelers took a pick your poison mentality and on sunday, Tebow brought his A++ game and made them pay.

Look, the blueprint to beat Tebow was right there for LeBeau to follow. He didn't. That first/last/only play of OT was a senior moment for ol' Dick if ever there were one. And as a result, the Steelers' season is over.

About the only lesson the Bills can learn is a pass rush helps a lot.

Maybe that in this "new passing league" that running the ball can seriously set up the pass game through play action. Maybe sticking with the run throughout the game can still keep the defense guessing. The Broncos run game wasn't working against the Steelers all game, yet they kept trying to run. If that was the Bills, we would've given up on the run after the 1st quarter and gone to Shotgun 5 receiver sets for the rest of the game.

Chan, please try to run the ball to set up the pass instead of passing the ball to set up the run. In my opinion, Tebow is not as good as Fitz, but as we can see, the offensive philosophy matters just as much as the personnel.

Nothing to learn. The Steelers were a battered team on Sunday. Consecutive long playoff runs to the SB playing a physical style, an aging roster, a bunch of key injuries, some unusual things like Ryan Clark not being able to play and the tragedy with their RB coach........it was a prime opportunity for Denver to sneak one out.

If they go in and beat NE that will be something completely different, but this result versus Pittsburgh was foreseeable.

Not going to happen though. New England is rested and at home. They will get out front by a couple scores and then it will get ugly as Tebow frantically tries to pass Denver back into the game.

You can't count anyone out in the playoffs but the wildcard weekend teams in the AFC were WEAK this year. It's like Baltimore and NE got a double bye. The better balanced teams are in the NFC this year, but the AFC might have a chance in the SB this year if the NFC teams rough each other up.

That despite the NFLs best efforts, football will remain a game that is won by teams that play good defense and can run the ball. If you dont have a future HOF QB on your team that is.

PS If Chan is smart, we will have more rush attempts next season than pass attempts.

I watched that game because my son likes Tebow, and I'm not sure how you got lucky out of that game. If anyone got lucky I'd say the Steelers did with that horribly blown call on the backwards pass that was recovered by Denver.

If you are talking about all season, then I don't know. I didn't watch them except for yesterday and when the Bills beat them. But I haven't heard the word lucky used about the Broncos this season except by you.

Tebow just seems to find a way to win, in college or so far as a pro. Can't fault him for that. In fact we could use some of that in the B-lo.

The Chicago game was complete luck favoring Denver. I don't think they make the playoffs if they lost that game. Denver looked horrible all game and as time was running out Marion Barber ran out of bounds on a play that he shouldn't even have been carrying the ball because a kneeldown would have iced it for the Bears.

I don't blame him for the subsequent OT fumble, that stuff happens, but the going out of bounds is something a high school player wouldn't have done. Poor coaching as well to even put a guy like Barber in that situation. Denver has two pass rushers and two solid wideouts and that's about it. They're going to lose by 30 against NE.

Nothing to learn. The Steelers were a battered team on Sunday. Consecutive long playoff runs to the SB playing a physical style, an aging roster, a bunch of key injuries, some unusual things like Ryan Clark not being able to play and the tragedy with their RB coach........it was a prime opportunity for Denver to sneak one out.

If they go in and beat NE that will be something completely different, but this result versus Pittsburgh was foreseeable.

Not going to happen though. New England is rested and at home. They will get out front by a couple scores and then it will get ugly as Tebow frantically tries to pass Denver back into the game.

You can't count anyone out in the playoffs but the wildcard weekend teams in the AFC were WEAK this year. It's like Baltimore and NE got a double bye. The better balanced teams are in the NFC this year, but the AFC might have a chance in the SB this year if the NFC teams rough each other up.

A loss on 1/8/2012 can be blamed on long playoff runs to the SB?

That despite the NFLs best efforts, football will remain a game that is won by teams that play good defense and can run the ball. If you dont have a future HOF QB on your team that is.

PS If Chan is smart, we will have more rush attempts next season than pass attempts.

Well said

What can we learn from this weekend's game?

How about: No matter how bad an NFL quarterback is playing, you never want to spend an entire game with 9 MEN IN THE BOX!!!

I understand that Tebow had been struggling pretty bad. And even Denver's coaches didn't seem to trust him under center.

But Pittsburgh's gameplan was ridiculous - and they got burned for it.

How little respect do you have for an opposing quarterback to play most of the game without at least one deep safety?