(LAMP) Going to CES next week!

Fezmid

So I get to go to CES for my writing gig at Neowin.net (Angry Birds cookbook! http://www.neowin.net/news/angry-birds-flies-off-of-your-screen-into-a-cookbook ). Has anyone here ever been to CES? I know it's supposed to be huge and I've heard there's a ton of walking involved because things are all over the place, but I don't really know what to expect...

It should be a lot of fun -- and I'm already getting invited to a bunch of vendor parties since I'm officially "press" -- but just looking for hints and tips if others have gone. :)

When I was at circuit city I used to beg the vendors & buyers to let me tag along..they never let me so I had to hear all the stories afterwards.... :-(

So I get to go to CES for my writing gig at Neowin.net (Angry Birds cookbook! http://www.neowin.net/news/angry-birds-flies-off-of-your-screen-into-a-cookbook ). Has anyone here ever been to CES? I know it's supposed to be huge and I've heard there's a ton of walking involved because things are all over the place, but I don't really know what to expect...

It should be a lot of fun -- and I'm already getting invited to a bunch of vendor parties since I'm officially "press" -- but just looking for hints and tips if others have gone. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be in Vegas next week for CES - can't wait! It sounds like it's an awesome trade show with lots of cool gadgets. :)

I should be posting stuff quite a bit, so feel free to check out my site if you get a chance. My stuff all gets posted here:

http://www.neowin.net/profile/christopher_white

I'm on Twitter as well with the ever-unique name of @Fezmid :D

Awesome. Let me know what blackberry is doing please!

They're unfortunately not going to be at the show. And as others mentioned, they seem to be dying although companies have turned it around in the past (Apple almost went out of business back in the day). I just got a Blackberry Torch from work and I love it, but their time may have passed.

They're unfortunately not going to be at the show. And as others mentioned, they seem to be dying although companies have turned it around in the past (Apple almost went out of business back in the day). I just got a Blackberry Torch from work and I love it, but their time may have passed.

Actually, Blackberry is going to be there and they have one of the larger exhibits in the hall they are in. See attached picture...

I assume you mean beside going bust??

They are turning it around now. I don't own any Blackberry or RIM products but I am interested in them.

They sponsored the New Year's Eve show at Time Square, had major advertisements on ESPN, etc.

2012 is going to be their major push. Either they pull through or bankrupt by end of Q4 2012/Q1 2013.

post-15744-096630300 1325966930_thumb.png

Actually, Blackberry is going to be there and they have one of the larger exhibits in the hall they are in. See attached picture...

They are turning it around now. I don't own any Blackberry or RIM products but I am interested in them.

They sponsored the New Year's Eve show at Time Square, had major advertisements on ESPN, etc.

2012 is going to be their major push. Either they pull through or bankrupt by end of Q4 2012/Q1 2013.

Ahh, good catch. For some reason they're not listed as "Research in Motion," but rather, "Blackberry by Research in Motion" in the exhibitor guide. So they didn't show up under the letter R.

http://ces12.mapyourshow.com/5_0/exhibitor_results.cfm?type=alpha&alpha=B

I'll definitely check 'em out and see what they're showing.

im reading this on my playbook right now. i have a torch phone too that is great. RIMs possibly going to be restructuring and changing CEOs to hopefully turn themselves around

My Playbook is coming in the mail within the hour. Sweet!

hows the email client on the playbook?

I use Yahoo and Hotmail for email so I use the browser connected through Wi-Fi to check emails when on it.

All my emails come to my phone anyways, and I can bridge my phone to the playbook to use BBM and email too

I think the update of the operating system coming out soon is going to fix the email issues, but still no BBM for it yet without bridging

My Playbook is coming in the mail within the hour. Sweet!

I never planned on getting one, but I won playing some fotball pool here and they were on sale so I picked one up. There aren't as many apps for it as apple, but its a great device for having around instead of lugging a laptop, and its even better if you already have a blackberry phone