Vontaze Burfict defensive game changer

Vontaze Burfict is a game changer. I see him being the next Ray Lewis. Put Him at MLB and behind Marcell Dareus and Kyle Williams and let him do his thing.

The down side is his character, but i bet he would be the guy to step in a be the voice on defense that our team needs. he plays with a lot of energy.

He is a game changer in the sense that he will kill your team's chances with his hot head and constant Personal Fouls.

He was completely invisible this entire season, did not make one big play, and got benched in his bowl game.

Maybe in the 6th round?

He is a game changer in the sense that he will kill your team's chances with his hot head and constant Personal Fouls.

He was completely invisible this entire season, did not make one big play, and got benched in his bowl game.

Maybe in the 6th round?

+1

Not even a priority UDFA.

People complain about SJ13's TD celebrations then they say they want Burfict in the same breath and they don't see the irony.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Vontaze Burfict is a game changer. I see him being the next Ray Lewis. Put Him at MLB and behind Marcell Dareus and Kyle Williams and let him do his thing.

The down side is his character, but i bet he would be the guy to step in a be the voice on defense that our team needs. he plays with a lot of energy.

He would only resemble Lewis if he covered up for a friend who committed homicide.

I don't follow the college game that closely.Can you tell me how many games he dominated in the last two years at the college level where things are much easier than in the pros.

You draft people that dominate at the college level hoping that they can be average pros,not the other way around.

Now I've heard that people blame his coach for his lack of plays.Really a coach putting his best chance of winning puts his best player on the bench,REALLY!

This guy is a 1st rounder despite his character issues. Allthis talk about 5th - 6th round, non-priority UDFA....absurd. Not saying I want him in a Bills uniform, but let's be realistic folks. Besides, we don't need ILB's we need 3-4 OLB's or 4-3 DE's depending on which system we run next season.

This guy is a 1st rounder despite his character issues. Allthis talk about 5th - 6th round, non-priority UDFA....absurd. Not saying I want him in a Bills uniform, but let's be realistic folks. Besides, we don't need ILB's we need 3-4 OLB's or 4-3 DE's depending on which system we run next season.

I'm not saying what's going to happen on Draft day, Although I don't think he'll be a first rounder. Especially after singlehandedly losing the Stanford game.

I'm saying I would not take him in 5th - 6th or sign him as a priority UDFA.

The Bills will not draft him, it is not even worth wasting the brain power. He is a horrible character guy and gets more credit than he deserves for his impact on games.

And yes we need more OLB, we are set on ILB.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Name 1 game from this past season that he even resembled a 1st rounder in, please...

This thread is typical of us reacting to a name player we don't know much about (I do it all the time)

Burfict was an absolute bust this year. I live down the street from ASU and watched or went to most games. He looks paunchy and slow. He is not a playmaker. He was often out of position. He plays like a Raider with some of the dumbest and costliest fouls I've seen.

This thread is typical of us reacting to a name player we don't know much about (I do it all the time)

Burfict was an absolute bust this year. I live down the street from ASU and watched or went to most games. He looks paunchy and slow. He is not a playmaker. He was often out of position. He plays like a Raider with some of the dumbest and costliest fouls I've seen.

Thank you for the local insight. We've had a few ASU area posters chime in on the board and none have said anything positive.

I was very disappointed in Burfict the few times I caught ASU this season, and was glad to hear it wasnt just me being cynical.

i didn't realize the "I heard of him, we need him!" mindset applied to drafting as well.

The only reason this kid is getting any sort of attention is because of the dirty plays he's been called for.

Maybe if he was fast enough for the NFL he wouldn't have to hit all those guys out of bounds...

At some point, the Bills will have to start trying to tame lions, rather than teaching kittens to hunt, if you catch my drift.

Name 1 game from this past season that he even resembled a 1st rounder in, please...

He will be drafted in the 1st round due to his exceptional size, speed, and athleticism. If you look around a bit, I think most experts would agree that he is a top 2 or 3 ILB coming out this year. Yes, there are character concerns, and criticism's about needing to work on his technique (particularly in pass coverage), but some team in the latter half of the 1st round will take a chance on him.

Todd McShay had this to say about him...

"Burfict is a work in progress and needs more game experience and coaching, but he is a physical specimen who can play sideline-to-sideline and blow plays up like no other linebacker in the country.

That's why I posted this link to the earlier thread about Burfict… because nothing has changed between now and then.

When you are drafting at #10 or in that neighborhood, you have to consider reasons why a player is not deserving of that spot.

Just a few of these reasons are:

1) Played a different position in college

2) Was a one-year starter

3) Has had character issues

Now you don't necessarily disqualify a player because he meets one of these criteria… the greater the possible reward the greater the risk a team will take… but Burfict has compelling character problems that his talent level doesn't justify risking.

I wouldn't touch the guy with our first rounder.

I'm an ASU fan who watches as many of their games as I can on TV or web streams, and I was MASSIVELY disappointed with Burfict. He definitely looked slower to me this year, and his attitude is not good. Constantly getting personal fouls. The past two years they were almost all for continuing to push and shove after the whistle. This year, he added b!tching at the refs to his repertoire. I suggested in an earlier thread about Burfict that maybe he belongs at DE; I think his mentality and skill set are better suited to just turning him loose on QBs. Coverage doesn't look like it will ever be a strong point so if he stays at MLB, he might be just a 1st and 2nd down guy. No earthly way I'd consider him with the 10th pick...and without knowing what free agency will bring, I absolutely want that pick to go for defense. We can find better than this guy.