iran: "the sarah palin of nations"

this transcript and clip from 2 analysts about iran's sabre rattling is insightful and thought provoking. but the quote from the guy from the carnegie endowment is priceless! btw, how many american scholars do you think could speak in farsi with such eloquence and nuance?

Sorry, the comparison is forced and (more importantly) incorrect on every level.

His use of Sarah Palin's name is obviously just a device to curry favor amongst his bretheren on the Left and also to perhaps get a little publicity..............as you can see that worked.

Glad to see Palin Derangement Syndrome still going strong among mindless left wingers.

Let's see what else we can come up with that makes absolutely no sense but can drag in the name of some dumb, former politician:

--Irene was the Sarah Palin of hurricanes!

--Stevie Johnson is the Sarah Palin of Wide Receivers!

--Bishop Hedd is the Sarah Palin of PPP posters! (ok, that one might be somewhat accurate)

:rolleyes:

Is Farsi the international language of business? <_<

wouldn't you think it helpful to have some people on our side with these skills? i'm sure they exist but suspect they are very rare. perhaps one or both of these experts function in this capacity to some degree but the point is the generally inward looking, myopic, center of the universe attitude of many americans that seems so pervasive and that i find cavalier and potentially dangerous. sarah palin could well be the poster child of this sentiment.

Glad to see Palin Derangement Syndrome still going strong among mindless left wingers.

Let's see what else we can come up with that makes absolutely no sense but can drag in the name of some dumb, former politician:

--Irene was the Sarah Palin of hurricanes!

--Stevie Johnson is the Sarah Palin of Wide Receivers!

--Bishop Hedd is the Sarah Palin of PPP posters! (ok, that one might be somewhat accurate)

:rolleyes:

to call these scholars mindless is...well, mindless. your bias is showing (but, it always does).

to call these scholars mindless is...well, mindless. your bias is showing (but, it always does).

I agree. They're scholars. Once you're a scholar, you can't be mindless because, well, you're a scholar. And scholars are scholars and that's very impressive.

And the Palin comment? Why, it was downright scholarly! Only a scholar would have the insight and mindfulness to make such an insightful and mindful comment!

Harumph. Harumph.

I agree. They're scholars. Once you're a scholar, you can't be mindless because, well, you're a scholar. And scholars are scholars and that's very impressive.

And the Palin comment? Why, it was downright scholarly! Only a scholar would have the insight and mindfulness to make such an insightful and mindful comment!

Harumph. Harumph.

um, no. their analysis is insightful and mindful because they are experts in the field. they are experts in the field because of years of formal study, scolarship and observation. the school of hard knocks isn't enough. mehdi at the hummus kiosk in tehran is pretty unlikely to have much in the way of useful analysis.

um, no. their analysis is insightful and mindful because they are experts in the field. they are experts in the field because of years of formal study, scolarship and observation. the school of hard knocks isn't enough. mehdi at the hummus kiosk in tehran is pretty unlikely to have much in the way of useful analysis.

Scholars in action

wouldn't you think it helpful to have some people on our side with these skills? i'm sure they exist but suspect they are very rare. perhaps one or both of these experts function in this capacity to some degree but the point is the generally inward looking, myopic, center of the universe attitude of many americans that seems so pervasive and that i find cavalier and potentially dangerous. sarah palin could well be the poster child of this sentiment.

You have no clue as to why English is the most common language in the world do you?

Hint: It has LITTLE to do with us "evil, selfish, myopic" Americans.

And to that point, yes...America is the only Country on the globe where its citizenry and government look out for themselves first and think its the best place on Earth. Only Americans do that.

To that end...name me another Country on the globe who would do this:

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/06/10005159-despite-tensions-us-rescues-13-iranian-seamen-from-pirates

Edited by RkFast

Yes, yes, yes. I agree! They're scholars! They're scholarly! They did scholarly things to be scholars in a scholarly world! If a non-scholar made that Palin comment, it would be mindless. But a SCHOLAR made it, so it can't be mindless. Why? Because it was said by a scholar, and scholars are scholarly because they did scholarly things to be a scholar, and therefore nothing a scholarly scholar could do would be considered mindless because they are, after all, scholars!

Harumph!

Edited by LABillzFan

You have no clue as to why English is the most common language in the world do you?

Hint: It has LITTLE to do with us "evil, selfish, myopic" Americans.

And to that point, yes...America is the only Country on the globe where its citizenry and government look out for themselves first and think its the best place on Earth. Only Americans do that.

To that end...name me another Country on the globe who would do this:

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/06/10005159-despite-tensions-us-rescues-13-iranian-seamen-from-pirates

i don't really see what looking out for yourself first and thinking you live in the best place on earth have to do with each other. one might reasonably be viewed as a sign of a successful society while the other might be construed as a failing. and i'd like to think many countries would have done the same thing...of course anything either of us says to this is pure conjecture.

...of course anything either of us says to this is pure conjecture.

That's because you're not scholars. If you were scholars, you'd be scholarly, saying scholarly things, and even if it would be perceived as conjecture by most people, it wouldn't be conjecture because you'd be scholars. And you know why? Because scholars are scholarly!

Harumph!

If you think there are only "one or two" experts in America who are fluent in Farsi, it isn't someone else who's myopic.

That's because you're not scholars. If you were scholars, you'd be scholarly, saying scholarly things, and even if it would be perceived as conjecture by most people, it wouldn't be conjecture because you'd be scholars. And you know why? Because scholars are scholarly!

Harumph!

been around many academics (aka scholars) but have never heard any of them utter "harumph". maybe your experience is different?

If you think there are only "one or two" experts in America who are fluent in Farsi, it isn't someone else who's myopic.

who mentioned fluency. you're apparently fluent in english but i've yet to read nuance and eloquence.