Ice Ball

gomper

Sure......4,000 tickets were sold for New Years at the Statler....totally oversold.....being part of a one day hire we were under the gun from the start.....i think it could be characterized as a screw-up of epic proportions....people were waiting 30 minutes for a drink.....at one point i just pulled the cord and basically threw beers and a bottle of Goose at my table....its a beautiful place and it looked like the stadium after a game at the end

Across the street from our place is the biggest NYE party in SF. It's a zoo and our place literally shakes from the music that goes until 5:00am. I saw some reviews from a couple of years ago and people were complaining they had to wait an hour and a half in will call. NYE was always a cluster !@#$ when I worked in the kitchen. Hated it.

As the demand for tickets — costing as much as $175 per person — rapidly increased with folks wanting to be part of the historic reopening of the Statler, Croce said he had trouble saying no to those wanting tickets.

Sorry we are full maybe?

Sorry my arse. They were advertising on the radio the day before New Years how they added another room and band. This guy runs a couple of restaurants. On a side note I heard Croce's building a $$$$$ house in the southtowns while asking for millions of $$$$ from the city of Buffalo to help for Statler renovations.

I heard Croce's building a $$$$$ house in the southtowns while asking for millions of $$$$ from the city of Buffalo to help for Statler renovations.

This is how the game is played ... sadly.

With that said I hope he is successful in returning this landmark hotel back to success. It would be a very good thing for the city of Buffalo.

This is how the game is played ... sadly.

With that said I hope he is successful in returning this landmark hotel back to success. It would be a very good thing for the city of Buffalo.

I totally agree. They were ready to tear the thing down. That would have been a shame. As screwed up as this Ice Ball was, it's great that the place looks so good, and that so many people wanted to be there.

I think Croce will get his **** together.