And with the 10th pick in the 2012 draft,

rocwocka

INTERESTING BUT YOU base everything on your own opinion..you repeat the same overused ,overworn ,"this organization".comment ..understand something please .TOM DONAHOE AND JOHN GUY ARE GONE! those guys were clowns, as useful as a rubber crutch,,nix is on the right track so try a original thought . parroting old comments is tiring to read ,is this sully?

Of course it's my opinion...It's a message board...Are you new?

Go back to sleep...

Edited by KOKBILLS

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong...I know The Bills need Pass Rush in the worst way...I'm REALLY uncertain if any Prospect from this coming Draft, especially at #10 overall, is going to be the answer to those woes...We'll see...The last time this Organization went out looking for Pass Rush help they Drafted Maybin...And despite the fact that it turns out Maybin can rush the passer a bit, it was a disaster for The Bills...What I see from this group of College Pass Rushers is a few guys with good ability who disappear WAY too often...There are good Prospects, but they are Prospects, and I don't see one worthy of the #10 Overall Pick...There will be no Marcell Dareus at #10 overall in the 2012 Draft...So IF The Bills decide this is going to be the Draft to fully address the Pass Rush, first off, I think Bills Fans will be disappointed with the results (again)...And secondly they better Trade Down (and we all know that is not happening)...In contrast if a Kid like Jeffery is there at #10 Overall I think your getting incredible value...And I also think there will be at least one REALLY good OT available at #10 as well...I'm going to go ahead and say it now, I don't think this is the year to be looking for high 1st Round Pass Rushers...Teams reach every year looking for magic in that department...The great ones are few and far between...

All I'm saying is this...IMHO this Team is WAY closer to 5-10 than they are 10-5...And that means they have holes all over the field...And yes Defense and Pass Rush is a huge need, but if a player is available at another position of need that GREATLY upgrades that position...A player that will be a perennial Pro-Bowler well...They have to take him...WR, CB, DE, OLB, QB, O-Line...It does not matter...They just have to get the best guy and move forward... B-)

Great post as usual, but I would like to add something.

LaMarr Woodley was a mid second round pick. If one looks at his stats, they would surely be happy if he was drafted at #10. I do fully understand that all of those other teams passed him up as well, but it turned out that they were mistaken to do so. We need someone to recognize this type of talent.

Upshaw has almost identical stats in terms of height, weight and speed. He is a monster against the run and has great pass rushing moves. We need him, or someone like him, desperately, as well as another ILB.

And as you know lol, I would never say no to a solid LT. It is weird, but I must admit that we literally stumbled onto some decent blockers. Hairston and Pears will both be good RTs imo. I like Urbik, and Levitre is a top quality LG. Wood is good but usually hurt, same with Bell. The LB situation is like the Bills OL used to be.

I guess where we differ a bit is need/bpa. I am just so burned out by the parade of DBs and RBs that I cringe at the thought of another one at #10. It has not resulted in wins. As for a wideout, imo they should re-sign SJ (hate to say it) and get a speedster later on. But a wr will sell tickets, at least in the short term, and you heard Mr. Wilson. :(

with respect to our O-line...does anyone feel we need to make a selection with either our 1st or 2nd pick, or should we just concentrate on increasing depth. I tend to lean on the idea of just adding depth (rounds 3-6/FA), as the O-line played pretty well this year when all of the starters were in there.

Jonathan Martin, LT from Stanford is pretty enticing though..

Edited by bobobonators

there is only one player the Bills can plug and play @ #8 #10, and that is Courtney Upshaw.]

Upshaw is 265 lbs and struggles to beat 4.8 in the forty. What makes you think he can rush the passer? Same goes for Mercilus. We already have that type in Moats. There is no one out there that I can see that is even close to Von Miller and it is that type of player that I hope the Bills are looking for.

Absent a Von Miller type, at #10, Buffalo needs to look for an IMPACT player at a different position. Still, the DT from Penn State, might be an excellent Richard Seymour style DE in Gailey's 3-4. But what Buffalo does not need are OLBs that can't beat the average NFL OT in a 40 yard sprint.

Great post as usual, but I would like to add something.

LaMarr Woodley was a mid second round pick. If one looks at his stats, they would surely be happy if he was drafted at #10. I do fully understand that all of those other teams passed him up as well, but it turned out that they were mistaken to do so. We need someone to recognize this type of talent.

Upshaw has almost identical stats in terms of height, weight and speed. He is a monster against the run and has great pass rushing moves. We need him, or someone like him, desperately, as well as another ILB.

And as you know lol, I would never say no to a solid LT. It is weird, but I must admit that we literally stumbled onto some decent blockers. Hairston and Pears will both be good RTs imo. I like Urbik, and Levitre is a top quality LG. Wood is good but usually hurt, same with Bell. The LB situation is like the Bills OL used to be.

I guess where we differ a bit is need/bpa. I am just so burned out by the parade of DBs and RBs that I cringe at the thought of another one at #10. It has not resulted in wins. As for a wideout, imo they should re-sign SJ (hate to say it) and get a speedster later on. But a wr will sell tickets, at least in the short term, and you heard Mr. Wilson. :(

Get me LaMarr Woodley at #10 this year Bro and I'm 100% on board... :thumbsup:

Of course I'm a Michigan Fan so I'm not sure if my vote counts on that one... ;)

I hear you and I agree...I would LOVE to see The Bills grab the Defensive help they desperately need in the Pass Rush area...I guess what I'm wondering is if in fact you can get a Woodley type in the 2nd Round this coming Draft that will be every bit as good as the Upshaw or Coples that can only be had at #10 Overall...Though Upshaw is growing on me a bit...We'll see soon enough My Friend... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Get me LaMarr Woodley at #10 this year Bro and I'm 100% on board... :thumbsup:

Of coarse I'm a Michigan Fan so I'm not sure if my vote counts on that one... ;)

I hear you and I agree...I would LOVE to see The Bills grab the Defensive help they desperately need in the Pass Rush area...I guess what I'm wondering is if in fact you can get a Woodley type in the 2nd Round this coming Draft that will be every bit as good as the Upshaw or Coples that can only be had at #10 Overall...Though Upshaw is growing on me a bit...We'll see soon enough My Friend... B-)

This is a question for you and Bill, because I see you two beating the Upshaw drum the most loudly, but is there no concern about Upshaw's domestic violence charges (ultimately dropped, but still)? I like the idea of the pick a lot, I'm just curious for the perspective on this.

The last thing the Bills need is to select someone that they cannot plug right in as a starter from day one and play at a high level.

there is no WR @ #8 that will do that

there is no LT @ # 8 that will do that

there is no DE @ #8 that will do that

there is only one player the Bills can plug and play @ #8, and that is Courtney Upshaw. He may not have the upside of some of the others. But he will start at the ROLB position and have an immediate impact.

They don't need a LT. Blackmon or Jeffrey will be day one starters wherever they go. Coples could be.

there is only one player the Bills can plug and play @ #8 #10, and that is Courtney Upshaw.]

Upshaw is 265 lbs and struggles to beat 4.8 in the forty. What makes you think he can rush the passer? Same goes for Mercilus. We already have that type in Moats. There is no one out there that I can see that is even close to Von Miller and it is that type of player that I hope the Bills are looking for.

Absent a Von Miller type, at #10, Buffalo needs to look for an IMPACT player at a different position. Still, the DT from Penn State, might be an excellent Richard Seymour style DE in Gailey's 3-4. But what Buffalo does not need are OLBs that can't beat the average NFL OT in a 40 yard sprint.

i could care less about 40 times with respect to LBs/DE's..i'm more interested in their 10yd splits and explosiveness...when i watch Upshaw play, i see explosiveness. i'd like to see hiim run the 40 though and see what his 10 yd split time is

Edited by bobobonators

A very odd, disturbing story. Her father sounds very strange.

It doesn't make me happy. Sadly many of these players (including Donte as soon as he hit town) get inviolved with this. It would be up to an NFL football team to thoroughly investigate this before making a big investment in any player.

They can afford it, ya know?

And with the 10th pick in the 2012 draft, the Buffalo Bills select:

How about a quick look at our notable "busts" over the past decade. I left off the guys who actually made some contribution to the team. Some may argue there should be more guys on the list; I just included the notable failures. Hopefully Leodis can perform well enough next season to be removed from this list.

Erik Flowers (26) 2 Seasons, 4 sacks, 14 tackles

Mike Williams (4) This one REALLY hurt; how do you screw up a top-5 pick??

J.P. Losman (22 - trade)

John McCargo (26 - trade) 5 Seasons, 2.5 sacks, 32 tackles - F A I L -

Leodis McKelvin (11) 4 Seasons, 0 sacks, 118 tackles (pass), 5 INTs (yawn), 25 PD. - :rolleyes:

Aaron Maybin (11) 2 Season, 0 sacks, 15 tackles - F A I L -

My point is: whether we draft 4th or 26th, this team has a history of peeing all over itself when it comes time to select its first round picks.

Buddy - Please knock it out of the park in April? Please??

:bag:

Edited by Mr_Blizzard

First round Nick Perry OLB USC

Second Round Nick Foles QB Arizona

Third Round Keith Tandy CB WVU

Sign Robert Meachem and Martellus Bennet in Free Agency, and thats a pretty good offseason.

Edited by mob16151

You pretty much hit the nail on the head regarding my concerns about Upshaw...I really don't question his ability to play in the NFL...But I'm not certain he has the explosion necessary to be a great NFL Pass Rusher...Heck it can be argued he's not a great College Pass Rusher...He's an effort guy no doubt...But some Scouts say he's going to measure under 6-2 at the Combine and run in the 4.7 Range...To me Upshaw is the type of Prospect you're going to love if you get him at the bottom part of the 1st or early in the 2nd...He'll be a piece of a decent Defense, but not necessarily a star...Kind of like Robert Ayers who I loved coming out of College...But I wonder if Upshaw is truly worthy of #10 overall...I just worry he'll never be a 10-plus Sack guy in the NFL, and he's going to struggle a bit with OLB assignments if he truly is a 4-7-4-8 speed guy...

Then I look at a few of the other Prospect that may be around at #10 and I drool...I've had the pleasure of seeing a ton of Alshon Jeffery while living in Charlotte the past 20 years...And that Kid is a special talent...You put him on the other side of Stevie Johnson (ya I know...assuming...) and now NFL Defenses have HUGE problems coming up with ways to stop the Bills...There may be one or two Top LT Prospects available at #10 overall...I just wonder if passing on a top Prospect at another Position in order to Draft a Kid like Upshaw or Coples is going to backfire on the Bills big-time in the end...And unfortunately I've given up on Nix Trading up or down... B-)

Only Ohio State fans are coarse… coarse and vulgar.

Too true... ;)

And yes I know it's course...I was typing fast and did not check because I was late to work reading this damn board as usual... :lol: