A nice Dead tune for your listening pleasure....

The Poojer

I agree.These were my heavy touring days. This was the last Golden Era. I always felt they were never the same after Brent died in '90. '91 was very good but after that their game started to slip mostly due to Jerry's drug habit...and don't get me started on the choice of Vince. All in all, thanks for sharing...good to see fellow Deadheads here :)

sadly bruce hornsby goes on....(kidding...i am a big bruce hornsby fan)

Amazing about the Dead's keyboard players.

Life imitating art with the Spinal Tap drummer thing.

How many keyboardists have they had who died?

Keith, Pigpen, Brent, Vince… that's a lot of Dead pianists for one band.

Furthur started a three night stand at the Bill Graham Auditorium last night. Saw them there two years ago on NYE. It was a three set five and a half hour monster. Last night's set looked awesome and can't imagine what they have in store for Saturday night. I'd go but the wife is not a big dead fan. But something electric about "The Dead" on NYE in San Francisco.

I remember your build up and subsequent report of that show....if your wife really loved you, she'd understand if you just decided to go on your own..... :pirate:

Furthur started a three night stand at the Bill Graham Auditorium last night. Saw them there two years ago on NYE. It was a three set five and a half hour monster. Last night's set looked awesome and can't imagine what they have in store for Saturday night. I'd go but the wife is not a big dead fan. But something electric about "The Dead" on NYE in San Francisco.

I remember your build up and subsequent report of that show....if your wife really loved you, she'd understand if you just decided to go on your own..... :pirate:

Oh she already told me I could but I'd rather spend the night with her. Aren't I nice guy?

And Primus is at The Great American Music Hall tonight too. And I'm stuck here drinking Champagne and eating $1000 ham.

BTW here's my favorite Brent performance. He kills it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHU5FywUBEk

Edited by Chef Jim

if you have sirius/xm you can add some ambient background music....

Oh she already told me I could but I'd rather spend the night with her. Aren't I nice guy?

And Primus is at The Great American Music Hall tonight too. And I'm stuck here drinking Champagne and eating $1000 ham.

youtube.com/watch?v=MHU5FywUBEk

that show was recorded as Crimson, White & Indigo...it's a FABULOUS recording...Brent really was amazing... :worthy:

youtube.com/watch?v=MHU5FywUBEk

i have the audio and listen to it often....

I also have the Trucking Off to Buffalo DVD. Not as good as the Philly show but cool to see them at Rich Stadium.

I only saw them live once. My wife got me tickets for my 30th birthday. I wasn't a big fan at the time so part of the show I didn't get. But then again I was sober at the time so no drugs or booze for The Dead is like having sex with your clothes on.

ive only seen them a couple times, i got into them late in the game, my own stupid fault...but i have seen DSO, RatDog, Lesh & Friends and hoping to see JGB in a couple weeks here in town. Keep missing Furthur, but gonna make it a point this year if they come close. I just really enjoy their music, it can be foreground music or simply background music...ive recently found its great work out/jogging music...one dark star and a couple other songs and bam, your workout is over, or at least mostly over...just great music to chill to. Fascinated also by the whole Dead phenomenon and the people that make it up...

I also have the Trucking Off to Buffalo DVD. Not as good as the Philly show but cool to see them at Rich Stadium.

I only saw them live once. My wife got me tickets for my 30th birthday. I wasn't a big fan at the time so part of the show I didn't get. But then again I was sober at the time so no drugs or booze for The Dead is like having sex with your clothes on.

ive only seen them a couple times, i got into them late in the game, my own stupid fault...but i have seen DSO, RatDog, Lesh & Friends and hoping to see JGB in a couple weeks here in town. Keep missing Furthur, but gonna make it a point this year if they come close. I just really enjoy their music, it can be foreground music or simply background music...ive recently found its great work out/jogging music...one dark star and a couple other songs and bam, your workout is over, or at least mostly over...just great music to chill to. Fascinated also by the whole Dead phenomenon and the people that make it up...

Furthur is pretty damn good. Not a big fan of Bobby but it is as close as you'll get to reliving the Dead (wow, that's deep). John Kadlecik nails Jerry's guitar. But having seen DSO you already knew that. You can stream tonight's show if you're up late. :thumbsup:

Found this on youtube. Most of it filmed in Hammer's Lot. Where did my stones go man. Good times.

youtube.com/watch?v=XB7OT2o7x2k

Thanks for sharing that. There are certain things that are great about being an old fart. Number one is the music. Number two is chicks going braless. And yes that order.

BTW The Dead loved Buffalo.

Edited by Chef Jim

1325383149[/url]' post='2349517']

Thanks for sharing that. There are certain things that are great about being an old fart. Number one is the music. Number two is chicks going braless. And yes that order.

I wonder how old the girl with the long hair in the long dress is? Is she still free spirited?

Let me add #3...bringing your kids so they can experience a part of your social make-up and that u can still 'rock on'...granted they may laugh at you, but it's a great dynamic...I did that last week with the dead milkmen