Reverse Logic

xsoldier54

I seriously thought I would see more on this topic, but here goes. Winning that game showed a lot about this team's character and not in a good way. In just about every game this year, where there was the least amount of pressure, this team folded like a house of cards. And please don't give me the first NE game as an example, because nobody expected Buffalo to win, so there was no pressure. Now that the pressure is off and they are assured of a losing season, they come out and play a good game. Exactly what did that accomplish? It cost the Bills dearly in next year's draft. Now I know that they have to try and win every week, but how pathetic is this team? As a fan, I have rooted for them to win every single game since the opening season in 1960. Yesterday, all I could do was laugh. This team loses every game that they need to win and wins when losing would be the best outcome. As a fan, it is just laughable. I couldn't even enjoy the win yesterday because I knew it was probably costing the Bills the player that they desperately want in next year's draft but will miss out on because they won yesterday.

Fitz hit the nail on the head in his presser. They want to end this year on a positive note. If they played like crap right up to the end, nobody would be looking forward to next year. That includes players, coaches, management and fans. They have to do their best and demonstrate that they are competitive. Which would sell more season tickets: winning a meaningless home game at the end of the season, or mail it in and look like the team doesn't even care? Maybe the difference is small, and maybe the experts on this forum would see the master plan and be more enthusiastic if they lost, but on a grand scale they would likely be better off if they are competitive and chalk up a victory for the last home game of the season.

It actually didnt cost the Bills anything in the draft. So now you sound dumb. They entered in 10th and left in 10th. It was a great win.

Would they have stayed 10th if they had lost? No. It's okay if you disagree, I don't mind, but I am far from stupid. It was not a great win. It was a win when nothing mattered except draft position. A great win would have been a win against the Jets the first time or Dallas, when something mattered for this year. I stand by my original post. It is my personal opinion and you are welcome to yours. I won't call your opinion dumb, just different than mine. Take care.

I agree that they seem to have played "bad" when they became a "good" team, but not playing the best you can in order to get a higher draft pick is not realistic. These guys all need jobs next year and every game is an interview. Be happy with a win, I am.

I agree that it is nice to get a win. It just would have been a lot nicer to get one when it really mattered and could have helped them get in the playoffs. This one meant nothing except that they will pick higher next year and not get as good a player. Pathetic in my opininion.

Fitz hit the nail on the head in his presser. They want to end this year on a positive note. If they played like crap right up to the end, nobody would be looking forward to next year. That includes players, coaches, management and fans. They have to do their best and demonstrate that they are competitive. Which would sell more season tickets: winning a meaningless home game at the end of the season, or mail it in and look like the team doesn't even care? Maybe the difference is small, and maybe the experts on this forum would see the master plan and be more enthusiastic if they lost, but on a grand scale they would likely be better off if they are competitive and chalk up a victory for the last home game of the season.

What Fitz says would mean a lot more to me if he had played better when it mattered. Earlier in the season when this team actually had a chance to show what they are made of, they did just that. They have no heart. They win when there is no pressure and when they feel a bit of pressure, they fold like a house of cards. This win means nothing for next year. It just hurts their draft position. Period.

...after I read this.

Glad to be of service.

I seriously thought I would see more on this topic, but here goes. Winning that game showed a lot about this team's character and not in a good way. In just about every game this year, where there was the least amount of pressure, this team folded like a house of cards. And please don't give me the first NE game as an example, because nobody expected Buffalo to win, so there was no pressure. Now that the pressure is off and they are assured of a losing season, they come out and play a good game. Exactly what did that accomplish? It cost the Bills dearly in next year's draft. Now I know that they have to try and win every week, but how pathetic is this team? As a fan, I have rooted for them to win every single game since the opening season in 1960. Yesterday, all I could do was laugh. This team loses every game that they need to win and wins when losing would be the best outcome. As a fan, it is just laughable. I couldn't even enjoy the win yesterday because I knew it was probably costing the Bills the player that they desperately want in next year's draft but will miss out on because they won yesterday.

I have a question concerning your subtitle. When should the Bills ever lose? So they can get a higher draft pick? No. These guys are paid a minimum of six figures to go out and play to the best of their abilities and try to win games. Winning puts fans in seats. Right now they pick 10th. They can pick up an impact player at #10.

X soldier, you don't fool me at all. You're a troll, NOT a Bills fan! Yours is the most pathetic post I've read so far on this message board. You took something positive that the Bills did, and spent the rest of your post turning it into a negative. Your post is laden with pathetic, really ignorant claims like,"this win cost them dearly in next year's draft", "where there's pressure, they fold", and on and on and on. "Rooted for the Bills since 1960"? Really? And this is the height of your knowledge of the Bills? Pathetic.

Crawl back into your hole, and your miserable life, and quit trolling our message board.

"You play to win the game" - Herm Edwards

You can't tell me your a fan of the Bills if you actively root for failure and don't want to see the Buffalo Bills sweep the Pats for the first time in forever.

Besides, with the Bills track record of drafting, who cares if they pick 10th or 15th!

Edited by It's in My Blood

I have a question concerning your subtitle. When should the Bills ever lose? So they can get a higher draft pick? No. These guys are paid a minimum of six figures to go out and play to the best of their abilities and try to win games. Winning puts fans in seats. Right now they pick 10th. They can pick up an impact player at #10.

If your read my post, I said that I know they have to try and win every week. My point was that it is laughable that they lose every game that means anything and now, when a loss would be a better outcome, that's when they finally win a game. I just find it ironic, that's all.

X soldier, you don't fool me at all. You're a troll, NOT a Bills fan! Yours is the most pathetic post I've read so far on this message board. You took something positive that the Bills did, and spent the rest of your post turning it into a negative. Your post is laden with pathetic, really ignorant claims like,"this win cost them dearly in next year's draft", "where there's pressure, they fold", and on and on and on. "Rooted for the Bills since 1960"? Really? And this is the height of your knowledge of the Bills? Pathetic.

Crawl back into your hole, and your miserable life, and quit trolling our message board.

Wow! That's all I can say. I have watched every game for over 50 years and root for the Bills to win every week. I just find it ironic that they lose every game that has the least bit of pressure, then win when it actually would benefit them to lose. You can call me whatever names you want, but I stand by my post. That doesn't make me less of a fan, just one with a sense of irony.

"You play to win the game" - Herm Edwards

You can't tell me your a fan of the Bills if you actively root for failure and don't want to see the Buffalo Bills sweep the Pats for the first time in forever.

Besides, with the Bills track record of drafting, who cares if they pick 10th or 15th!

Actually yes I can. I am a huge Bills fan. It just doesn't mean anything to win now. It actually hurts them. It would have meant something if they actually could have won a game earlier in the season when they needed to win. Winning now means nothing except that they don't get as good a player in the draft.

Hellooooooooo? You play, to win, the game...............

I know, I know. That was pretty funny. I said in my post that I know they have to try and win every week. I just find it very ironic that they finally win a game when it actually would benefit them to lose. I expected to get hammered on this board for saying it, but that's okay. The win made me laugh.

If your read my post, I said that I know they have to try and win every week. My point was that it is laughable that they lose every game that means anything and now, when a loss would be a better outcome, that's when they finally win a game. I just find it ironic, that's all.

I will grant you that a loss would have resulted in an earlier draft pick; however, a win means more for the morale of the team and the fans.

Admittedly I was kind of rooting for a good draft spot, as opposed to a good game last week. However I actually thoroughly enjoyed that game. Spiller looked good, our young draft picks looked good, even Kelsay looked good.

Equally fun to watch were the struggles of Von Miller and Tebow.

I'll take enjoying a day of football over a few draft spots any day.

I will grant you that a loss would have resulted in an earlier draft pick; however, a win means more for the morale of the team and the fans.

I think we can agree that it's better to win than lose. I just got a chuckle about the timing of the win.

Admittedly I was kind of rooting for a good draft spot, as opposed to a good game last week. However I actually thoroughly enjoyed that game. Spiller looked good, our young draft picks looked good, even Kelsay looked good.

Equally fun to watch were the struggles of Von Miller and Tebow.

I'll take enjoying a day of football over a few draft spots any day.

I enjoyed all of the things that you mentioned as well. My point is that it sure would have been nice to see those things a bit earlier in the year when it counted.

I think we can agree that it's better to win than lose. I just got a chuckle about the timing of the win.

I enjoyed all of the things that you mentioned as well. My point is that it sure would have been nice to see those things a bit earlier in the year when it counted.

I'll admit, I had a similar thought after the game. IMO, though the Bills DID play well early in the season. Injuries combined with a lack of depth doomed this season.

I think many agree that among the Bill's biggest needs is OLB. There are no "superstars" at that position in this draft, our positioning might be good to land one of the top OLB's in the draft. I wouldn't have minded a shot at Blackmon though

Whats more important than anything in all of this is changing the losing culture of Buffalo into a winning franchise. Every win counts and winning is contagious. There is more than one good player in the draft and there are good players on this team. You play to win, you want a winner? Tell them to win, expect to win and WIN

Whats more important than anything in all of this is changing the losing culture of Buffalo into a winning franchise. Every win counts and winning is contagious. There is more than one good player in the draft and there are good players on this team. You play to win, you want a winner? Tell them to win, expect to win and WIN

Gotta disagree with you bro. This win did nothing to change the losing culture. I agree that you play to win. I wouldn't expect them to try and lose. Again, it is the timing of the win, that troubles me. I would have been much happier with a win against the Giants, Jets, Miami or Dallas, when it actually would have meant something for this year. I always want them to win, it's just very frustrating that they win now when it means nothing and can't manage to win games that would actually do something to help change that losing culture.