Barkley's decision comes this afternoon...

Bronc24

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When is USC eligible again?

I remember thinking back when it happened that Barkley would have to return for his senior season in order to get a chance for the NC, so I'm pretty sure it's next year. I've always assumed that he would do just that, though USC hasn't exactly been playing at NC level, so it would probably not be the greatest decision.

Edited by Faustus

Yeah, I think he's going back. I always think it's crazy to go back in football with such a great injury risk than basketball, and I always want them to stay in for hoops, but it seems like a lot of the decisions go the other way.

Man, we really need him to come out!

Yeah, I think he's going back. I always think it's crazy to go back in football with such a great injury risk than basketball, and I always want them to stay in for hoops, but it seems like a lot of the decisions go the other way.

Man, we really need him to come out!

I don't think USC would be so eager to advertise the decision if he was leaving. My guess is he stays and gambles on being the #1 pick next year.

I don't think USC would be so eager to advertise the decision if he was leaving. My guess is he stays and gambles on being the #1 pick next year.

The only hope is they actually did have the same type of news conference set up when Sanchez announced he was leaving.

I didn't want Cam or Gabbert this year, but would have no problem at all if we selected this kid. He's got some game.

Sports radio folks have been making the point that it wouldn't be as good of a situation for him next season since Kalil won't be there to protect his blind side. I guess we'll have to see, though.

We need to get a stud player with our top pick next year, whether this kid comes out or not.