Rob Ryan...I'll say it. I want him as the next HC of Buffalo

JimKelly12

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a word ... NO! This isn't NYC and what plays there, doesn't here. We are better than that and surely, better than Buddy Jr. and Buddy Lite. Watch Big D and the "JETS" fall apart down the stretch. No ... we don't need to sell our souls for the Ryan twins.

Flame away but consider this.

He brings fire and passion. Surround him with a strong offensive team and keep Wanny in place and I think that could change the soft culture that has been around 1 Bills Drive since Wade left.

Since this would be his first HC gig he might consider coming to a place such as Buffalo, but woudln't command a salary like Gruden, Billick or Cowher (guys who are older and wouldn't come anyways).

Enough with the "give Chan a chance" crap. The reason I am not sold on him or Edwards is that they are absolutely unable to adapt, in game or between games.

It has been the same story week in and week out. Change has to come or they risk not selling out November games on top of December games next year.

He brings fire and passion. Surround him with a strong offensive team and keep Wanny in place and I think that could change the soft culture that has been around 1 Bills Drive since Wade left.

Since this would be his first HC gig he might consider coming to a place such as Buffalo, but woudln't command a salary like Gruden, Billick or Cowher (guys who are older and wouldn't come anyways).

Enough with the "give Chan a chance" crap. The reason I am not sold on him or Edwards is that they are absolutely unable to adapt, in game or between games.

It has been the same story week in and week out. Change has to come or they risk not selling out November games on top of December games next year.

we should have made him our DC. I would not make him our coach now as blowing it up every two years would mean we would never get better.

Sorry, but this is one of the most overrated coordinators in the business. Rob got the Raider D to play hard when the team was awful, but since then he is only above average. The Ryan brothers have become a dog and pony show -- high fury, low substance.

Rob and Rex can barely stand up straight without falling over ... let alone have any swagger. Did I miss something? Have either of these jokers won anything yet? Did Buddy win as a HC? Nah > pass!

quote name='Hsp08' timestamp='1324579025' post='2343000']

I am with you too. :thumbsup:

This team needs some swagger like they use to in the 90's.

Brother vs brother coaching battle 2x a year. Talk about some hype... Can you imagine the trash talking?

That move might get the bills a SNF or MNF billing.

I like the idea. I think he's a good HC prospect, and the above will definetly get some good SNF and MNF games.

You people talk out your a$$es so bad it ain't funny. If he was named the coach you'd love it and buy tickets. Just like you do year after year....

He is not a Head Coach, he is like Wade Phillips a good assistant

You mean the Wade Phillips that coached our last playoff game back in 1999 and has been better than our last four coaches??? THAT Wade Phillips???

I've never said this before: Were this to happen, I'd stop following the Bills, stop buying merchandise, tickets, etc. until his FAT ASS is gone.

This is just stupid IMO. To be honest I am not so sure Rex is even that great of a coach. They have spent money on talent out the wazoo in New York and both years he has squeaked into the playoffs. It's not even looking that good for them making it this year. His brother Rob seems to be less of a head coaching type than Rex does and Rex isn't even that great. Would I take him as DC? In a heartbeat. I'm stikcing to it: Let Chan have his chance.

It's got to be better than anything we've seen in a long while. How about a little support for people thinking out of the box? Nothing else is working in this organization if you haven't noticed.

Rob and Rex can barely stand up straight without falling over ... let alone have any swagger. Did I miss something? Have either of these jokers won anything yet? Did Buddy win as a HC? Nah > pass!

You people talk out your a$$es so bad it ain't funny. If he was named the coach you'd love it and buy tickets. Just like you do year after year....

You mean the Wade Phillips that coached our last playoff game back in 1999 and has been better than our last four coaches??? THAT Wade Phillips???

Well Said.

Count me as in. You guys are just scared of winning.

Let's see, 13th in yards allowed per game, 20th in points allowed, leading the defense of the "top" team at 8-6 in a division of weak sisters, on a team with far more defensive talent than ours. Former DC of the Cleveland Browns, a stint where he no doubt left a trail of bodies in his wake.

You've pretty much established it, we're just terrified of winning.

Because someone is wiling to pay him.

I guarantee, somebody else would be willing to pay him as well...even if Chan stays, I doubt that Wannestadt sticks around much longer, unless he becomes Chan's DC. He is in Buffalo, because he is a friend of Gaileys'. Maybe he returns to Dallas as DC, when Rob Ryan gets his HC job...

I would rather never win another game, ever. I can't that fat POS or is brother.

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

He isn't quite a much of a d-bag as his brother is, but I despise the Ryan's as a family... Besides, we don't have WARE.

Let's see, 13th in yards allowed per game, 20th in points allowed, leading the defense of the "top" team at 8-6 in a division of weak sisters, on a team with far more defensive talent than ours. Former DC of the Cleveland Browns, a stint where he no doubt left a trail of bodies in his wake.

You've pretty much established it, we're just terrified of winning.

Exactly, he may have the best pass rusher in the NFL...And other than him the D has just been mediocre at best. Plus they have a knack for blowing it late in games...