The Last laugh is on the Dolfans

bisonbrigade

I'm not so sure. The tie breaker for determining draft selection order is strength of schedule. I'm too lazy to look it up right now but if Miami has had an easier schedule they would still pick ahead of us.

GO BILLS!!!

Right now we would draft tenth, with Miami drafting ninth. The last time the Bills were hurt by the SOS SF drafted ninth and the Bills tenth. They drafted Patrick Willis and we drafted Marshawn Lynch. Good for SF and Seattle.

Amen Brother! Agreed. 100% correct. Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees, Rothlisburger, Manning, Manning, Brady, Kurt Warner, John Elway, Favre ... all winners of last 13 Superbowls. I left out Baltimore and Tampa Bay because they had such dominant defenses and got by with average QB's ... but a dominant defense isnt coming to Buffalo any time soon. Better to draft and groom a stud. Top tier QB's dont overshoot a receiver in stride by 6 yards and also throw picks week after week. Sorry, really do love you Fitz, but it aint happening Bro. Dreadful play last few weeks. Ouch,.

WHY NOT A DOMINANT DEFENSE. THE WEAKNESS OF THE DEFENSE IS THE OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS. DRAFT COURTNEY UPSHAW AND ANOTHER PLAYER IN THE 3RD OR 4TH ROUND, BRING BACK KYLE WILLIAMS AND IT MIGHT HAPPEN.

WHY NOT A DOMINANT DEFENSE. THE WEAKNESS OF THE DEFENSE IS THE OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS. DRAFT COURTNEY UPSHAW AND ANOTHER PLAYER IN THE 3RD OR 4TH ROUND, BRING BACK KYLE WILLIAMS AND IT MIGHT HAPPEN.

Hey thanks for the big shout out. I'm taking a wild guess and saying we have more "weakness" than the OLB's.

Maybe a couple of cornerbacks and a another lineman or two or three....

If the past is prologue, the odds of us drafting a first round bust are probably over 90%

Fine. But you realize that, no matter where in the round it is, there will still be a first round draft of some point. What difference does it make if, for example, if our bust is picked 9th overall or 15th overall? A bust is a bust.

I, for one, will continue to hope against hope and blindly believe that, one of these years, our players will remain healthy and play enough games together to really click and get back into the habit of winning games.

A win does nothing for me. Had they won it and if they do well in 2012, I don't see them looking back at this game and saying "that was the game that did it!" Whereas getting a top-3 pick and selecting Dareus definitely helped. Even moreso if they have a shot at a top QB prospect.

Bingo! A win now does no good. Not after falling off the cliff like they have.

I saw what I wanted to see toady. Young players like Arron Williams, Marcel Dareus and CJ Spiller played well today. It doesn't matter that the Bills lost, because they won today in the end. The Bills moved up in the draft and passed Miami in draft status which really counts. You can say that the Bills don't draft well, but the 2011 draft is looking good. Dareus, Williams, Sheppard, Searcy and Hairston are all keepers. So a strong 2012 draft led by Courtney Upshaw and the return of all the injured players is making 2012 look pretty good. Thanks Miami!! Enjoy your meaningless win.

This is Buffalo NY rationalization at it's best. We lost the game, but we won...in some convoluted manner that nobody outside of WNY can quantify or fathom.

It's this same rationalization that people use when the world points at Buffalo and mocks (in no particular order) - the weather, the economy, the local government, the sports teams. WNY-er's respond with - Our housing is cheap, we have the best fans in the world, it's a great place to raise a family, etc., oblivious to the fact that (1) housing is cheap because there is no local economy and nobody wants to live there (2) the fans are great, but so are millions of others in similar socioeconomic regions who's identity is crafted by their local sports teams (3) EVERY region/city has excellent school systems and places to raise a family...

The snap response of "we won" is just another reflex from a well forged inferiority complex only found in Buffalo. Sports are about Wins and Losses - not some convoluted we get the better pick...this team sucks right now and there is no solution in sight when you consider our best WR is on the runway out of here and we have yet to figure out how to stop the run...Stop it with this meaningless win garbage.

By the way - I am from WNY and like it there - but this hidden gem idea native WNY-er's have crafted for Buffalo is second only to the Nazi's big lie....

+1 But we need some positves going into next year. They have zero pride rightnow. Id still take a win. Like someone has already posted ' An average team doesnt lose 7 in a row.'

Are the Bills an average team right now?

This is Buffalo NY rationalization at it's best. We lost the game, but we won...in some convoluted manner that nobody outside of WNY can quantify or fathom.

It's this same rationalization that people use when the world points at Buffalo and mocks (in no particular order) - the weather, the economy, the local government, the sports teams. WNY-er's respond with - Our housing is cheap, we have the best fans in the world, it's a great place to raise a family, etc., oblivious to the fact that (1) housing is cheap because there is no local economy and nobody wants to live there (2) the fans are great, but so are millions of others in similar socioeconomic regions who's identity is crafted by their local sports teams (3) EVERY region/city has excellent school systems and places to raise a family...

The snap response of "we won" is just another reflex from a well forged inferiority complex only found in Buffalo. Sports are about Wins and Losses - not some convoluted we get the better pick...this team sucks right now and there is no solution in sight when you consider our best WR is on the runway out of here and we have yet to figure out how to stop the run...Stop it with this meaningless win garbage.

By the way - I am from WNY and like it there - but this hidden gem idea native WNY-er's have crafted for Buffalo is second only to the Nazi's big lie....

Yeah, some convoluted way that only people in WNY understand. As if we made up the saying that the whole league has said all year "Suck for Luck."

But, glad you could get your Buffalo bashing in somehow, in a thread that has nothing to do with the region.

I always want the Bills to win but in the big picture, a win would have been meaningless. Young players played and made plays. The only thing that I hoped it showed us is that if there is a franchise QB available at our pick, we need to take him. I love Fitz but he has too many of this games to ever been 100% trust worthy.

If the Bills end up with RG3, Barkley, or a stud pass rusher, no one will give 2 craps about losing to the stupid Dolphins. In fact, I think the Dolphins may have screwed themselves because it is going to be hard to replace Moore in that lockerroom.

Anyone who is happy when "their team" loses, whatever the reason, is a !@#$ing moron.

Especially when they lose to a bad team that also played like ****.

That's my opinion.

While I respect your opinion to disagree with others, I don't think it's necessary to call names. It's sometimes good to find solace in these losses. If we took them all to heart, there would be a 5-mile line to jump off the Rainbow Bridge.

You my friend are a fu@king idiot. If you were actually from Western NY you would know that our "stagnant" economy is also a myth made up by fu@ks like you. Take a drive around the WNY region. See how many new builds are happening in the dead of our blistering cold blizzard winters. As for EVERY region has a nice place to raise a family, yeah I'm sure that's true if your making 6 figures and can afford to live in a gated community. Why don't you keep your spewing to the spewing you do after you take your boyfriends load.

I saw what I wanted to see toady. Young players like Arron Williams, Marcel Dareus and CJ Spiller played well today. It doesn't matter that the Bills lost, because they won today in the end. The Bills moved up in the draft and passed Miami in draft status which really counts. You can say that the Bills don't draft well, but the 2011 draft is looking good. Dareus, Williams, Sheppard, Searcy and Hairston are all keepers. So a strong 2012 draft led by Courtney Upshaw and the return of all the injured players is making 2012 look pretty good. Thanks Miami!! Enjoy your meaningless win.

Actually the last laugh is on us(as it usually is). Not only did they kick our asses twice this year, they are still scheduled to pick ahead of us based on the SOS tie breaker. So now they could draft RG right before we draft some undersized linebacker with a high motor that will be out of the league in 3 years & we could all watch RG as he lights our defense up on an annual basis for the next 12 years.