Prepare ye selves, fans of Buffalo

The Big Cat

Tim Tebow, coming to Buffalo the day before Jesus' birthday?

You've got to be kidding me, right?

So what's it going to be? A 24 point Denver comeback in the final 3:30 of the fourth quarter? A 99 yard run with time expired to overcome a five point deficit?

What "Christmas Miracle?" awaits the Tebow disciples on the eve of thine savior's birth?

How long after will we be forced to endure the replays? Already the images from the slow motion highlight reel are burned into our consciousness: the Broncos dancing to glory, our players peppering the background, falling helplessly, lifelessly every which way in failed, futile attempts to grasp at the all-mighty.

One last dagger in the nuts.

And with heaviness in our hearts, the spirit of Bills nation will moan:

12 Am I the sea, or the monster of the deep,

that you put me under guard?

13 When I think my bed will comfort me

and my couch will ease my complaint,

14 even then you frighten me with dreams

and terrify me with visions,

15 so that I prefer strangling and death,

rather than this body of mine.

16 I despise my life; I would not live forever.

Let me alone; my days have no meaning."

And lo, the mighty Tebow will look upon the suffering Bills fans with grace, with compassionate and with forgiveness.

And the honor in Bills nation shall be returned two fold that day. And the city of Buffalo, the county of Erie, and all parts of the world where Bills fans once united in vain shall be lifted from our collective malaise, our united spirit shall carry our players to a new paradise of unspeakable glory.

The coming of Christ, indeed!

For then, in the final week of the season, the reborn Bills shall travel to Foxboro to mark the first franchise's first victory at Gillette Stadium, and the first Bills/Patriots* sweep since the dawn of the new millennium.

And a new era shall begin.

Of course, Tebow's blessing will come at a cost, and we will never, ever, ever beat the Denver Broncos again. Ever. Under any circumstance. Never. But a playoff birth in 2012, and every year after will make it very much worth the while.

Edited by The Big Cat

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for the national media to bring up Ralph's "Denver panicked" quote when they took Tebow. And then for Tebow to come in here and get his revenge would be poetic justice. A public shaming is what Ralph needs.

Also can't wait to see Von Miller pound our 7th-round QB into the turf.

Forget Jesus, it feels like MY birthday coming up.

I'm foaming at the mouth!

Agreed - what comeback?

With our pass-rush, this will be the game where everyone will start to wonder if Tebow can even be a pocket passer.

I say he hits 75% of his throws - because he'll have a month to make each of them.

They'll do OK against Miller - and he'll still get some plays - that's no shame. He's a good player - most of us suspected it. So is Dareus.

We could have used both of them, but you can't be upset with what Dareus has brought as an interior DL. If he still had Merriman and a healthy Williams in there with him the front would be a real strength of the team, and we'll see that next season, particularly assuming they draft (hopefully multiple) good OLB prospects.

Whatever happens, Id like to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for making me a Bills fan.

And to show my thanks to Him, Im withholding any further donations to my Church until further notice.

Edited by RkFast

Agreed - what comeback?

With our pass-rush, this will be the game where everyone will start to wonder if Tebow can even be a pocket passer.

I say he hits 75% of his throws - because he'll have a month to make each of them.

Ugh...so true. Or better yet, we'll see nothing but exotic blitz packages, the likes of which we haven't seen all year. And because it's Tebow, and that's the exact opposite of what you should do to keep him in check, he'll "torch" us on the ground.

Edited by The Big Cat

Bills owner Ralph Wilson insists his team had no intention of drafting Tim Tebow or trading for him, and says that the Broncos "panicked" when they traded three picks to move up to select the former Gators quarterback.

He also hopes that his new running back C.J. Spiller will give fans something to cheer for, conceding that "We've been dull for 10 years ... no excitement. We've got to create some excitement."

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/extra-points/2010/bills-ralph-wilson-tebow-denver-panicked

The Day of Reckoning is coming for you, Ralph Wilson

Bills owner Ralph Wilson insists his team had no intention of drafting Tim Tebow or trading for him, and says that the Broncos "panicked" when they traded three picks to move up to select the former Gators quarterback.

He also hopes that his new running back C.J. Spiller will give fans something to cheer for, conceding that "We've been dull for 10 years ... no excitement. We've got to create some excitement."

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/extra-points/2010/bills-ralph-wilson-tebow-denver-panicked

The Day of Reckoning is coming for you, Ralph Wilson

Spiller was a Ralph pick, eh?

At this point, even God is like, "Whoa, Tim, settle down with all the Jesus stuff. Try going 20 minutes without mentioning Him."

I'll be at that game, and in preparation for all the miracles I'll be witnessing, I'll be sure to stock up on the blood of Christ.