Who does Fitzpatrick remind you of?

poo

I have been a big Fitz fan, but this stretch has become too much to fathom. I loved his fearlessness and football smarts, during the back half of last year and in the first third of 2011. Regardless of any other intangible, his inaccuracy and inconsistency can't be overcome.

Last year, Jim Kelly talked about how a quarterback has to hit the plays when they are there...that there are moments when it's all on the QB to get it done. We've witnessed a devastating stretch where Fitz can't deliver on Kelly's observations. He over- & underthrows in maddening fashion when the play is there to be had.

How can he be looked at in any way other than a stop-gap given this year and last year as evidence?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any time you lose someone that was responsible for 30% of your teams offense your going to struggle. When we lost freddy for good we lost our best weapon, our leader and our confidence.

We cant run the ball which puts more pressure on Fitz and our not that good receivers. Teams know our tackles suck so if they jam us at the line and force us to throw deep they can get to Fitz.

I really dont believe Fitz is the problem. We have a serious lack of talent all around. I've seen Fitz do it and do it well more than once.

For those of you saying we should cut him after the season, you would be sending a big FU to the entire team and any other FA that wants to sign here. That would be the worst thing we could do IMO.

Fitz was a backup NFl QB before the season started and he still is.

Any time you lose someone that was responsible for 30% of your teams offense your going to struggle. When we lost freddy for good we lost our best weapon, our leader and our confidence.

We cant run the ball which puts more pressure on Fitz and our not that good receivers. Teams know our tackles suck so if they jam us at the line and force us to throw deep they can get to Fitz.

I really dont believe Fitz is the problem. We have a serious lack of talent all around. I've seen Fitz do it and do it well more than once.

For those of you saying we should cut him after the season, you would be sending a big FU to the entire team and any other FA that wants to sign here. That would be the worst thing we could do IMO.

Fitz' passes to open receivers have been WAY off. In the past month.

I have been a big Fitz fan, but this stretch has become too much to fathom. I loved his fearlessness and football smarts, during the back half of last year and in the first third of 2011. Regardless of any other intangible, his inaccuracy and inconsistency can't be overcome.

Last year, Jim Kelly talked about how a quarterback has to hit the plays when they are there...that there are moments when it's all on the QB to get it done. We've witnessed a devastating stretch where Fitz can't deliver on Kelly's observations. He over- & underthrows in maddening fashion when the play is there to be had.

How can he be looked at in any way other than a stop-gap given this year and last year as evidence?

I think this pretty much sums up my opinion as well. Like most illogical fans I wanted him to work but he has been atrocious in the past 5 weeks. The Redskins game was a blip on a downward spiral. The inability to get it done against the Bengals, The bad INTs againts the Giants, Missing Johnson against the Jets. He has crumbled under the pressure. It really is disappointing!!

ive been saying all along fitz isnt the problem

after today im starting to wonder maybe he is

just brutally bad. at this stage in his maturation he shouldnt be that bad no matter what the team around you looks like. the receivers did their usual dropping of too many catchable balls, but on too many throws fitz was just awful

i cant believe im saying this but if he doesnt turn it around in a serious way the last three games i think they have to consider taking the out clause they built into that contract and cut him prior to next season. theres no way you should pay him even middle of the road starting qb money if he cant play much much better than hes shown since signing his extension. i dont care if you have ugandan midgets and herbert the pedophile with a walker on family guy playing wr, you have to play better than fitz has recently. three out of the last five games have been terrible, with today being one of the worst games ive ever seen any qb play. just thoroughly unacceptable

Fitz CANT throw the long ball - week after week he is missing OPEN receivers - most of the time by throwing an awful deep ball. That ball he threw to Hagan was horribly under thrown. Hagan had his man beat by nearly 5 yards but had to wait for the fitzfloater. That gave the DB time to get into position and make a play on the ball. Who's fault is it that he can't hit wide open guys with a deep ball? Let me guess - the hurricane force wind in SD held up the ball right? Fitz is proving week after week why he has been nothing but a backup QB in this league until he came here.

He reminds me of Todd Collins, Losman, Trent Edwards, Rob Johnson and all the other Buffalo QB's that will wind up on the trash heap of substandard QB's. He reminds me of all those other guys that people "Bill-ieved" in when, in their hearts, they knew he was not for real.

+

The Bills will spend draft pick after draft pick on DBs, running backs and what have you, however won't take a 1st round

QB. ? :unsure:

I find this very odd.

Man.... Spent the first 6 weeks getting killed because I was a hater and now I'm one of his defenders. Rough crowds around here. I think I said it two years ago - a team of this talent he can't lead to a ton of wins. A great team he can go to the playoffs but probably not a SB winner. He's good for now but not the guy for the next decade. He can hold down the fort without stunting the growth of those around him, until we find a guy that elevates the team ala one of the top 6-8 guys. He's middle of the pack.

Jamarcus Russell. Both sign huge contracts and then stink it up. Not sure if Fitz is slacking, or his lack of arm strength is catching up w/ him as the season goes on. Either way, he is not an NFL starter. We need to draft a QB with our 1st round pick. One of the big 3 should be available.

+

The Bills will spend draft pick after draft pick on DBs, running backs and what have you, however won't take a 1st round

QB. ? :unsure:

I find this very odd.

WTF you talking about? They drafted JP Loserman in the first round back in 2004. Had they saved their number one pick instead of trading it to Dallas for Lostman in 2004, they could have drafted Aaron Rogers in 2005. Another huge gafe by this pathetic FO - what the hell did Loserman ever show to be picked in the first round?

WTF you talking about? They drafted JP Loserman in the first round back in 2004. Had they saved their number one pick instead of trading it to Dallas for Lostman in 2004, they could have drafted Aaron Rogers in 2005. Another huge gafe by this pathetic FO - what the hell did Loserman ever show to be picked in the first round?

Did you ever watch him in college? That's where the answer lies. He was in the second tier late first round group you see every year.

Did you ever watch him in college? That's where the answer lies. He was in the second tier late first round group you see every year.

He was the 4th qb taken that year - He never should have been a number one pick and certainly not worth trading back into the first round to get.

1323655334[/url]' post='2333535']

Is he THE problem? No. There is no ONE problem. There are many. He's a big problem. People around here are finally starting to wake the funk up. We need a new qb. A good one.

He reminds me of Todd Collins, Losman, Trent Edwards, Rob Johnson and all the other Buffalo QB's that will wind up on the trash heap of substandard QB's. He reminds me of all those other guys that people "Bill-ieved" in when, in their hearts, they knew he was not for real.

AMEN