Who does Fitzpatrick remind you of?

poo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Hasselbeck play against the Saints and his manner and size remind me of Fitzpatrick. Anyone else have an opinion on Who does Fitzpatrick look like?

Oddly enough he reminds me of Phillip Rivers. When all of Rivers' WR and TE Gates were hurt he looked bad. The chargers lost 5 or so in a row. Rivers was throwing interceptions and people were questioning whether he was a good QB or not. I can't help but see the parallels in that regard. Fitz looked like a probowler to start the season until his #2, #3, #4 and #5 WRs went on IR or were traded away. Let's not even mention the difference between our o-line and San Diego.

Where are all of the "we have a really good o-line" guys now? Pathetic. Harriston and whatever bum they were spelling him with were turn styles. Fitz was under pressure for most of the day and half the time there was supposed to be a hole to run through the RB was getting tackled while he was taking the hand off. I don't know what some people think with the crap he has to work with right now. His WR core is Stevie Johnson who is great at getting open and making catches but can't out run anybody. Brad Smith who is an option QB and David Nelson who I like but was #6 on the depth chart but was forced into playing duty.

The Amish make nice furniture but they can't spin flax into gold and they can't polish turds into diamonds.

Edited by PDaDdy

Oddly enough he reminds me of Phillip Rivers. When all of Rivers' WR and TE Gates were hurt he looked bad. The chargers lost 5 or so in a row. Rivers was throwing interceptions and people were questioning whether he was a good QB or not. I can't help but see the parallels in that regard. Fitz looked like a probowler to start the season until his #2, #3, #4 and #5 WRs went on IR or were traded away. Let's not even mention the difference between our o-line and San Diego.

Where are all of the "we have a really good o-line" guys now? Pathetic. Harriston and whatever bum they were spelling him with were turn styles. Fitz was under pressure for most of the day and half the time there was supposed to be a hole to run through the RB was getting tackled while he was taking the hand off. I don't know what some people think with the crap he has to work with right now. His WR core is Stevie Johnson who is great at getting open and making catches but can't out run anybody. Brad Smith who is an option QB and David Nelson who I like but was #6 on the depth chart but was forced into playing duty.

The Amish make nice furniture but they can't spin flax into gold and they can't polish turds into diamonds.

?

Rivers has a lifetime QB rating of 95.6 and when he has been the starting QB, his teams have gone 61-32. Fitzpatrick's is 75.4, and his teams have gone 17-30-1.

?

Rivers has a lifetime QB rating of 95.6 and when he has been the starting QB, his teams have gone 61-32. Fitzpatrick's is 75.4, and his teams have gone 17-30-1.

I thought we were asking what QB he looked like not how successful the teams they are on were? I know you watch enough football and understand that the QB is one guy on a team. Sand Diego has been a much better TEAM than the bills.

Obviously they are 2 different QBs but I was considering the parallel watching the game yesterday. Rivers was getting beat up in the press and was tossing INTs all over the place. Funny things was he didn't have anyone to throw the ball to. Now his guys are healthy again and wonders of wonders he looks like a good QB again. I then look at Fitz and all of his fair weather fans who are ready to rip up his contract and run him out of town for the same reason. Seriously. Look at the junk he has to throw with. #1 SJ, #6 David Nelson and Option QB Brad Smith? What QB wouldn't be struggling with those targets. Let's not forget he has to get rid of the ball in 2 seconds on top of that.

Well done and accurate. Neither can throw the deep ball. Difference is Deberg "managed" the game while Fitz is a gunslinger. Amazes me that every third and short Chan dials up the long ball that is a low percentage throw for Fitz.

Bill Walsh: "He's just good enough to get you beat."

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DebeSt00.htm