Star Wars: The Old Republic

/dev/null

When it comes to gaming, I'm not even an amature...I'm pre-amature (that's what she said!) (wait, what? :bag: )

Well, i guess that's a bit harsh. Consoles are good for what they're good for: shooters, drivers, sports games. Computers own on strategy and RPGs which is what I mainly play.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I understand people making fun of this topic for being nerds. But you really don't have much ground to stand on. What else is there to do in Alaska besides jump in a helicopter and hunt caribou with an RPG?

Well, OK that does sound pretty cool. But else is there to do in Alaska? Yeah, didn't think so

Fixing your igloo. Taking the snowmobile to the bar.

Well, i guess that's a bit harsh. Consoles are good for what they're good for: shooters, drivers, sports games. Computers own on strategy and RPGs which is what I mainly play.

I actually wish I could get into those....I know WoW was like some huge phenomenon...but I just suck at stuff like that. I could rock out on the atari 2600, but ever since the controllers ended up with like twenty different buttons, triggers, sticks, and whatever else I can't seem to get it together. But I'd love to get into something like this star wars game, I just know I'd have no patience for it

If anybody pre-ordered the game, check your email. There's a link to download the client installer so you can have it installed and patched in time for launch.

Invitations for early play (13th-19th) will also be sent out based on when pre-order keys were redeemed

I actually wish I could get into those....I know WoW was like some huge phenomenon...but I just suck at stuff like that. I could rock out on the atari 2600, but ever since the controllers ended up with like twenty different buttons, triggers, sticks, and whatever else I can't seem to get it together. But I'd love to get into something like this star wars game, I just know I'd have no patience for it

When i started on WoW, it was incredibly frustrating. But like anything else once ya get used to it, it's gotten a lot easier.

Not good for shooters at all. Targeting is dumb ed down for console controllers. PC mouse/keyboard combo much more natural direct control. I do agree console controllers are very nice for sports and racing games.

I can't WAIT for SWTOR! Been waiting for this game for 3 years.

Bioware, however, knew that, and announced that the game was going to launch on December 20th, and that early access starts 5 days earlier, on December 15th. Well, I'm getting married on December 17th.

Now, they decided to screw me even harder. Not only did they move early access up to December 13th, the exact day I leave for the wedding, they called Southwest, found out my flight takes off at 6AM, and just to !@#$ me, decided to start early access at that exact time.

Bastards!

In all seriousness, the second I get back on the 20th, I'm starting a Sith Assassin and my newlywed wife will be starting an Imperial Agent!

In all seriousness, the second I get back on the 20th, I'm starting a Sith Assassin and my newlywed wife will be starting an Imperial Agent!

:blink:

Even I stepped away from the computer and got laid after my wedding. You are never, ever, EVER permitted to mock me again.

You know, I understand people making fun of this topic for being nerds. But you really don't have much ground to stand on. What else is there to do in Alaska besides jump in a helicopter and hunt caribou with an RPG?

Well, OK that does sound pretty cool. But else is there to do in Alaska? Yeah, didn't think so

Sit on the front porch and watch Russia.

Don't feel bad AJ, I used to be a Madden addict...would play one game a day, nearly every day, for years...then when I upgraded to PS3, just to play Madden, I couldn't stand it...I am sure it is cool, but I just don't have the time, or mental wherewithal (sp?) to learn how to play the game, all over again...my PS3 is, essentially, an expensive Blu-ray player...but I am okay with it...if I ever get the Madden itch, I will just pull out my PS2 (you can't give them away) and play Madden 2009)...I have Madden 2012, and played, exactly a qurter of a game, before losing interest. I only opened it to feign excitement!

Don't feel bad AJ, I used to be a Madden addict...would play one game a day, nearly every day, for years...then when I upgraded to PS3, just to play Madden, I couldn't stand it...I am sure it is cool, but I just don't have the time, or mental wherewithal (sp?) to learn how to play the game, all over again...my PS3 is, essentially, an expensive Blu-ray player...but I am okay with it...if I ever get the Madden itch, I will just pull out my PS2 (you can't give them away) and play Madden 2009)...I have Madden 2012, and played, exactly a qurter of a game, before losing interest. I only opened it to feign excitement!

Yep, my xbox360 has pretty much been relegated to a Netflix streaming device. I did play a lot of GTA IV, and pretty much got hooked on that, but then my interest faded away again. I picked up Red Dead Redemption and played it a few times, and it was very impressive, but lost interest. Same with Tiger Woods Golf.

I think I'll end up grabbing GTA V when it comes out next year, but I doubt it will rekindle my interest in gaming in general.

I do enjoy watching others play from time to time, though. Sometimes I'll go into a gaming room on Justin.tv to watch someone playing a newer game, just because I'm really amazed at how sophisticated games have become.

Bioware, however, knew that, and announced that the game was going to launch on December 20th, and that early access starts 5 days earlier, on December 15th. Well, I'm getting married on December 17th.

Hmmm...maybe my invite got lost in the mail? :P

Seriously, Blue, congrats. I hope either you or C wins our FF league...would be a nice wedding gift, no? I guess

Is it going to cause troubles, later down the road if she kicks your ass at this Star Wars game, as she does at FF? :lol:

I just hope someone beats the first seed kid...the one with the horribly offensive team name.

Hmmm...maybe my invite got lost in the mail? :P

Seriously, Blue, congrats. I hope either you or C wins our FF league...would be a nice wedding gift, no? I guess

Is it going to cause troubles, later down the road if she kicks your ass at this Star Wars game, as she does at FF? :lol:

I just hope someone beats the first seed kid...the one with the horribly offensive team name.

:lol: Thanks bud! We're doing the wedding in Vegas, so we have limited space. Would have included you for sure if it was local!

and lol @ fantasy football. I have a work league where we do PPR, and I kick her ass in that one. For some reason Austin seems to like her over me...

:lol: Thanks bud! We're doing the wedding in Vegas, so we have limited space. Would have included you for sure if it was local!

and lol @ fantasy football. I have a work league where we do PPR, and I kick her ass in that one. For some reason Austin seems to like her over me...

Seriously, congrats! She is a great girl!

So, it looks like the two of you play against eachother in the playoffs this weekned? Wow, that is a rough way to start things off! I suppose, as long as one of you wins the whole thing...good luck, give my best to Mrs. W too! :thumbsup: