Marcell Dareus

Frez

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dareus has been playing well. He will be fixture on the line for years. Dareus isn't the reason for the teams defensive differences. Its a combination of lack of personnel and a terrible scheme. Get a new DC, Get KW back healthy, and bring in a ton of new players along the front 7 via the draft and free agency.

If we can go into next season with Dareus, KW, Barnett, and Sheppard as the core of the front 7 and help them out with another D-lineman and some OLB's and for Pete's sake some depth all across the board. The secondary needs a change in scheme and another CB would help.

Dwan Edwards also makes an appearance.

Yes he is! Good eye C. B. He comes in 19th which seems to be in darn good company. I was surprised to see him there. He must be doing it quietly.

so now lets consider with Kyle healthy next year and back to nose? And in the next layer we have Barnett (very good) and Sheppard ( gonna be very good ),

if we added one of those outside guys from somewhere soon we might really have a nasty front on Deefense. we already have some depth developing in them now.

I can see that with just two stud additions, one from FA at corner and one Von Miller like pick at olb and or FA, we will have enough talent to become very good indeed.

With just that. Excepting George and Wannstadt's schemes and play calling we should have plenty of talent next year. yeh i know! next year.

Well, as long as we are whipping the dogs on this team it brings me to ask all Buffalo Bills fans an honest question. Has Marcell Dareus lived up to your expectations this year? I will answer it with a NO. I sure expected him to be way more dominate on the D line for us. He showed some flashes in a game or two and that's been about it. I thought he was going to be that run stopper up the middle for us and I just haven't seen it yet. Our defense seems like it's worse than years past. WTF!

Flame away! :devil:

Yes he has it and no he is not a NT, next year with a year under his belt we will be singing his praises.

Aside from the problem of "being more dominate," Dareus is doing everything asked. He occupies two blockers all the time - unfortunately it's clowns to the right of him, jokers to the left, so it doesn't make much difference. It doesn't mean he's not a difference-maker. With no Kyle Williams, no Merriman, nobody at OLB period, it's a joke what we're trotting out there.

To suggest otherwise is to suggest you're not watching the games, that you have an axe to grind, that you are one who sees the doom in everything, or worse.

Actually if YOU'VE been watching the games you would see that Dareus isn't being double teamed every play at all, particularly since Washington. Go watch the Miami or both Jets games and count the snaps. My son noticed it first and we started keeping track. Heck he's not even a starter on our team lately which baffles me.

I love the pick, glad he's a Bill and agree that he misses KW, but don't slam other posters until u hit the DVR beforehand. Big 99 isn't playing close to the way he was in the early season.

He'll be a monster next year.

Yes you can, when what you're comapring is their respective values, at their respective positions, in a 12 game span.

And you may have missed the point that I was making...that being that people gave up on CJ and characterized him as a "bust" halfway into the season last year. If it's not fair for one, then it's not fair for the other.

I'm not arguing your point in this respect. I'm confused as to why you think that CJ deserved different treatment. Is it because he is a RB and that is *theoretically* an easier position in the NFL to transition into? So we don't look at each person individually and their [respective] amount of NFL experience?

Hmmmm. Ok.

Either way you wanna slice it, Dareus was *probably* the best pick (long term) but he hasn't improved the defense appreciably and we're still losing games. With Green, we would have won more games immediately (with competent offensive output) and the defense would have remained bad.

So there ya go.

We did win more games immediately(5-2 this season vs 0-7 last season) without Green and the D was much better with Dareus. IMO injuries derailed this team. All that means is that we are not deep enough yet. You guys are amazing ith this hindsight stuff. :wallbash:

So there ya go.