Nationals (Expos), Pirates, Royals, Blue Jays, Orioles

We've had a longer drought than the Los Angeles Clippers? That's sad.

Then again, you can have a record of 10 games below .500 and still get in the playoffs in the NBA.

Agree Vadar, that is why the NBA and NHL were predictably ahead. I just had to check to be sure.

FYI, Florida Panthers came darn close (1999-2000).

Yeah, and those are all baseball teams.

In our sport, with revenue sharing and a salary cap, it's inexcusable to go that long.

First, absolutely true.

Second, it would not be a proper response to one of your posts if I don't remind you of the mayhem and genocide you committed...all in the name of peace.

I hate being "that guy" but I believe you've come to expect it from me.

:lol:

:thumbsup:

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

...are the only 5 franchises of all 122 professional sports franchises that have a longer playoff drought than the Bills.

I was bored.

Things that make you go "hmmm."

...and, well yes we are currently tied with the Lions.

The Houston Texans have never been to the playoffs although they will be this year. The Winnipeg Jets haven't made it in a loooooooong time either.

The Houston Texans have never been to the playoffs although they will be this year. The Winnipeg Jets haven't made it in a loooooooong time either.

I'm sorry, crayonz, I mentioned it in another thread but forgot to mention it here that I thought the Texans were going to make the playoffs this year.

Also, the Jets made the playoffs in Atlanta within the last few years...but I get where you are coming from.

:D

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Yeah, and those are all baseball teams.

In our sport, with revenue sharing and a salary cap, it's inexcusable to go that long.

It has nothing to do with that, baseball lets in half the amount of teams as football does into their playoffs, and they have no salary cap, allowing teams like NY, Boston, Philly (now) to just keep spending and restock the rosters every year in Free Agency

It has nothing to do with that, baseball lets in half the amount of teams as football does into their playoffs, and they have no salary cap, allowing teams like NY, Boston, Philly (now) to just keep spending and restock the rosters every year in Free Agency

...so they can get beat by Detroit, Texas, Stlouis, Chicago White Sox, Maalins, Angels, Diamondbacks....

Not the same. I do agree that its totally pathetic and embarrassing that this franchise hasn't "figured it out" the last 12 years. But the NFL (for now) is a 16 game schedule. The three other major sports have significantly larger schedules. In addition, the MLB payrolls are pretty much determining before games are even played who will be in the playoffs, or should be anyways.

...are the only 5 franchises of all 122 professional sports franchises that have a longer playoff drought than the Bills.

I was bored.

Things that make you go "hmmm."

...and, well yes we are currently tied with the Lions.

If "hmmm"s now defined as the discharge of your stomach contents through your mouth, then yes.

Edited by madtowntobuffalo

i mentioned the salary cap

A lot of it is location. If the Bills were in either of the West division, there would be no drought. Same thing with the Blue Jays.

well, there ARE 24 NFL teams that don't play in a West division. somehow those other 23 teams have managed.

I'm sorry, crayonz, I mentioned it in another thread but forgot to mention it here that I thought the Texans were going to make the playoffs this year.

Also, the Jets made the playoffs in Atlanta within the last few years...but I get where you are coming from.

:D

I mentioned the Winnipeg Jets, not the New York Jets and they would not play the Falcons until the Super Bowl.