Plax on Stevie

No, he didn't drop two others. That is false. Nelson dropped one that he should have caught, but not Johnson.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/gameflash/2011/11/27/4554/index.html#playbyplay

On the first drive, the ball thrown to Johnson was knocked away by Revis. It was not a drop. On the Bills' second last drive, he did catch a deep throw out of bounds (in spectacular fashion, actually) against Revis despite perfect coverage and the fact that Revis tipped the ball as it arrived.

Come on now Dave, you should know by now people here are never wrong no matter what articles or stats might say. Like the people that tell me if the Jets had lost, Burress would have been singing a different tune. I for one am not convinced with that as Burress sat in prison for 20 months and had plenty of time to reflect over his life and may possibly have changed the way he goes about certain things now. He has admitted to not taking anything for granted anymore, and has a stronger understanding of his faith. He may have said the exact same thing if the Bills won. But apparently many people already know that he would have had a different attitude had the Jets lost. :rolleyes:

Edited by Rayzer32

Can't argue with what Burress said.

GTFO with the 'karma'. Bills fans of all people should know karma at least in sports, does not exist. NE, Dallas & Pittsburgh have won multiple SB's. Buffalo & Cleveland have none. Seem fair?

Karma is not about fair. Karma does not do fair.

Oh yeah....something this team hasn't done over the past 10 years. You can't tell me your surprised by the outcome they way this team has played the past decade can you?

I don't know about you, but I'm watching the games this season, with the players we have on the field right now.

It's all for naught if you don't catch the freakin' football when it hits you in the hands in full stride. You don't get any points for being open.

I guess it depends on what the definiton of the word "drop" is. They looked like drops to me. If nothing else, they were catches a starting WR in the NFL on a team in the playoff hunt needs to make, including the one in the EZ on 2nd down.

The one on second down? That was a good two yards behind him!! No one in the NFL could have made that catch!!

Funny how one drop becomes three. Must be magic.

I think the "three" thing was a competitive jibe from Plax, saying "I would have had one of those two in the endzone" - like "OK Kid, you had your fun, but the game here is football, and which of us did more to help our team win today?"

Given his amazing one-handed grab, I can't say he'd be wrong.

Except that is factually false and the Giants offense was no worse thereafter, as football outsiders has documented ad nauseum.

Yup, the 11-1 Giants coincidentally lost three of their final four games following Burress' suspension in 2008 and then got booted by the Eagles (at home) in the Divisional Playoffs.

No connection, right?

Your "football outsiders" are just that; outsiders.

It either hit him in the hands or was no more than 6 inches away.

Did you watch the game? I replayed that 3 or 4 times. It was way behind and uncatchable -- no way, no how. He had run past where the ball ended up. Humans can't turn around on a dime like that.

Edited by dave mcbride

I thought Stevie threw his QB under the bus in his interview. Where does respect for your teammates come in your book?

I watched it and it kindof sounded that way to me too. He also said what sounded like an out and out lie that he didn't plan it. Pretending to shoot yourself in the leg and then imitating several other Jets as well is not something that came out at the spur of the moment. I don't believe that for a second.

I saw on ESPN that the league is very unhappy that he simulated a jet crash in NYC.

"I've seen worse and I've heard worse," Burress said. "It doesn't bother me at all. The result I'm looking at is that we won the football game and he turned around and dropped three wide open balls to lose the game for his team. If I was a player that's how I would evaluate myself."

And that, fellow sports fans, is the final word. Ouch - and deservedly so.

Karma's a beeoytch, Steve.

Stevie is an unusual and highly effective player but he just can't take the pressure he puts on himself by pulling these stunts.

I don't think it's a coincidence that he choked in the Steelers game last year after drawing a large amount of national media attention the week before in Cinci with the "Why So Serious" celebration. It wasn't just the dropped game-winner, he had several drops that day.

His attention starved ego is writing checks that his maxed-out swagger can't cash. Sorry Stevie, but you just ain't got it like that.

I'm OK with players celebrating and even rubbing it in a little if it doesn't affect their play thereafter, but in Stevie's case, rather than continuing to cost his team victories at the expense of drawing attention to himself he should just play it cool and keep his focus and let his numbers do the talking.

Yup, the 11-1 Giants coincidentally lost three of their final four games following Burress' suspension in 2008 and then got booted by the Eagles (at home) in the Divisional Playoffs.

No connection, right?

Your "football outsiders" are just that; outsiders.

Oh, I didn't realize the Eagles game was at home. Homefield is so crucial in that series that the visiting team has a winning record the last umpteen years. The last game of the year @Minnesota (a playoff team) they didn't try and lost by a point and the reason they didn't try was because they beat the #2 seeded Panthers in a shootout the week before.

But why would anyone trust a site respected for empirical data over some guy trying to make a point on the internet.

Edited by BuffOrange

It either hit him in the hands or was no more than 6 inches away.

6 inches???? :doh: Either you were smoking some real good crack yesterday or you watched the game on a 13 inch black and white TV. That ball wasn't anywhere near him or catch-able. It was at least two feet from him.

"I've seen worse and I've heard worse," Burress said. "It doesn't bother me at all. The result I'm looking at is that we won the football game and he turned around and dropped three wide open balls to lose the game for his team. If I was a player that's how I would evaluate myself."

And that, fellow sports fans, is the final word. Ouch - and deservedly so.

Karma's a beeoytch, Steve.

I guess I'm sick, but I think Stevie's celebration is one of the funniest I've seen. If his little stunt bothered ya, definitely don't watch Dave Chappelle!

Chappelle

nah....just hate bashing people....if I cared about only wins and losses I would have stopped being a bills fan along time ago.....effort and playing with passion ranks high in my book

Exactly right I love seeing players that truly like playing for our Bills and play with passion and emotion. I love Stevie Johnson and your also right that a 15 yard penalty on kickoff shouldn't be a big deal if gailey didn't call for a squib kick and rayner knew how to execute it, it would of been no big deal.

And more...

Burress tweeted later Sunday night that he had talked to Johnson and added, "Its all love."

If Burress has absolutely no problem with this, why do so many Bills fans??? Get over it already!

Because Burress won and Bills fans lost?