A little food for thought on this heartbreaker

JerseyBills

Okay so, I was the one on here who got blasted for predicting a Bills win and putting a nice chunk of change on an +8.5 line that went up to 10.5. (couple pages back, just saying!) Lets remember , 95.9% of you guys said we had no possibility of competing in this game, but that's old news.

I'll say another thing, this team has some real blocks to build on, both defensively and offensively, lets not forget that we dominated this game, we controlled the clock, set the tempo, and did our damn thing with 7 starters out! I keep hearing we have ZERO depth, but how can we explain competing with a healthy Jets team, with 13 guys on I.R?

I understand the frustration and anger, and the lost promise of this season. I feel that pain, believe me, but if you cant see a difference in this Bills team under this regime compared to regimes over the last decade, your blind. I have a renewed faith in Gailey and like I been saying, Fitz's BIGGEST problem is CONSISTENCY, period. The guy made some big league throws today, and if he can just balance out a little bit, I see playoffs for the next few years, and I haven't made that statement in a good 7 years.

This team wants to !@#$ing win fellas, I have a connection and have met alot of them , and that vibe is all over their faces, its all about wins, and I dont remember when a Buffalo team had a vibe like that. That alone makes me feel great about the future of this team.

One more thing, a first for me, I live in the North Jersey area and for the first time in my life, I got told by numerous Jets fans that they respect the Bills and think they will be trouble for years to come. The comments I got were shocking, they felt like we dominated them as well. I'm a lil tipsy, but that game was a damn heartbreaker, I cannot even watch that drop by Stevie on the 20 yard line, who cares or knows if he would have scored, thats irrelevant, bottom line, 1st, 2nd,3rd,4th WR on any NFL team has to make that catch, it was perfect and just watching that replay a few times, I got sick to my stomach, and as far as the TD dance, i'll be 100% honest, I loved it, at the time, and it got me and my other friend real loud at the bar, but I hated what it did for our team.

Just some food for thought

Oh and Aaron Williams is a PLAYER!!!

The reality is we haven't competed in a game in over a month and our QB and others stepped up. We have gone 2-6 since our awesome 3-0 start. We have once again found another way to lose, we are getting no consistent pass rush, we are giving up too many rushing yards, leaving receivers wide open, our right tackle was owned by Aaron Maybin, our guys continue to lead NFL in injuries and players sent to IR.

Getting compliments from opposition is pointless. The objective is to physically dominate your opponent. The Jets still own the line they win the physical battle upfront on both sides of the ball. Pouha is killing us, Mangold & Co plowed the way for 138 rushing yards. Until we can shut down Jets run and run on them we will continue to lose.

The only way we will get respect is by physically imposing our will, being clutch, running up the score on inferior opponents, and being feared by the rest of the NFL.

I understand the frustration and anger, and the lost promise of this season. I feel that pain, believe me, but if you cant see a difference in this Bills team under this regime compared to regimes over the last decade, your blind. I have a renewed faith in Gailey and like I been saying, Fitz's BIGGEST problem is CONSISTENCY, period. The guy made some big league throws today, and if he can just balance out a little bit, I see playoffs for the next few years, and I haven't made that statement in a good 7 years.

Until we have a defense, we will not be able to win consistently.

Fitz has the capability to be a quality QB in the NFL and win games.

He is not a Brady, a Brees, or a Peyton Manning who can carry the whole team.

We need a defense. Not a world-beating all-star top-of-the-league defense, just quiet, middle-of-the-pack defensive competence.

We are more than a few pieces away on defense. We need a pass rushing end, minimum of two quality linebackers, probably 3 and our young DB backs are unproven at this this point. McGee is old and McKelvin is a bust so we need to fill those spots in the coming years.

Our defense isn't just bad it is awful. The worst defense I have seen in 11 years of the Bills losing stretch.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Okay so, I was the one on here who got blasted for predicting a Bills win and putting a nice chunk of change on an +8.5 line that went up to 10.5. (couple pages back, just saying!) Lets remember , 95.9% of you guys said we had no possibility of competing in this game, but that's old news.

I'll say another thing, this team has some real blocks to build on, both defensively and offensively, lets not forget that we dominated this game, we controlled the clock, set the tempo, and did our damn thing with 7 starters out! I keep hearing we have ZERO depth, but how can we explain competing with a healthy Jets team, with 13 guys on I.R?

This team wants to !@#$ing win fellas, I have a connection and have met alot of them , and that vibe is all over their faces, its all about wins, and I dont remember when a Buffalo team had a vibe like that. That alone makes me feel great about the future of this team.

One more thing, a first for me, I live in the North Jersey area and for the first time in my life, I got told by numerous Jets fans that they respect the Bills and think they will be trouble for years to come. The comments I got were shocking, they felt like we dominated them as well. I'm a lil tipsy, but that game was a damn heartbreaker, I cannot even watch that drop by Stevie on the 20 yard line, who cares or knows if he would have scored, thats irrelevant, bottom line, 1st, 2nd,3rd,4th WR on any NFL team has to make that catch, it was perfect and just watching that replay a few times, I got sick to my stomach, and as far as the TD dance, i'll be 100% honest, I loved it, at the time, and it got me and my other friend real loud at the bar, but I hated what it did for our team.

They #@$#%@% want to win, THEY JUST CANT! Must be hard?

We are more than a few pieces away on defense. We need a pass rushing end, minimum of two quality linebackers, probably 3 and our young DB backs are unproven at this this point. McGee is old and McKelvin is a bust so we need to fill those spots in the coming years.

Our defense isn't just bad it is awful. The worst defense I have seen in 11 years of the Bills losing stretch.

Thats for sure. When the Jets got the ball with 6 minutes just after the field goal. Didn't you just kind of know they were going to march down for a TD?

The reality is we haven't competed in a game in over a month and our QB and others stepped up. We have gone 2-6 since our awesome 3-0 start. We have once again found another way to lose, we are getting no consistent pass rush, we are giving up too many rushing yards, leaving receivers wide open, our right tackle was owned by Aaron Maybin, our guys continue to lead NFL in injuries and players sent to IR.

Getting compliments from opposition is pointless. The objective is to physically dominate your opponent. The Jets still own the line they win the physical battle upfront on both sides of the ball. Pouha is killing us, Mangold & Co plowed the way for 138 rushing yards. Until we can shut down Jets run and run on them we will continue to lose.

The only way we will get respect is by physically imposing our will, being clutch, running up the score on inferior opponents, and being feared by the rest of the NFL.

So lets see here, we ran 12 more offensive plays than the Jets, I believe we had 10 minutes more T.O.P than the Jets,we gained more yards than the Jets, and frankly we were a circus catch, a muffed kickoff that happens maybe once every 3 seasons, and a perfect pass to our wide open no. 1 receiver from beating a Jets team that had 3 extra days to prepare for us, had almost everyone healthy on their original roster and your gonna tell me they dominated us?!?!?!? Your gonna tell me we are that many pieces from beating them?!?

See this is the biggest thing i'm noticing and liking about this team, in 3 of our 6 losses, the other team didn't beat us, we beat ourselves!!! Now I understand good teams find ways to win, but this is a very very competitive team with many young players, and thats the main reason why I feel by next year we will turn the ship around fully and keep going up from there.

Pass rush is by far our biggest need, how can you really , truly judge a secondary when your team gets no pressure, and I'm extremely confident our F.O understands this and will fix the problem, I think get us 2 quality OLB and we can win the AFC East for years to come, you heard it hear first

You're preaching to the choir at this point. The bandwagoners left after the home Jests game. The fair-weathers left after the Dallas game. The veteran fans who know when to emotionally detach from a sinking season left after the Miami game. And the dreamers all went home on Sunday. The only ones left are the die hards and the pissed off.

You're preaching to the choir at this point. The bandwagoners left after the home Jests game. The fair-weathers left after the Dallas game. The veteran fans who know when to emotionally detach from a sinking season left after the Miami game. And the dreamers all went home on Sunday. The only ones left are the die hards and the pissed off.

Haha, well very well put. I'm def a die hard and i'm def pissed off as the next man, but my overall point is we are 1 year away from getting to the playoffs, and i'd bet the farm on that, so as disappointed I have been the last month, just knowing that makes me happy and proud to be a bills fan

Totally agree. That's why I advocate drafting LB, LB, LB. Build at least one dominant unit to start controlling some shtt.

Edited by maddenboy

Thats for sure. When the Jets got the ball with 6 minutes just after the field goal. Didn't you just kind of know they were going to march down for a TD?

Absolutely. I had seen the movie before. I told my son that when Buffalo kicked the field goal, the Jets would come back and score a touchdown with a little over a minute left and the Bills would almost make it, but not quite. Exactly what happened. Pretty pathetic.

I second that...

Different year, same old story. Despite glaring weaknesses, Bills start the season by winning some games and becoming media darlings, then injuries start mounting, lack of depth becomes blatantly obvious, smoke and mirrors are exposed and the same old "team shows promise - just a few more pieces - if not for the injuries - just wait until next year" starts all over again.

In the words of the immortal Yogi Berra, "I'll believe it when I believe it."

Oh, and Stevie Johnson need to start concentrating on catching passes that hit him right in the hands before he ends up as another ex NFL player with "potential" who is selling used cars or life insurance.

Edited by DrFishfinder

Absolutely. I had seen the movie before. I told my son that when Buffalo kicked the field goal, the Jets would come back and score a touchdown with a little over a minute left and the Bills would almost make it, but not quite. Exactly what happened. Pretty pathetic.

Can you say "Groundhog"?

+1

The end zone dance didn't cost the team anything. That whiffed kickoff certainly did tho!

More like a television rerun...