Merry Christmas Eve to everyone....

ICE

first off this is me. It isn't the jackass imitation me that was here for a post or two. Kudos to the Admins for taking care of that issue.

8-6. Amazing huh? It's fun to have finally won 8 games. And maybe 9 or 10 for the first time in 4 years. There are great things and concerns as well at this point.

first the Defense. Overall Damn good :P I still have some concerns it isn't as good as it looks though. Dillon and Rudy J both racked up yards on us. Obviously there is something going on some where. Again BOTH ran right up the middle like Miami did in game 1 against us. And yes it should raise concern. Pass defense though is damn good. Esp with Vincent back at FS.

Offense. Sorry folks I am greatly concerned. Willis hurt AGAIN? I am going to draw fire and so be it for this comment...We STILL don't have our starter at RB. that is my position on this. BOTH Backs cannot stay healty. Both backs are problematic in their own right. WM cannot hit the hole quick enough and TH hits it too quick...go figure. WM dancing around at the LOS got him nailed too often against Cinci. Now some will say 'But ICE he was hit in the BF, it is the OL's fault' I say well....it was also the OL that has allowed the man to put up his numbers so which is it? Personally I say both. sometimes the OL does have an issue, but it isn't their fault...here is why....

Drew Bledsoe. (Oh come on...you knew it was coming right? :lol: )

He isn't the answer. He scares no one in this league. That is why we are still seeing 8 man fronts. Stop the RB and you beat the Bills....Unless the ST's and D forces turnovers for scores :huh:

That is something we can not count on week in and week out. This has been a special season where both have played out of their heads. This is the exception, not the norm. I know some will argue, but look at football history. No ST has been able to year in, year out put up 5+ TD's, blocking kicks, punts, returns inside the oppositions 40 on a constant basis etc. You can expect 1/2 of what they have done this season from here on out. And you know what? That will STILL make them the best ST unit in the league :lol:

This offense MUST start showing it can run 80 yard drives and do so damn quick or we are in trouble.

Back to drew, God Bless him and I mean that. The guy is total class, but I just don't see it getting done with him. Look we all talked about this offseason how you don't need a Stud QB anymore. You need a LEADER who makes SMART decisions, doesn't throw picks (cough cough) and doesn't lose games for you (cough cough). Drew has NEVER in his history had a short to medium game. He still (even with no pressure and a good pocket) Under, over throws and throws behind WR's. He has no touch on the ball as well. He still does a 'duck and cover' when any pressure is around. He has never been a 'get in your ass' leader like Kelly etal. So I still feel it isn't going to happen with him.

Honestly all in all, I am flying my Bills flag like all of you off of my front porch. I still hit the sports bar like most of you do on Sundays and I still scream like a girl with TKO takes one to the house. I am damn happy we have turned it around. But in all honesty, we are still a couple moves away from making it happen. the good news? We are ONLY a couple of good moves away!!!

Lastly, playoffs. We need Balt, Jags and Denver to go breasts up. We do and I feel Pitt rests it's starters, we go 10-6....and face Payton Manning at Indy (Oh christ :angry: ) I don't think we have enough offense to score with them, so we will drop a close one at Indy. Hey, who cares? We made the friggin playoffs right? So here is to hoping for us winning out, Others losing and TD making the right decisions this offseason.

God Bless and Merry Christmas. Go Bills!

ICE

happy holidays to you too.

Nice comment about Drew. He is class guy... no question about it, he grades over the top there. But "class" doesn't produce 1st downs, completions, and TD, and, most of all... WINS. The Bills staff knows that and 31 other NFL teams know it. But for some reason, a lot of Bills fans don't see it.

This season still hangs in the balance... even if the Bills win out, their season could be over. And if that's the way it ends up... so be it. At least they fought the good fight and have momentum and a lot of other things going for them as they come to camp next season... just hope the injury bug doesn't jump out at them.

Lastly... the Pittsburgh game (unless the Bills make the playoffs) will be Drew's last game as the Bills starter (and let's hope he plays like it)... unless injury hits JP... the job is his... the Bills gain nothing by continuing to start Bledsoe and in this league, and life too, if you aren't gaining ground and moving forward, you're losing ground and moving in reverse.

Merry Christmas to all.

Happiest of Holidays, ICE.

Every running back in the league gets hurt, misses time, gets losses, etc. Just about every single one. The ones that don't, it's more luck than talent. Willis is not only fine but he's going to be great. He doesn't hit the holes hard because that is the way he runs, he looks for holes. The issue is that you need two good running backs. Look at the teams with the best records in the league. Pitt would be dead without their back-up. NE lost to Pitt because they had no back-up. SD is shot without Thomlinson. Indy, despite their pass game, is likely shot without their #1 RB. They all get hurt.

I don't know what games you were watching but against Cinci, the only yardage we got was passing. Offensively, we beat the Rams by passing first. The game was over in Seattle by passing before Wllis ever got off the ground. The games we rolled up rushing yards were games that most of the yards came in the fourth quarter. We havent lost a game yet where teams stacked 8 in the box to stop Willis or the run and we could not beat them with the pass. Against NE, the last crappy game, we couldn't do either, at all. You cannot say it was because we couldn't pass. Name me the game in the last 10 where Bledsoe couldn't pass and we lost the game because of that?

We are on this streak because of all three phases of the game have gotten better. The special teams are awesome. the two things the defense couldn't do before (rush the passer and create turnovers) are coming in bunches. The two things the offense couldn't do before (score points and pass block) are coming in bunches. Treasure it, dude.

Thanks.

But I disagree on the Offense. Other than one drive we did nothing against Cinci. That can't happen. We are not always going to get the ball inside the other teams territory.

The Passing game is still more of a liability than a positive.

WM cannot hit the hole quick enough and TH hits it too quick...go figure. WM dancing around at the LOS got him nailed too often against Cinci. Now some will say 'But ICE he was hit in the BF, it is the OL's fault'  I say well....it was also the OL that has allowed the man to put up his numbers so which is it? Personally I say both.  sometimes the OL does have an issue, but it isn't their fault...here is why....

Drew Bledsoe.    (Oh come on...you knew it was coming right?  :lol: )

That is something we can not count on week in and week out. This has been a special season where both have played out of their heads. This is the exception, not the norm.  I know some will argue, but look at football history. No ST has been able to year in, year out put up 5+ TD's, blocking kicks, punts, returns inside the oppositions 40 on a constant basis etc. You can expect 1/2 of what they have done this season from here on out. And you know what? That will STILL make them the best ST unit in the league  :angry:

Drew has NEVER in his history had a short to medium game. He still (even with no pressure and a good pocket) Under, over throws and throws behind WR's. He has no touch on the ball as well. He still does a 'duck and cover' when any pressure is around. He has never been a 'get in your ass' leader like Kelly etal.  So I still feel it isn't going to happen with him.

177046[/snapback]

It is the offensive line. WM gets tackled 5 yards behind the line and your going to blame him or Bledsoe? Do you expect every aspect of the game to be perfect at all times? It just doesn't happen. That same OL that is doing better still has breakdowns. Every line has breakdowns. The goal is to have less but that doesn't mean they will ever have no breakdowns. So place the blame on an individual play where it belongs.

And the same goes for the QB. DB isn't perfect and never was. There are no perfect QB's although Manning this season is close. But this is most likely a career year for Manning. So don't expect Drew to have to win every game for you. In fact, I believe it is when he takes too much on himself that he starts failing. When WM came in and things started to balance out, DB played better.

To say DB never has a short game is selling him short. I seem to remember a lot of games when the Bills played the Pats when DB was there and DB and Coates ripped

the Bills apart. And he wasn't throwing bomgs to Coates.

It's nice to see the Bills win but I think it is fairly safe to say they will have at least one more loss this year. The odds are in my favor here. It is always easier to predict failure than success, because ultimately very few succeed.

2 games left, so I say play them out and go from there.

Positives- Mike Mularkey and the way he is running this team.

Negatives- Those couple games we dropped at the start that we SHOULD have won! We had the Jags on the ropes man!

Nobody wants to play the Buffalo Bills right now. We are a very hot and confident team right now. Bring on the Steelers and their 1st string players. I'll say the Steelers would be just a bit nervous coming into our stadium right now. Shut down their running game and force that rookie into mistakes.

Oh and Merry Christmas you prick! :P

first off this is me. It isn't the jackass imitation me that was here for a post or two. Kudos to the Admins for taking care of that issue.

8-6. Amazing huh? It's fun to have finally won 8 games. And maybe 9 or 10 for the first time in 4 years. There are great things and concerns as well at this point.

first the Defense.  Overall Damn good  ;)  I still have some concerns it isn't as good as it looks though. Dillon and Rudy J both racked up yards on us. Obviously there is something going on some where. Again BOTH ran right up the middle like Miami did in game 1 against us. And yes it should raise concern.  Pass defense though is damn good. Esp with Vincent back at FS.

Offense. Sorry folks I am greatly concerned. Willis hurt AGAIN?  I am going to draw fire and so be it for this comment...We STILL don't have our starter at RB. that is my position on this.  BOTH Backs cannot stay healty. Both backs are problematic in their own right.  WM cannot hit the hole quick enough and TH hits it too quick...go figure. WM dancing around at the LOS got him nailed too often against Cinci. Now some will say 'But ICE he was hit in the BF, it is the OL's fault'  I say well....it was also the OL that has allowed the man to put up his numbers so which is it? Personally I say both.  sometimes the OL does have an issue, but it isn't their fault...here is why....

Drew Bledsoe.    (Oh come on...you knew it was coming right?  :P )

He isn't the answer. He scares no one in this league. That is why we are still seeing 8 man fronts. Stop the RB and you beat the Bills....Unless the ST's and D forces turnovers for scores  ;) 

That is something we can not count on week in and week out. This has been a special season where both have played out of their heads. This is the exception, not the norm.  I know some will argue, but look at football history. No ST has been able to year in, year out put up 5+ TD's, blocking kicks, punts, returns inside the oppositions 40 on a constant basis etc. You can expect 1/2 of what they have done this season from here on out. And you know what? That will STILL make them the best ST unit in the league  :D

This offense MUST start showing it can run 80 yard drives and do so damn quick or we are in trouble.

Back to drew, God Bless him and I mean that. The guy is total class, but I just don't see it getting done with him. Look we all talked about this offseason how you don't need a Stud QB anymore. You need a LEADER who makes SMART decisions, doesn't throw picks (cough cough) and doesn't lose games for you (cough cough). Drew has NEVER in his history had a short to medium game. He still (even with no pressure and a good pocket) Under, over throws and throws behind WR's. He has no touch on the ball as well. He still does a 'duck and cover' when any pressure is around. He has never been a 'get in your ass' leader like Kelly etal.  So I still feel it isn't going to happen with him.

Honestly all in all, I am flying my Bills flag like all of you off of my front porch. I still hit the sports bar like most of you do on Sundays and I still scream like a girl with TKO takes one to the house. I am damn happy we have turned it around. But in all honesty, we are still a couple moves away from making it happen. the good news? We are ONLY a couple of good moves away!!!

Lastly, playoffs.  We need Balt, Jags and Denver to go breasts up. We do and I feel Pitt rests it's starters, we go 10-6....and face Payton Manning at Indy (Oh christ  :doh:  )  I don't think we have enough offense to score with them, so we will drop a close one at Indy. Hey, who cares? We made the friggin playoffs right? So here is to hoping for us winning out, Others losing and TD making the right decisions this offseason.

God Bless and Merry Christmas. Go Bills!

ICE

177046[/snapback]

Well after first paragraph I figure oh he is back and reformed again. Than I continue to read on and see ya havent changed a bit.

Getting on Willis for not being able to stay healthy. Come on man get a clue. The kid is our answer at RB look how much better they have played since he was the starter remember he is still only 90% from that left knee injury . Travis has had nagging injuries all year this guy is a horse as well, I am sure you have one or two post in your thousands that say so.

The Bledsoe thing is a different matter, I think most or not all here think its wide open for camp next year but right now Drew is the man making a change at this point in time to an unproven rookie would be insane!! The coaches did the right thing and took away most of Drews ability to audiblize and even though he is playing ugly he still is getting the job done. You Rave about the Steelers and Bens play isnt much more spectacular just has a defense to make up for some of the mistakes and makes a few big plays in a game.

You have to go to sportbars to watch Bills games? I thought you had a sure fire way of using Dish network to receive Bills televised games, did that not pan out or did someone get onto your scheme.

Oh well I guess we can look forward to more rants etc in the future even though you claim they were from someone else.

Thanks.

But I disagree on the Offense. Other than one drive we did nothing against Cinci. That can't happen. We are not always going to get the ball inside the other teams territory.

The Passing game is still more of a liability than a positive.

177177[/snapback]

All good points.

Some people have been commenting on Drew's improved ability to "manage" a game. Over the last 5 wins, he has avoided giving the game away. As long as he is playing within his limits, he is actually setting up our defense and ST to kick a**. And maybe he is being 'reformed' by Wyche, and will play the short ball better now (though I didn't like the screen pass when WM got hurt). I also like the QB draws (I mean QB falls forward play); I'd rather have 2nd and 6 instead of 14 with 8 men in the box.

Merry Christmas to all!