3rd and 11...Why blitz a corner?

EldaBillsFan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was good to see the team have some fire again. I think the Titans, Broncos, and Dolphins are beatable if we play like we are trying. Chargers and Pats are winnable (any given sunday). But we'll be close to 8-8, which coming into the season, I thought would have been amazing for this team based on where it is at in the rebuild.

It was good to see the team have some fire again. I think the Titans, Broncos, and Dolphins are beatable if we play like we are trying. Chargers and Pats are winnable (any given sunday). But we'll be close to 8-8, which coming into the season, I thought would have been amazing for this team based on where it is at in the rebuild.

you can look at two plays this season that puts this team into the playoffs most likely

Bad call by ref on the Stevie drop in Cinci

Drop yesterday..

Put 1 more loss on Jets and Cinci and add two wins to the Bills - how cruel it is year after year......

Edited by BuffaloBaumer

I have been a huge Smith critic. But I will admit that he played pretty well yesterday.

I'm still bothered by his complete lack of speed--the guy looks like he's running in quick sand. He caught that one beautiful slant from Fitz in stride, and pretty much collapsed into mush. Very strange.

Maybe he just didn't want to play too fast...and make mistake but he got behind the defense several times

Glad to see him contributing more.

Also, I just want to say, you've started more threads in the past week than I have in my life.

Been off from work! YAY!

I concur with the inefficacy of blitzing for this team. The last few weeks we have made sub-par quarterbacks look good often on blitz plays. We rarely reach the QB and therefore his guys are more likely to get open. It would have been a great call if we got Sanchez but rarely do we get to the QB these days. Calling for coverage had broken up the Jets passing game all day. We got burned on the final drive on blitzing plays. Bad calls George.

I concur with the inefficacy of blitzing for this team. The last few weeks we have made sub-par quarterbacks look good often on blitz plays. We rarely reach the QB and therefore his guys are more likely to get open. It would have been a great call if we got Sanchez but rarely do we get to the QB these days. Calling for coverage had broken up the Jets passing game all day. We got burned on the final drive on blitzing plays. Bad calls George.

It didn't even look like they practice the blitz....byrd was slow to come over and florance didn't disguise the blitz at all....I mean hell of a catch by plax...but there wasn't even a jam at the line

Yeah. The blitz can cover up a weak secondary or expose it. Yesterday blitzing showed how week we are in coverage with rookies getting burned for numerous touchdowns. On the flip side we looked great most of the day dropping guys back. Florence had his numerous pick opportunities and with safety help the corners were undercutting guys all day. Sanchez started throwing balls in the dirt by the third quarter to avoid picks.

I think people are forgetting how many lucky bounces we had as well...

The "Good Teams" are usually the ones that had the most luck throughout the season. Sometimes it's them making their own luck, but mostly they are good because of luck.

For every team that wins the Super Bowl, you can go back through their season and find a good number of plays that were very lucky, the ball bounced the right way, they got the good call by the refs, etc.

In a game of inches, it usually does come down to the small, lucky things.

We're building our pool of talent, and we're getting there. A couple more players, and a couple more lucky bounces and we're right in the thick of things.

I think Ryan and Stevie are finally healthy..... remember .... stevin been played with the groin injuries since around week 4 ....and his numbers had shown it....this week he looked healthy....and Ryan has took that hit by london fletcher and didn't look right since.... its about establishing your future look at the Houston.... where in the right direction.... losing does bother me as much as a lack of effort....

Everyone is saying he just lost focus..... but overall.... nobody would let him walk!

I have to ask. Have you mistaken this board to be twitter ? You start 3-4 threads with single line comments which would be better contained in existing threads. This is a discussion board on opinions - not a shout box or twitter where every thought in your head becomes a new thread.

I have to ask. Have you mistaken this board to be twitter ? You start 3-4 threads with single line comments which would be better contained in existing threads. This is a discussion board on opinions - not a shout box or twitter where every thought in your head becomes a new thread.

Well said. It's fine to voice your opinions but c'mon...