Fitz is the only qb I want in Buffalo-lamp

i HATE when people say this. its bull. early in the season when we were 3-0 or 4-1, KURT WARNER had fitz as his #5 best qb in the entire league 2 weeks in a row. so you know more than kurt freaking warner???? so you dont think at that time the other 27 teams wouldnt want him??? give me a break.

give him an oline and hell yes, hes a top 5 qb.

Alot of people also had the Bills as a top 5 team too, how did that turn out? If Fitz is a top 5 QB under any circumstance, I am a freaking Astronaut who just landed on Mars and started my own football team. I sure hope you are joking on that line, otherwise you are the joke.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had no issue when our receivers still knew how to catch a ball and our line still existed. Now, not so much. Pretty sure the only person who could win behind our current line is Rothleisbeger because he just runs around until he can throw, and that wouldn't even work with the passes that our receivers have dropped in the past few weeks.

You're exactly right. It's hard to blame Fitz too much when the WR crew drops over 10 passes on sunday. I am a Fitz fan and I think he has not been playing all that well these last few weeks, but the biggest problem on offense is a pile of dummies who refuse to catch a ball.

You're exactly right. It's hard to blame Fitz too much when the WR crew drops over 10 passes on sunday. I am a Fitz fan and I think he has not been playing all that well these last few weeks, but the biggest problem on offense is a pile of dummies who refuse to catch a ball.

For every pass one of the receivers drop, and yes there have been plenty, Fitz under throws at least one receiver, or hits the defensive guy right in the hands.

You don't get your own comparison?? You stated that you don't want any other QB than Fitz because of how he compares to RJ and the rest of the garbage from the past decade. Is that really the standard you want to judge Fitz against? "Oh well, at least he's better than Edwards?"

That's not my standard. That was just a mention or a comparison. In a nutshell I was trying to say we have had horrible qbs and finally we have a good one. I was not trying to imply your above reference.

So let me be a little more forward:

Forget all of our ex bill qbs then, I like fitz. If he had a better o line or at least a healthy one, this topic would be merged with a bunch of other "love fitz" threads. lol

I split it 50/50, yes the receivers should catch balls that hit their hands, but have you seen the garbage that Fitz has been putting out there? Everything is way high and too far out front. As beat up as our Oline is, Fitz is still one of the least sacked QBs in the league.

I posted this in a different thread..

There were "10 Drops" in that game. If you go back and look. There are at least 4 where the intended target has to jump and can only get finger tips on it.

2 more drops were the receivers getting blasted due to a late throw into double coverage.

Granted, he hasn't been great the last few weeks, but saying that just looking at the TD:INT ratio is a good indicator of how good he is? Come on. The ONLY two INTs "he" threw sunday were a direct result of two drops. Those INT's should be marked down as the WR's mistake's (especially Smith's drop...that was bad), not Fitz's.

I give Fitz a mulligan for the Miami game because Levitre sucked so bad. But the NYETS and Dallas game - he has no excuse.

Even before the 3 game nose dive Fitz had multiple 2 INT games.

Fitz can help win you games - He just isnt the guy to do it on his own.

FORCING the ball when he knows the timing is off because of a bad snap -- a Harvard guy ought to know better

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Alot of people also had the Bills as a top 5 team too, how did that turn out? If Fitz is a top 5 QB under any circumstance, I am a freaking Astronaut who just landed on Mars and started my own football team. I sure hope you are joking on that line, otherwise you are the joke.

Firt of all you're not being fair. Our oline has been changed and been destroyed by injuries. our receivers have also gone in and out.

Put peyton or rodgers in this line up 2011 and they will struggle too. Will they put better numbers than fitz. Sure, I'll give you that. But not by much. Our online is too messed up. Even rodgers can be sacked. He had a season in 08 or 09 where he gave up 50+sacks.

Firt of all you're not being fair. Our oline has been changed and been destroyed by injuries. our receivers have also gone in and out.

Put peyton or rodgers in this line up 2011 and they will struggle too. Will they put better numbers than fitz. Sure, I'll give you that. But not by much. Our online is too messed up. Even rodgers can be sacked. He had a season in 08 or 09 where he gave up 50+sacks.

Put rodgers in this line up and he will struggle? Ummm that would be a dead wrong statement....Rodgers is 10x better than fitz..

I split it 50/50, yes the receivers should catch balls that hit their hands, but have you seen the garbage that Fitz has been putting out there? Everything is way high and too far out front. As beat up as our Oline is, Fitz is still one of the least sacked QBs in the league.

I sort of agree. I don't think Fitz gets a pass (pun!) these last few weeks. He has not played well at all. he's really been responsible for some garbage passes. But I also do not think he is the disaster some do. The lack of separation, the drops, the beat up WR corps, poor play calling, losing his center....all this stuff adds up. Although every team is suffering injuries this time of year most teams have thought ahead and added depth. Something the Bills chose not to do. Let's just say if the football genie said I could change 5 things about the team Fitz would not be one of those things. Sure it would be fun to have a Rodgers or Brees...but that is just not going to happen. Based on realistic options available to Buffalo, Fitz is the best we are going to get until the team turns competitive. Or, god forbid, these monkeys learn how to draft. I have always felt Fitz is the best guy to mentor the person who gets us back to the super bowl. Despite the last month I still feel that way. The flameout is out of his hands.

Put rodgers in this line up and he will struggle? Ummm that would be a dead wrong statement....Rodgers is 10x better than fitz..

You act like he cant struggle..... U know he went 6_10 his first year as starter. This is also fitzs first true year. So yes he would put up better numbers. But not much more. Again emphasizing with this bills team. Same token, fitz as qb for gb, team may not be 10_0. But maybe 9_1 or 8_2. Fitz just needs better protection and better players!

lets not forget that JP Losman and Trent Edwards looked good for a short period of time...I can recall in 08, that after 5 games this board was flush from posters gushing about how Edwards looked like another Joe M. I can recall at the start of the 07 season that the entire NFL had the Bills on the verge of being a top team because of JP playing so well at the end of 06, the season before.

For some inexplicable reason this franchise almost always manages to torpedo its own good players.

For almost 2 decades what this franchise has failed to realize is that if you want a top team you build it from where the games are won and lost in... the trenches! Buffalo hasn't had a top QB since Jim Kelly because they haven't been ale to protect anyone since Kelly, not for long anyway.

I like Fitz, I think he is a gamer and a gunslinger but he can't do it by himself, no QB can. He still needs a line, better receivers, and an OC that will build a power running game to compliment the passing game. I realize Fred Jackson has played great this season, but for whatever reason gailey has turned into a moron lately. When down by 21 points, instead of running his same power spread offense he starts calling nothing but shotgun passing plays...much the same way the moron Schonert used to do.

So my take is eventually Fitz will keep getting hammered behind that PoS O line and ultimately be ruined by another fool of a HC, just like Jauron with his QB's, Just like Mularkey did with his QB's, just like all the rest since Levy-Polian

Let's be completely honest. If Trent Edwards hadn't been born, Fitzpatrick would still be backing someone up.

:worthy::thumbsup::doh::beer:

The QBs have been so terrible over the last decade that we as fans, allow F$tz to be our franchise QB. He is the second coming of Frank Reich. Can manage a game when you need him to, but should be a back up.

I like Fitz, but he isn't have the QB Frank Reich was.

<br />lets not forget that JP Losman and Trent Edwards looked good for a short period of time...I can recall in 08, that after 5 games this board was flush from posters gushing about how Edwards looked like another Joe M.  I can recall at the start of the 07 season that the entire NFL had the Bills on the verge of being a top team because of JP playing so well at the end of 06, the season before.<br /><br />For some inexplicable reason this franchise almost always manages to torpedo its own good players. <br /><br />For almost 2 decades what this franchise has failed to realize is that if you want a top team you build it from where the games are won and lost in... the trenches! Buffalo hasn't had a top QB since Jim Kelly because they haven't been ale to protect anyone since Kelly, not for long anyway.<br /><br />I like Fitz, I think he is a gamer and a gunslinger but he can't do it by himself, no QB can. He still needs a line, better receivers, and an OC that will build a power running game to compliment the passing game. I realize Fred Jackson has played great this season, but for whatever reason gailey has turned into a moron lately. When down by 21 points, instead of running his same power spread offense he starts calling nothing but shotgun passing plays...much the same way the moron Schonert used to do.<br /><br />So my take is eventually Fitz will keep getting hammered behind that PoS O line and ultimately be ruined by another fool of a HC, just like Jauron with his QB's, Just like Mularkey did with his QB's, just like all the rest since Levy-Polian<br />
they haven't been good because the guy our bad ols have been protecting have been trash. GBs OL isn't very good. 3 years ago it was the worst in the league. Aaron Rodgers seems to be doing just fine. With a good OL, an average QB can become above average. A great qb can make an average OL look great. Fitz made our OL lookngood in the first few weeks. Now, he helps make them look as bad as they are. We need a QB that can make a bad OL look great. Who that is, I have no idea, but I don't think fitz can sustain it over the course of a 16 game season. Chan and co had the league fooled the first few weeks with our play calling, then defense caught on as to how to beat us. I like fitz, but I don't think he's the answer. He tough, smart and isn't afraid to throw the ball. Too bad his arm Isn't as strong as his brain. Our OL and WRs suck. I get that. Fitz isn't great, you should get that. I want a great qb.

Idk about building a team around Fitz. Let's just build an f#$#$#in team. I like Fitz, I like him a lot. I like him in character and on the field. But the Bills jumped the gun with this contract and if Fitz doesn't get it together...whether it's his fault or not....I can't see paying him all that money. Fitz has a lot of potential but inconsistency doesn't work in the NFL, in any position.