Finished

26TrapDraw

I hate to be the one to come out and say it but its over. Blast me for being a doom and gloomer...fine. Gailey did an admirable job with this bunch in the first half of the season but you can't polish a turd. This team has not got significantly better an ANY position and injuries aside the lack of depth is astounding. I'm tired of hearing the excuses. This team is weak in all aspects and now I think giving Fitz an extension was premature. I don't care if you blast me, I am sick and tired of excuses. today's abyssmal performance was the epitome of what will happen the rest of the year.... the jets will blast us next week and then the ball rolls from there. Will we ever be good again? looking for that ray of hope....not seeing it though :bag:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that with the holes they have they should just concentrate on specific areas. Fire Edwards, scrap this hybrid crap. Concentrate more on D-Line (i.e. get a good pass rushing DE) and hit the linebackers from there...start from inside out. No more gimmicky player types either.

I've been through hell and back as a fan of this team. Yet I find myself growing very weary of waiting for improvement. Yeah, we had some amazing games in the beginning but if you look back, they were really miracle comebacks. I continue to ask myself why I continue to follow a team that stabs me in the heart year after year.

I've been through hell and back as a fan of this team. Yet I find myself growing very weary of waiting for improvement. Yeah, we had some amazing games in the beginning but if you look back, they were really miracle comebacks. I continue to ask myself why I continue to follow a team that stabs me in the heart year after year.

its a sickness Mike. We all have it.The best remedy is to go cold turkey. A few years back I didnt watch the Bills all year.Not one game. I had a great autumn.

at least the stabs come in the first half. it makes it alot easier to come to grips with the fact that the first 5 games were a fluke and that we are a bad team....again.

Well, I will be the contrain to all of you. Let me explain first before everyone jumps all over me. Did I in my wildest dreams ever think that this team would go 3 and 1 and beat NE? No. At best I thought this team was a 8 - 8 or 6 - 8 team. I would be very suprised if anyone thought that this team would be better than that. There is still a lot of growth for this team to go through. There is a good start in the development of the core of this team. Wood, Levetire, Fitz (yes), Bell, Chandler, Jackson, Dareus, Sheppard, Williams (before he was hurt) are the beginning. Injuries caught up to this team because it lacked the necessary depth and the league caught up to this team in how to defend against. Plus, look at the turnovers that the first 4-5 games that we had. That helps a team. Now it has all caught up to us.

Yeah, it sucks that we are playing this bad after such a good start. But, that happens. Happens a lot to Buffalo. It is going to take some time for Chan and Buddy to get this in order. Give this team some leash.

Expectations were too high after the early success. Most folks figured on a 6-8 win season and thats where they're going to be.

I had this team winning no more than 5 games. That said, even when we were pulling those comebacks out our ass, I was not trumpeting how AWESOME they were as many did. I enjoyed it, don't get me wrong, but this team just isn't any good. It is just now showing in a very, very ugly way.

Can't wait for the "I BILLIEVE" crew to jump in and spin this. Just spare me the !@#$ing excuses as you do it.

Well, I will be the contrain to all of you. Let me explain first before everyone jumps all over me. Did I in my wildest dreams ever think that this team would go 3 and 1 and beat NE? No. At best I thought this team was a 8 - 8 or 6 - 8 team. I would be very suprised if anyone thought that this team would be better than that. There is still a lot of growth for this team to go through. There is a good start in the development of the core of this team. Wood, Levetire, Fitz (yes), Bell, Chandler, Jackson, Dareus, Sheppard, Williams (before he was hurt) are the beginning. Injuries caught up to this team because it lacked the necessary depth and the league caught up to this team in how to defend against. Plus, look at the turnovers that the first 4-5 games that we had. That helps a team. Now it has all caught up to us.

Yeah, it sucks that we are playing this bad after such a good start. But, that happens. Happens a lot to Buffalo. It is going to take some time for Chan and Buddy to get this in order. Give this team some leash.

You make some good points, BUT EVERY TEAM HAS INJURIES! The freaking Packers lost their top RB last year, then lost their best WR (who was their TE Finley) but still won the Super Bowl (oh, and they had a crappy O-line). The Penguins lost Crosby, still looking pretty good. The Steelers O-line is banged up and they brought back Starks. Good teams have good backups. Cheap teams don't come anywhere near the cap, and have crappy backups. The O-line is a joke, the D-line w/ the exception of Marcell wouldn't start on any other team, etc. I won't even start on the WR's.

Here is a solution: go into FA, spend the money to get good players, draft well, and spend to the cap. It's a joke this team is so far below the cap.

I hate to be the one to come out and say it but its over. Blast me for being a doom and gloomer...fine. Gailey did an admirable job with this bunch in the first half of the season but you can't polish a turd. This team has not got significantly better an ANY position and injuries aside the lack of depth is astounding. I'm tired of hearing the excuses. This team is weak in all aspects and now I think giving Fitz an extension was premature. I don't care if you blast me, I am sick and tired of excuses. today's abyssmal performance was the epitome of what will happen the rest of the year.... the jets will blast us next week and then the ball rolls from there. Will we ever be good again? looking for that ray of hope....not seeing it though :bag:

look at the bright side, there back in the "suck for luck" sweepstakes!

You make some good points, BUT EVERY TEAM HAS INJURIES! The freaking Packers lost their top RB last year, then lost their best WR (who was their TE Finley) but still won the Super Bowl (oh, and they had a crappy O-line). The Penguins lost Crosby, still looking pretty good. The Steelers O-line is banged up and they brought back Starks. Good teams have good backups. Cheap teams don't come anywhere near the cap, and have crappy backups. The O-line is a joke, the D-line w/ the exception of Marcell wouldn't start on any other team, etc. I won't even start on the WR's.

Here is a solution: go into FA, spend the money to get good players, draft well, and spend to the cap. It's a joke this team is so far below the cap.

No arguement on the money end. I do believe that sometimes teams get on such a roll that it is tough to get out of it. GB last year was on that roll.

Horrible last three weeks. F$tzmoney just keeps laying turds, the DEF is just horrible has been a problem all year and the OL looks like a chicken wire canoe. F$tz got his cash when he did cause he knew it wasnt gonna last and Russ was trying to sell the "Stampede" tickets at the right time.