Bunch formation

the last weeks have not been good. then they cut all of the 4th quarter and some of the 3rd to go to other more exciting games last week.

Anyway, have you guys noticed that the 3 wr bunch formation has gone away. This is a good way for our wrs to overcome the jam at the line.

please correct me if im wrong

the last weeks have not been good. then they cut all of the 4th quarter and some of the 3rd to go to other more exciting games last week.

Anyway, have you guys noticed that the 3 wr bunch formation has gone away. This is a good way for our wrs to overcome the jam at the line.

please correct me if im wrong

Your correct! If you watched the Jets vs Patriots, New England used bunch formations to help out their passing game Not Only can't it prevent jamming receivers, once they get off the line of scrimmage you can set up "legal picks" on the db's. When New England bunched Welker's side, Revis played off a bit for the reasons I mentioned above.

Very good point and a formation that takes away the overload teams like the Jets use on blitzing. You force them to reveal what they are doing/which side they are blitzing as they are not going to blitz from the bunched side. Hopefully Chan actually has taken notes or their scouts have anyways. It is odd they used it more in the beginning of the season and not the past few games.

Unless you have superior talent eventually there's an answer for everything. Like Richard seymour said when pats were losing key players in FA "I never saw a system make a tackle."

It probably got him shipped out of town by the thin skinned kraft, but he was right. Pats defense has never been the same since Seymour, Samuel and others left

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Ever stop to think there is a reason he stopped using it? It's possible that the defenses figured it out, or maybe his players suck and can't run it right, who knows.

You sound just like the posters who would try to protect Dick Jauron's ineptness.

Right now, Gailey is the problem. It's clear he's mailing in his job on offense given the lack of creative play calling. He doesn't care about the defense at all. Do you think that George Edwards would have lasted even a half year let alone a full year and a half in NY, Dallas, Philly, Pitt, ect, ect...

Enough with the excuses for Gailey. The Jets and Cowboys are two mediocre teams. We didn't get romped on because of injuries. We got romped on because their head coaches put in the time and energy to prepare their team, while Gailey clearly didn't.

Edited by 1billsfan

You sound just like the posters who would try to protect Dick Jauron's ineptness.

Right now, Gailey is the problem. It's clear he's mailing in his job on offense given the lack of creative play calling. He doesn't care about the defense at all. Do you think that George Edwards would have lasted even a half year let alone a full year and a half in NY, Dallas, Philly, Pitt, ect, ect...

Enough with the excuses for Gailey. The Jets and Cowboys are two mediocre teams. We didn't get romped on because of injuries. We got romped on because their head coaches put in the time and energy to prepare their team, while Gailey clearly didn't.

Yes, I'm protecting Gailey's ineptness.

I've already called for changes to the coaching staff. I'm on the edge as far as having him canned at the end of the year, even though I want to give him three years.

:rolleyes:

The fact is, the bunch, and basically everything else we are doing, is not working. We need better players AND we need new offensive play calling. If we do the same things that teams are already stopping, then what is the point?

Yes, I'm protecting Gailey's ineptness.

I've already called for changes to the coaching staff. I'm on the edge as far as having him canned at the end of the year, even though I want to give him three years.

:rolleyes:

The fact is, the bunch, and basically everything else we are doing, is not working. We need better players AND we need new offensive play calling. If we do the same things that teams are already stopping, then what is the point?

Like the previous posters said, they haven't used the bunch recently. The longer the season has gone on, the more this offense has been looking like the vanilla Trent Edwards era.

This week, I'd have practiced the Spiller deep pass play (they missed on against Dallas) and attempt to nail it on the first play of the Miami game. Fitzpatrick needs it, Spiller needs it, Jackson needs it, the whole team needs it. The team needs to open things up and make defenses cover the whole field again.

But sadly like Jauron, head coach Gailey is probably afraid to give them another chance with that play. Gailey has turned into Dick Jauron and it's disgusting.

Like the previous posters said, they haven't used the bunch recently. The longer the season has gone on, the more this offense has been looking like the vanilla Trent Edwards era.

This week, I'd have practiced the Spiller deep pass play (they missed on against Dallas) and attempt to nail it on the first play of the Miami game. Fitzpatrick needs it, Spiller needs it, Jackson needs it, the whole team needs it. The team needs to open things up and make defenses cover the whole field again.

But sadly like Jauron, head coach Gailey is probably afraid to give them another chance with that play. Gailey has turned into Dick Jauron and it's disgusting.

Yep, that's it exactly--Gailey is afraid to call that play again. That must be it exactly. Explains everything. What a coward.

Some of you guys are hilarious.

Yep, that's it exactly--Gailey is afraid to call that play again. That must be it exactly. Explains everything. What a coward.

Some of you guys are hilarious.

It's the truth. Spiller hauled in a deep pass earlier in the season and just missed on one last week. This team currently has no deep threat (well they do but Chan isn't using him) and the receiver corps is thin as can be. It's inexplicable why Spiller's not getting a few deep balls a game thrown his way.

I'm angry at how Chan's been so afraid to use Spiller to see what we have. The guy almost never gets any touches! I know the response, "well Chan just doesn't see enough in practice to use him." That was the same excuse for why Trent was the starter. Spiller's margin for success is razor thin right now. He has no chance to ever settle in and have an impact on a game. You have to give him the ball about 10 times for a decent assessment.

Ah, the Bills bashers are coming back out of the woodwork! Gailey was using the bunch formation a lot early in the year, teams have figured out the counters so it doesn't work well .....but by magic he is supposed to make it still work. :wallbash: I guess these posters didn't see how Dallas was jumping out a lot of players to the outside and kept some of the quick passes to actual negative yardage. Our offensive line is presently a mash unit, and we have 2 WR's out for the year and 2 hobbled. Gailey will come up with something.

I can kinda agree we have become somewhat predictable. Definitely not Jauron like though, instead of the obvious QB sneak or short pass on 3rd or 4th and short we send bombs 20 yards down the field.

Ah, the Bills bashers are coming back out of the woodwork! Gailey was using the bunch formation a lot early in the year, teams have figured out the counters so it doesn't work well .....but by magic he is supposed to make it still work. :wallbash: I guess these posters didn't see how Dallas was jumping out a lot of players to the outside and kept some of the quick passes to actual negative yardage. Our offensive line is presently a mash unit, and we have 2 WR's out for the year and 2 hobbled. Gailey will come up with something.

It's more like the excuse makers have come out of the woodwork. The Bills' backups are NFL players too. Almost every team has significant injury problems. Injuries are the lamest of the lame excuses. If they lose to Miami, there will be no excuse for the loss other than Chan Gailey is a very bad head coach and should be replaced asap.

It is incredible that a guy who has made a living as a football coach and has a career winning record including NCAA and the NFL combined is not as good at drawing up offensive plays as posters and part time football fans.

Jeez Chan, run a WR bunch, It works on Madden football every time, but you have to reorder the roster so Roscoe Parrish is the slot and motion Jackson to the right.

If winning Dallas or NYJ game was really one formation away, fire the guy now.

Somehow, I think, it just can't be that simple.