SU Hoops 2011 edition...

The Poojer

It'd be one thing if rebounding was merely a weakness, but 378th aka 2nd worst in D1 in defensive rebounding - that is worse than a weakness. It's hard to believe it won't cost us at some point. Though the nice thing about being a 1seed is you can get to the Elite 8 playing your C+/B- game and from there it's often a "which team shoots better" sort of crapshoot.

I actually think it's all about effort, We have the size and skill to rebound. There's no reason Joseph shouldn't be getting 8-10 rebounds a game, instead of 4-5. There's no reason Triche and Waiters can't get in the lane and fight for boards like the other guards in the BE do. The only guy that tries to rebound out there is Fair, and he usually had 2 6'10" guys draped on his back. Maybe Melo tries too, but he's many times way out of position to be effective.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SU vs. South Florida tonight...South Florida is a bubble team, a win tonight and they are pretty much assured of making the tourney...Cuse is wearing the platinum uni's...the special uniforms.....SU #2 in the country....

ESPN3???????? :censored: :censored: :wallbash: :wallbash: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

SU vs. South Florida tonight...South Florida is a bubble team, a win tonight and they are pretty much assured of making the tourney...Cuse is wearing the platinum uni's...the special uniforms.....SU #2 in the country....

ESPN3???????? :censored: :censored: :wallbash: :wallbash: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

MASN carried it.

God what an awful game for the first 15 mins or so. I nearly turned it off. Orangemen just seemed out of it, lazy, and sloppy. CJ Fair woke up first and started making some plays to bring us back in it and then credit to Scoop to get the fire lit under the team. He still makes a couple of knucklehead plays a game but when he's on the whole team starts to follow his lead.

I didn't get to see it...unfortunately i had plans in center city and intended on finding a sports bar to watch it at, but the area i was in(South Street) doesn't have any 'sports bars' and no one had espn fc....so i had to get updates via text from my son...saw some highlights...didn't hate the uniforms like i wanted to, thought they actually looked pretty cool. bu why was dion wearing different shoes from everyone else....again????

MASN carried it.

God what an awful game for the first 15 mins or so. I nearly turned it off. Orangemen just seemed out of it, lazy, and sloppy. CJ Fair woke up first and started making some plays to bring us back in it and then credit to Scoop to get the fire lit under the team. He still makes a couple of knucklehead plays a game but when he's on the whole team starts to follow his lead.

What a successful regular season...and to sweep Louisville--a team that has owned us-- was extra special.

I'm encouraged to see Waiters, Triche, and Southerland play well; we're going to need those guys in order to go deep.

I find it strange that Christmas doesn't get those back-up center minutes. Keita is horrendous.

The only negative to a season like this is it makes the big east tourney a bit anti-climatic.

Just looking forward to selection sunday. Hopefully UNC isn't the 2seed in Boston. They look nasty.

I think we could beat any team in the country, except KY and UNC. Just don't see us matching up well against those teams, esp UNC's front line.

I think we could beat any team in the country, except KY and UNC. Just don't see us matching up well against those teams, esp UNC's front line.

We could beat anyone including them but yah, those are the only two teams we wouldn't be favored against, I agree.

Ruh ro....

Sources: Syracuses basketball program repeatedly violated its internal drug policy

Over the course of a three-month investigation, four sources with intimate knowledge of the Syracuse mens basketball program told Yahoo! Sports at least 10 players since 2001 have tested positive for a banned recreational substance or substances. The sources said all 10 of those players were allowed to practice and play at times when they should have been suspended by the athletic department, including instances when some players may not have known of their own ineligibility. The four sources said Syracuse violated its drug policy in at least two areas: failing to properly count positive tests; and playing ineligible players after they should have been subject to suspension.

The NCAA declined immediate comment when reached by Yahoo! Sports Monday. Boeheim also declined comment. “I don’t know anything about it,” Boeheim said. “I would not comment on anything like that. Good luck with your story.” Asked if he had any knowledge of an NCAA investigation, Boeheim again declined comment. “Obviously, I’m not going to talk about anything at all,” he said.

This could pertain to marijuana which while a violation does not concern me..plus this is an internal policy, i can't see where this would impact ncaa violations. Also 10 players stretching back 12 years....i guess when you are on top people come at you from all directions

Ruh ro....

Sources: Syracuse’s basketball program repeatedly violated its internal drug policy

Over the course of a three-month investigation, four sources with intimate knowledge of the Syracuse men’s basketball program told Yahoo! Sports at least 10 players since 2001 have tested positive for a banned recreational substance or substances. The sources said all 10 of those players were allowed to practice and play at times when they should have been suspended by the athletic department, including instances when some players may not have known of their own ineligibility. The four sources said Syracuse violated its drug policy in at least two areas: failing to properly count positive tests; and playing ineligible players after they should have been subject to suspension.

The NCAA declined immediate comment when reached by Yahoo! Sports Monday. Boeheim also declined comment. “I don’t know anything about it,” Boeheim said. “I would not comment on anything like that. Good luck with your story.” Asked if he had any knowledge of an NCAA investigation, Boeheim again declined comment. “Obviously, I’m not going to talk about anything at all,” he said.

This could pertain to marijuana which while a violation does not concern me..plus this is an internal policy, i can't see where this would impact ncaa violations. Also 10 players stretching back 12 years....i guess when you are on top people come at you from all directions

Plus as I re-read the article, four sources with knowledge, not four players, and a 3 month investigation.....

Where else have I heard of 4 people involved with problems with SU basketball over the last three months?

Oh dear god...wouldn't that be something...once u mentioned that i immediately thought about the feds warrants....but i can't imagine the fed leaks info this way...

Plus as I re-read the article, four sources with knowledge, not four players, and a 3 month investigation.....

Where else have I heard of 4 people involved with problems with SU basketball over the last three months?

OK need help formulating a defense here...this guy is an nc st. fan...off the top of my head i have: nc st. basketball has had 2 major ncaa violations as opposed to su. basketball. then i move on the conference and i have nc football, uva lacrosse player kills girlfriend, duke lacrosse team which i will say the bernie fine fiasco makes this a wash. miami football program...

I am so sick and tired of this holier than thou from these people...it would appear we are talking about 18-21 year olds playing basketball having smoked some pot...who the f*** cares,

I know I should just let it go, as i noticed he has no one commenting on his comment(probably know that it's not a valid point)...but i need to defend my teams honor(not that he'd listen)

Any help in arguing would be appreciate

:wallbash:

As i read it..as many as 10 tested positive fir recreational banned substances and a couple may have played....hardly sounds horrible....

I think you're right. It will probably come out that Devendorf, Edelin, and Deshaun Williams smoked weed.

Not sure how Baylor was disciplined for something similar, but it obviously didn't affect their program

f-in A, I am jacked for the game today...UCONN always scares me, especially during tourney time. Hopefully Boeheim has prepped the team for these next few weeks....hopefully sutherland has found his shot, mcw is ready to play an important role, hopefully dion puts his ego aside...scoop and kj need to shine in their final post season.....

GO ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!