4th and Short - - LONG BOMB

miserable_fan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During the game, i was equally as pissed as all of you about this playcall. But the more I got back to it, the more I think it actually wasn't a bad idea. At that point during the game, they cowboys had proven that they could move the ball downfield on us at will. It was clear that our only chance of staying in the game was to put up points and compete in a shootout style game much like the Raiders/Pats games. Going for the endzone on 4th and 2? Why the hell not? The offense was struggling for the second week in a row, and needed some kind of spark to get going. If Jones catches that pass, who knows what it could have led to?

Edited by showmeSP

Over head view showed Stevie had separation on a little 3 yard slant. Could have got us the first down, but again Fitz, for some reason doesnt like going to his left...

I thought Fitz would look to his number 1 guy first read. He could have lead him and had the first down. I think they have to much faith in Jones at this point.

Funny how none of you geniuses were talking like this early in the year when they were chucking it down field on 3rd and short. Same situation. You hit the pass you're a genius. Miss it and all you wannabees come out and bash them. Maybe you could all do better?

Apparently our entire offense is predicated on dinking and dunking, screens and running. We stick with this philosophy 99.9% of the time with mixed results. But numerous times this year I see the Bills in a 3rd or 4th and short go deep to Stevie or Jones with an almost guaranteed incompletion.

I'd love for Chan to try these plays throughout the game to keep the defenses honest, but during the most crucial parts of the game(s), you'd think they'd stick to a higher percentage play.

Am I the only one who's noticed this? Thoughts... It drives me crazy when I see it.

Not only that but to the least reliable catcher in the receiving corp, who is also undersized and hasn't been open since his return. I don't know what they see in this guy. At least Namaan and Nelson catch everything thrown their way.

Funny how none of you geniuses were talking like this early in the year when they were chucking it down field on 3rd and short. Same situation. You hit the pass you're a genius. Miss it and all you wannabees come out and bash them. Maybe you could all do better?

Giants game. Third and short. Long throw. Interception. Twice. I think the idea of doing that again was the thing that makes this so hard to understand. At least, it was for me.

Apparently our entire offense is predicated on dinking and dunking, screens and running. We stick with this philosophy 99.9% of the time with mixed results. But numerous times this year I see the Bills in a 3rd or 4th and short go deep to Stevie or Jones with an almost guaranteed incompletion.

I'd love for Chan to try these plays throughout the game to keep the defenses honest, but during the most crucial parts of the game(s), you'd think they'd stick to a higher percentage play.

Am I the only one who's noticed this? Thoughts... It drives me crazy when I see it.

Drives me crazy, too. They did it one time vs Dallas where Simms said it was the only option but their replay showed David Nelson was open for a 1st down.

Not only that but to the least reliable catcher in the receiving corp, who is also undersized and hasn't been open since his return. I don't know what they see in this guy. At least Namaan and Nelson catch everything thrown their way.

He had 6 recs for 51 yards. What do you want from an undrafted player?

4th and long inside the 20 . lets get the first down as top priority. Then we have 3 more downs to experiment with end zone hookups.Unless of course there is a wide open receiver in the end zone.

Edited by hamtenp