Brad Smith

- $3 million for a kickoff catcher? Were we not aware of the rule change moving up the kickoff when we signed him?

- Boneheaded catch IN BOUNDS on the 17 (only worse move was Chan challenging it and losing a timeout for failing to either a) know the rules or b) see the play clearly before throwing the red flag.)

- Lackluster and tentative behind center.

- Wouldn't Aaron Maybin be more productive on this roster?

- $3 million for a kickoff catcher? Were we not aware of the rule change moving up the kickoff when we signed him?

- Boneheaded catch IN BOUNDS on the 17 (only worse move was Chan challenging it and losing a timeout for failing to either a) know the rules or b) see the play clearly before throwing the red flag.)

- Lackluster and tentative behind center.

- Wouldn't Aaron Maybin be more productive on this roster?

I agree with every bit of it, but I think Chan has lost his way on this offense. We have been unable to get a direction started on offense, whether we've just given up with what works or if we've just been unable to succeed with what has worked. Coaches now plan against us and a 6 yard pass play is easy to defend. Screen plays are just as easily to stop when we cannot succeed vertically. While we lost today I was happy to see us attempt to go down field and hope we can get someone to get under the ball.

Once we find success in those few areas we have been so good at we will see Brad Smith come back to find success.

Sorry to all the Smith lovers but IMO he is completely lost on all aspects.

Last week against the Jets he just let a kick returner run right by him. This week he catches the ball the wrong way and IMO it was going to go out of bounds. He never seems to get open as a receiver.

3 million for a part time player! No wonder the Jets didnt sign him....He sucks.

Sorry to all the Smith lovers but IMO he is completely lost on all aspects.

Last week against the Jets he just let a kick returner run right by him. This week he catches the ball the wrong way and IMO it was going to go out of bounds. He never seems to get open as a receiver.

3 million for a part time player! No wonder the Jets didnt sign him....He sucks.

Another way to look at it is that it was an exchange/trade of backup players. They got Maybin for $500K and we got Brad Smith for $3M.

Sometimes I think the same moron is running the Bills and Pirates. Why do they make stupid overpriced offseason acquisitions. We already have a "gadget" player in Spiller. Oh, lets add another. How about adding an OL that's an actual NFL starter, or someone who can "blitz" (I understand the current DC does not know the definition of this word) but serisouly wtf front office. :wallbash:

Who gives a sh-- what he gets paid? It's not like the Bills are strapped for cap room.

The financial side of the business cares. It's their jobs to keep the team turning a profit. Other players might care as well.

Why? Do you think that if the Bills don't spend right up to the cap that they keep the surplus stacks of $100 bills under Russ Brandon's mattress for a rainy day?