Start Over.... Again

Dorkington

We don't need to get a new coach and a new GM and a new everything because they're playing poorly as of recent. I mean come on lets be realistic, none of us were saying this crap a few weeks ago. The problem is that they aren't playing with any rhythm, they've started the last 2 games just throwing the ball on every down of their first possession. Our offense is built on the balance that we maintained with a good run game. If you've noticed we've kind of lost sight of the balance in our attack. And we shouldn't panic due to being down by 7 and trying to pass every down. I think Gailey is a good coach and has the right idea the guys just aren't making adjustments pre-snap, that was clear on their first play from scrimmage. Obviously Wilson is a horrible owner. We all can agree on that. Spiller isn't a bust, he's just not being used properly, I mean how can a guy who touches the ball maybe 3 or 4 times a game ever progress? Our defense simply can't stop a nosebleed. George Edwards should have been released after last season. The front four don't get any pressure, they are playing a more simple defense than high school teams at this point and their front four are playing terrible. When there is no pressure by the front four it exploits and makes the LBs and DB's vulnerable. Edwards is making the mistake of trying to figure out how not to make them not look vulnerable when he should be looking at how to get more pressure. Moats should be starting he's our best pass rusher and there needs to be more accountability on the defensive line by the players themselves as well. Dwan Edwards is getting no pressure. Simply that 3-4 front isn't working AT ALL. Dareus and Carrington should be inside for starters.

WOW! Going down with ship eh? We could be looking at 5-11 for the season. Who else are we going top beat?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People, people.

I know I'm overreacting.

I'm freaking mad!

So I'm going to stick with the OP until later in the week, and I'll calm down. For now, I'm going to angrily eat my burrito. And I'm going to down this root beer while filled with rage.

The P stands for PERSPECTIVE, which none of you have. I stopped taking it all as serious as you. If they lose, too bad. Life goes on.

PTR

I agree with you here. We went 5-3 in the first half and have started the second half 0-1. There is nothing to say that it cannot turn around in the final 7 games for us. Yes, these past 2 weeks have been pretty brutal, but crazy things happen in the NFL. We are still over .500 and have a chance to try and turn some things around.

I agree with you here. We went 5-3 in the first half and have started the second half 0-1. There is nothing to say that it cannot turn around in the final 7 games for us. Yes, these past 2 weeks have been pretty brutal, but crazy things happen in the NFL. We are still over .500 and have a chance to try and turn some things around.

Yeah! Lets definitely bet on crazy things. Sounds like a sure bet. Or how about using your head and eyes and knowledge of the game....nah...lets go with crazy things! :thumbsup:

I have been supporting the Bills for34 years. L have lived in CA, TX, SC, Iraq, Afghanistan. etc/ Seen the best and worst. WNY is still the greatest b/c of the people....but this is the worst. Today, I turned the game off b/c I did not want my kids to get wrapped up in a silly game like I have for 34 years. This f----in suck. GO BILLS...win the next 2/ Please

The P stands for PERSPECTIVE, which none of you have. I stopped taking it all as serious as you. If they lose, too bad. Life goes on.

PTR

Okay Mr. Perspective what "perspective" did you gain today? You can win with Tebow completing 2 passes? Here is what I learned we have won 2 games in last 6. We are more the 2-4 team than the team that started 3-0.

Yeah! Lets definitely bet on crazy things. Sounds like a sure bet. Or how about using your head and eyes and knowledge of the game....nah...lets go with crazy things! :thumbsup:

Speaking of using your head and eyes, I never said anything about "betting on crazy things." I said, "there is nothing to say it cannot turn around in the final 7 games," and "crazy things happen in the NFL." Reading comprehension doesn't appear to be your strong suit. If you want to go ahead and give up on the season, go ahead, that is your prerogative. I'm going to let the next few weeks play out and see what happens.

I have been supporting the Bills for34 years. L have lived in CA, TX, SC, Iraq, Afghanistan. etc/ Seen the best and worst. WNY is still the greatest b/c of the people....but this is the worst. Today, I turned the game off b/c I did not want my kids to get wrapped up in a silly game like I have for 34 years. This f----in suck. GO BILLS...win the next 2/ Please

Way to stick to your convictions! :P

The sky may be falling on the season, but it's not all crashing down around us on this version of the organization. There's a clear way forward here:

1.) Fix the goddamn defense. Fire George Edwards, effective tomorrow, and find a coordinator who can run a pro unit. Maybe that guy's Wanny, but I'm not convinced. I don't think we've put together such top-shelf 3-4 talent that scheme has to factor into this decision. Steve Spagnolo's likely to be fired. Jack Del Rio might be available. There's more coaching talent in the position coach ranks. Do a real search, and find the best guy - a coach who will also be able to identify talent. With Dareus and Williams, we've got some power up front. Now flesh it out with position depth and starters at LB. You can get a lot done with roleplayers on defense; go out and find those guys.

2.) Accept that this is going to be Fitz's team, and build for that. The guy has a quick release and decent accuracy, so find guys who get make quick cuts, get open, hold on to the ball, and move forward. We've got a scrapheap playing wide receiver. Anyone who can be a credible threat downfield would revitalize these guys. Donald Jones is not a starter, Steve Johnson isn't a #1.

If you can make those changes, we'll be back to September again.

You make no sense.

The last two weeks though? Absolutely embarassing. We're getting worse, not better, as the season continues.

This much is obvious and it should be a concern to every Bills Fan because they ARE getting out-coached and seem to have no answers at all...Granted if our Defense could stop anything...I mean ANYTHING, I think the Offense would look a heck of a lot better purely because they would not be playing from behind so much...But Gailey has seemingly run out of magic...And when he does call a great play Spiller stumbles and drops a ball that hits him in the hands, or Fitz overthrows a wide open Donald Jones deep, or he under-throws one...etc, etc...It's pretty ugly right now... B-)

I don't wanna believe this at all but i belive this game sealed the deal to our season... The Bills are so predictable... Screen passes and 5 yard dinks to the middle of the field (which was probably a screen also) is being shut down... We can't stretch the field at all... And please don't let me say anything about our CB's (except for McGee) McKelvin makes me jump out of my seat and pace back and forth... Offensive line is hurt and now down with another major piece in Wood... Kelsay can't make it back on to the field... Coaching sucks big time... I believe it's time to move on with a new defensive coordinator... George Edwards is not doing anything to even get the best out of the players he has... I like Chan Gailey but we need a better offensive coordinator than Modkins... Who can we beat after a loss like that? Help me out please...