Start Over.... Again

Dorkington

PTR has a level head and an attitude which one would not assume would hit the panic button so readily. I have a high respect for his non-panicky posts.Some emotions on this board swing too easily. Today's loss was disappointing and pissed me off, but no need to dwell for too long. Re-evaluating things is what this team needs to do but by no means should the players panic and neither should we.

There's a difference between not being overeactionary/avoiding panic buttons, and just being a full blown apologist at every opportunity. After every win thumb your nose at how dumb "the experts" are (and always make sure to put "experts" in quotes) and after every loss, oh well it was just one game. That's all he does, ever.

This loss is not the end of the world to be sure. They needed to win 2 of 3 on this road trip and 1 of those wins needed to be the Jets, so if we had won this and the next game it wouldn't do us much good if we lose @NJ. So I'm not as upset about it as others are. But it's obviously getting harder to be optimistic about that game in 2 weeks.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we just brough Chan and Nix in, and just signed Fitz to a new deal. But this team clearly needs to be rebooted again.

Chan is a mediocre offensive coach. Nix is a horrible GM. Fitzpatrick is an average backup. Freddie is close to being over the hill. Spiller is a bust. Johnson is overrated. Jones is absolute crap. Our offensive line can't protect for longer than 2 seconds. Our defensive line is full of soft bodies. Our OLBs are undersized, inexperienced and simply useless. Our MLB are unreliable. Our CBs can't cover anyone. Our Safeties are often out of position. Our kicker and punter are close to over the hill too.

Our recent drafts have netted us nothing. Our FA signings are mostly strike outs.

The last 20 years have been failure after failure after failure.

Maybe it needs to start at the top with Wilson.

I'm sure this will be one of eleventy million frustration threads.

[/

So, should they move?

I know we just brough Chan and Nix in, and just signed Fitz to a new deal. But this team clearly needs to be rebooted again.

Chan is a mediocre offensive coach. Nix is a horrible GM. Fitzpatrick is an average backup. Freddie is close to being over the hill. Spiller is a bust. Johnson is overrated. Jones is absolute crap. Our offensive line can't protect for longer than 2 seconds. Our defensive line is full of soft bodies. Our OLBs are undersized, inexperienced and simply useless. Our MLB are unreliable. Our CBs can't cover anyone. Our Safeties are often out of position. Our kicker and punter are close to over the hill too.

Our recent drafts have netted us nothing. Our FA signings are mostly strike outs.

NO, we need learn how to run the ball smash mouth style like San Fran. We have the fullback, TE, O-line and Fred to really get after it. We can't power run now because everyone knows when Mcintyre comes in we are running it and they stuff us. But if those players were in there most of the time we could effective with it.

I just agreed with you on another post and then you post this. :wallbash:

Maybe we just need to move the team to Jersey.

Horsehockey...

I've been a very harsh critic of both Gailey and Nix since they have been hired. If those two have any flaws its the fact that they counted on Shawne Merriman to be their pass rusher and waiver wire scrub O linemen to get the job done. Nix and Gailey gambled on Merriman and some linemen and it didn't pay off.

Well, the sad fact is Merriman went on IR again, but then so did the only defensive pro bowler in Kyle Williams. Funny thing is about those waiver wire O line scrubs, they seem to be holding down the fort while the perennially always injured LT keeps missing games. So the Bills STILL need a pass rusher and an OT or two.

On the positive side Gailey has gotten this young team of nobody's to believe in themselves and overachieve, kinda like Chuck Knox did back in the day. This team isn't usually penalty ridden mess, they usually play tough hard nosed disciplined football with very few mistakes.

Look at the players who got this team to 5-4 this year...a back up RB who is playing brilliantly, a back up QB nobody else wanted, no name receivers, a tight end nobody wanted. The defense actually has the ability to get pressure on the QB if kelsay ever plays again