Oh Tannenbaum

It's not a tax, it's a fee. :rolleyes:

What "fee" do they levy for Kwanza?

Holy !@#$. :blink: Just try to count the number of ways that paragraph is surreally screwed up. I got halfway through, and stopped at five (specifically, where they want to "strengthen the Christmas tree industry's position in the marketplace"...how the !@#$ is that a problem? What competition does the Christmas tree industry have in the Christmas tree market? :lol:)

Christmas tree "research" :lol: Research what exactly? New markets for Christmas trees? What are they going to try to sell them to Jews/Muslims or immigrants as Holiday trees? "Welcome to the USA! Make sure you buy a tree!"

I cannot get over the "image" thing either. At this point in history, what could possibly increase or decrease the image of a Christmas tree?

And what of the environmental impact of cutting down all these carbon eating trees :o? Are these the "green jobs" we were told about?

There has to be more to this story.....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christmas tree "research" :lol: Research what exactly? New markets for Christmas trees? What are they going to try to sell them to Jews/Muslims or immigrants as Holiday trees? "Welcome to the USA! Make sure you buy a tree!"

I cannot get over the "image" thing either. At this point in history, what could possibly increase or decrease the image of a Christmas tree?

And what of the environmental impact of cutting down all these carbon eating trees :o? Are these the "green jobs" we were told about?

There has to be more to this story.....

We laugh, but with the inroads Festivus has made on Christmas, there's a powerful incentive to make confiers as durable as the aluminum poles that have grabbed a significant share of the Christmas tree market...

It's not a tax, it's a fee. :rolleyes:

What "fee" do they levy for Kwanza?

Holy !@#$. :blink: Just try to count the number of ways that paragraph is surreally screwed up. I got halfway through, and stopped at five (specifically, where they want to "strengthen the Christmas tree industry's position in the marketplace"...how the !@#$ is that a problem? What competition does the Christmas tree industry have in the Christmas tree market? :lol:)

Seriously!?!?!?

Haven't you ever seen those artificial trees clogging every aisleway in the Walmarts and Targets of the world as soon as Halloween is past? Good grief, how can a hardworking X-mas tree rancher possibly keep up with the Godless Commie plastic made-in-China trees?

Speaking of 'good grief,' they've stemmed the attack of the aluminum trees that Lucy wanted poor Charlie Brown to drag back to the elementary school musical, but if Michelle Obama has her way and gets kids to stop drinking soda pop the price of aluminum that formerly went into cans will go down and the aluminum trees become competitive again.

Throw in the competition from NAFTA-inspired Canadian douglas fir imports (Ross was right about the 'giant sucking sound,' he just misplaced its direction) and the X-mas tree rancher simply has little to no chance without government provided marketing.

We laugh, but with the inroads Festivus has made on Christmas, there's a powerful incentive to make confiers as durable as the aluminum poles that have grabbed a significant share of the Christmas tree market...

Yes, Drew Stafford is a well-known Festivus participant. But, using the Sabres as a model, how many of the rest of them have Christmas trees at Christmas time? I bet all the married guys do.

And besides, the Festivus pole market is most likely complimentary to the Christmas tree market, as in "here's my Christmas tree, and over here is my Festivus pole!" :D Or, put simply, if I wasn't single and so lazy in my personal life that I did actually decorate for Christmas, that's what I'd do.

Let me tell you: they better raise that tax to $2.50 per tree if their target demographic is me, and getting me to sign up for putting an auto-mess creating, soon-to-be eyesore that I will do everything to avoid getting rid of until at least April, tree in my place. There going to need a lot more money if that's the goal. Every tree better come with a "some lady comes and gets rid of it" option, of you can forget it. My cleaner lady already hazes me enough as it is. It's like paying to have an uncaring, alcoholic new stepmother come in and move all your stuff around so you can't find anything. :bag:

The USDA, under a Democratic executive in 2011, decides under their own authority to levy a fee on Christmas trees at the behest of an industry lobby...and you find something that blames a fifteen-year old Republican sponsored legislation?

You're an idiot.

Well if you look at the blame for the immediate decision, this little link is irrelevant.

If you look at it as indicative of the typical "if the other side proposes it, we hate it" way of doing business in Washington, it's incredibly relevant.

Well if you look at the blame for the immediate decision, this little link is irrelevant.

If you look at it as indicative of the typical "if the other side proposes it, we hate it" way of doing business in Washington, it's incredibly relevant.

Exactly, all this drumbeat of false outrage is hilarious, Obama disregarding the constitution and flaunting international law in excess of what Bush did and hardly a peep but some piddling tax on Christmas trees that's what energizes PPP- Tens of Billions just disappears in Iraq who cares- 16 dollar muffins (which of course wasn't true anyways) sputtering outrage.

Exactly, all this drumbeat of false outrage is hilarious, Obama disregarding the constitution and flaunting international law in excess of what Bush did and hardly a peep but some piddling tax on Christmas trees that's what energizes PPP- Tens of Billions just disappears in Iraq who cares- 16 dollar muffins (which of course wasn't true anyways) sputtering outrage.

That's kind of like you bitching about your wife spending $1,000 on a pair of shoes and her reply is. "Well you shouldn't be mad at that because last month I spent $5,000 on a purse."

There goes your con argument liberals are trying to take away Xmas. So now you complain about him promoting it. Talk about hypocritical.

He's not promoting Christmas you dolt. He's supporting a lobby.

And if you look at it as what it really is: a law that gave the USDA authority engage in "commodity promotion and evaluation" (but not, however, the authority to levy any taxes or fees on such), this little link is retarded.

Really, if you want to criticize that bill, don't go full retard with "The Republicans made the Democrats do it!" Much better to criticize it for what's actually in the bill, like Title V, Subtitle E, sections 578, 579, and 581: enforcement, investigation, and regulation concerning popcorn. :wallbash:

That's kind of like you bitching about your wife spending $1,000 on a pair of shoes and her reply is. "Well you shouldn't be mad at that because last month I spent $5,000 on a purse

More Like you bitching about your wife spending a $100 on a pair of shoes because you loss $100,000 gambling and are feeling a little tight.

Exactly, all this drumbeat of false outrage is hilarious

You know why we bang the drum on this? Because it just adds another log to the "Barack Obama is an idiot" fire.

How big of a freaking moron do you have to be to stand as president of the US, yelling incessantly about how people are suffering and times are tough and the GOP is blocking his recovery, and then at the VERY FREAKING MOMENT millions of people are ready to buy a tree for the holidays, announce to the whole freaking' world that your administration want to impose a 15-cent fee on the tree while simultaneously announcing it's needed to promote the industry?

Seriously. You couldn't find a bigger freaking' moron if you dragged Conner and Ed back to the board..

That's why we beat the drum. He's a freaking idiot.

You know why we bang the drum on this? Because it just adds another log to the "Barack Obama is an idiot" fire.

How big of a freaking moron do you have to be to stand as president of the US, yelling incessantly about how people are suffering and times are tough and the GOP is blocking his recovery, and then at the VERY FREAKING MOMENT millions of people are ready to buy a tree for the holidays, announce to the whole freaking' world that your administration want to impose a 15-cent fee on the tree while simultaneously announcing it's needed to promote the industry?

Seriously. You couldn't find a bigger freaking' moron if you dragged Conner and Ed back to the board..

That's why we beat the drum. He's a freaking idiot.

But you missed the last part: "We're announcing a fee on Christmas trees, to promote Christmas trees, so people will go out and buy Christmas trees." Then in January, you announce "Christmas tree sales in December were up significantly over the November numbers. Look what a success our program was!"

And don't forget to water your tree with Brawndo.

But you missed the last part: "We're announcing a fee on Christmas trees, to promote Christmas trees, so people will go out and buy Christmas trees." Then in January, you announce "Christmas tree sales in December were up significantly over the November numbers. Look what a success our program was!"

And don't forget to water your tree with Brawndo.

I remember a scene from the movie "Dave" where he points out that one way to fund a shelter for homeless children is to cut a government program that creates advertisements designed to make people feel good about buying a car. I remember thinking, "It's a joke, I know, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was someone stupid enough to have a program like that."

And here you have it. Someone stupid enough to have a program that is even more stupid than they could make up in the movies.

How anyone can defend this freaking moron is beyond me. Do you have any idea how hard you have to work to make BIDEN look smart?