Big Lewbowski might be funniest film ever

Pete

Great underated flick. Any Cohen movie is pretty much a slam dunk.

174898[/snapback]

Barton Fink is fantastic! Very, very underated film. Unbeleivable plot twists and dark humor. I had to see it a second time to get how funny that film is

Barton Fink is fantastic!  Very, very underated film.  Unbeleivable plot twists and dark humor.  I had to see it a second time to get how funny that film is

174900[/snapback]

Funny you mention that. We were just watching(struggling through) John Goodman in some sitcom(no idea of the name) on tv and im thinking what a shame he is wasted on this crap when he could be doing genious stuff like "Barton Fink". Sorry for the run on sentence but that movie is the high point for him and really shows what he is capable of. Let alone "The Big Lebowski"

Funny you mention that. We were just watching(struggling through) John Goodman in some sitcom(no idea of the name)  on tv and im thinking what a shame he is wasted on this crap when he could be doing genious stuff like "Barton Fink".  Sorry for the run on sentence but that movie is the high point for him and really shows what he is capable of. Let alone "The Big Lebowski"

174904[/snapback]

Agreed. John Goodman is a helluva actor. A few years ago I was walking with some friends in NYC one night in the upper west side and John Goodman walked right past us on the street. I said "Hey John Goodman, how are you doing?" He flashed a huge smile and said howdy. You can tell he is a great guy

Agreed.  John Goodman is a helluva actor.  A few years ago I was walking with some friends in NYC one night in the upper west side and John Goodman walked right past us on the street.  I said "Hey John Goodman, how are you doing?"  He flashed a huge smile and said howdy.  You can tell he is a great guy

174907[/snapback]

He has a natural charachter that makes him very easy to watch in a movie. Very likeable. I always kinda thought the same way about John Candy. Cant miss actors.

The Comedy Central version is awful with the dubbed language cleanup.

I bowled in the lanes they use in the film but I believe that property has since been redeveloped- at least that was in the works 4 or 5 years ago.

Many of the other sets are places around the Westside of LA. If any of you fans of the movie are going to be in LA and would like a "Lebowski" tour let me know and I'll be happy to show you the spots.

The Comedy Central version is awful with the dubbed language cleanup.

I bowled in the lanes they use in the film but I believe that property has since been redeveloped- at least that was in the works 4 or 5 years ago.

Many of the other sets are places around the Westside of LA. If any of you fans of the movie are going to be in LA and would like a "Lebowski" tour let me know and I'll be happy to show you the spots.

176918[/snapback]

I was hoping those lanes were still there.

:lol:

If you like Goodman, you should see him in a very good, but under-the-radar Spielberg flick called "Always." Just a terrific movie with Goodman and Richard Dreyfus as best friends who fly tankers putting out forest fires. Holly Hunter in it as well. Just a great, great flick that never got the credit it deserved.

If you like Goodman, you should see him in a very good, but under-the-radar Spielberg flick called "Always." Just a terrific movie with Goodman and Richard Dreyfus as best friends who fly tankers putting out forest fires. Holly Hunter in it as well. Just a great, great flick that never got the credit it deserved.

177085[/snapback]

A fav of mine. Holly Hunter is so smokin' hot when she put on that dress Dreyfus gave her.