Anyone catch Gailey on Mike & Mike at 7:30?

eball

They talked alot about Fred Jackson, Chan said he was a rare player in that he could run, catch, block very good, and was also a good leader.

Was asked about Revis, said he is a player you definately have to gameplan for, have to make a decision on whether you're going to try to challenge him or not.

They talked alot about Fred Jackson, Chan said he was a rare player in that he could run, catch, block very good, and was also a good leader.

Was asked about Revis, said he is a player you definately have to gameplan for, have to make a decision on whether you're going to try to challenge him or not.

well considering QB rating when throwing to Revis is a freakin 2, i hope we decide to not challenge him...

well considering QB rating when throwing to Revis is a freakin 2, i hope we decide to not challenge him...

Revis island doesn't exist when you have 5 wide.

Revis island works in a traditional 2 WR 1 TE set. Revis can take away 1/3 of the field that way and let the Safties come in for run support or blitzing, or let the LBs blitz and the safeties cover, either way you have lots of options for the other 10 players.

When you go 5 wide that strategy has to be adjusted because so what if Revis erases 1 WR, there are 4 more that have to be covered. Some of the WRs are running routes under the WR that takes Revis out of the play if they stay in man, therefore the island is no more.

So in that sense we will be taking away "Revis Island" for much of the afternoon.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Revis island doesn't exist when you have 5 wide.

Revis island works in a traditional 2 WR 1 TE set. Revis can take away 1/3 of the field that way and let the Safties come in for run support or blitzing, or let the LBs blitz and the safeties cover, either way you have lots of options for the other 10 players.

When you go 5 wide that strategy has to be adjusted because so what if Revis erases 1 WR, there are 4 more that have to be covered. Some of the WRs are running routes under the WR that takes Revis out of the play if they stay in man, therefore the island is no more.

So in that sense we will be taking away "Revis Island" for much of the afternoon.

Yep. Stevie will be a castaway on Revis Island, but that's about it.

Then Greenberg asked, "so are you going to chellenge him" and Chan goes, "well I'm not gonna tell you guys" I thought that was pretty funny. At the start of the interview they asked what he thought were the reasons for Buffalo's good start. Chan said its kind of a chicken and the egg thing (doesn't know if winning breeds confidence or if you need confidence to start winning), but either way right now guys believe in themselves, the coaches, and the system and there are a lot of different players who are capable of stepping up and making big plays.

Yep. Stevie will be a castaway on Revis Island, but that's about it.

Stevie hasn't been the most dangerous WR this season.

Rex knows this. Just because on paper Stevie is the "#1WR" doesn't mean he automatically gets the Revis treatment.

I bet you Revis will be played all over the field even in the slot on Nelson.

Say you take away Stevie's 39 catches.

You still have Nelson's 31

Mr. Jackson's 27

and Roosevelt\CJ\Donald Jones 39.

I'm really interested to see how this works out.

When Maybin is in there on an obvious passing play. You may even see check down to a Center\Guard Pull sweep run play. So that Wood or Levitre can pancake and road grade Maybin or at least I dream this will happen. 3rd and 15, Jackson sweep at Maybin. 1st and 10. That would be awesome :w00t:

Edited by Why So Serious?

Rex knows this. Just because on paper Stevie is the "#1WR" doesn't mean he automatically gets the Revis treatment.

Mr. Jackson's 27

When Maybin is in there on an obvious passing play. You may even see check down to a Center\Guard Pull sweep run play. So that Wood or Levitre can pancake and road grade Maybin or at least I dream this will happen. 3rd and 15, Jackson sweep at Maybin. 1st and 10. That would be awesome :w00t:

If the jets are pass rushing into the wind, that's enough to road grade maybin.

I'll tell you guys, I do love that move that Stevie makes...I can't explain it, but you know the move I'm talking about.

I would love to see him get away with that at least once against Revis.

Additionally, if you throw Revis' way Fitzy please just make sure that it is deep and very close to the sidelines.

...If Stevie can't catch it,t hen no one should.

GO BILLS!!

I'll tell you guys, I do love that move that Stevie makes...I can't explain it, but you know the move I'm talking about.

I would love to see him get away with that at least once against Revis.

Additionally, if you throw Revis' way Fitzy please just make sure that it is deep and very close to the sidelines.

...If Stevie can't catch it,t hen no one should.

GO BILLS!!

its called the "Stevie Shimmy"

Mr. Jackson's 27

I posted in a different thread, a couple of days ago, that I believe the Bills' offense is designed to attack the Jets and take away what they do best. When your passing game gets the ball out of Fitz' hands in two freaking seconds, you're only asking your receivers to get off the line clean -- which is exactly the type of receivers the Bills have in Stevie, Nelson, and Jones. Add the screen game, and I think Buffalo is going to move the ball with consistency on Sunday. The Jets are foolish if they bring a ton of blitzes.

I completely agree that the "Revis Island" factor will be minimized by Gailey's offense. Last year is a non-issue; Revis missed both games (and I've erased them from my memory).

I posted in a different thread, a couple of days ago, that I believe the Bills' offense is designed to attack the Jets and take away what they do best. When your passing game gets the ball out of Fitz' hands in two freaking seconds, you're only asking your receivers to get off the line clean -- which is exactly the type of receivers the Bills have in Stevie, Nelson, and Jones. Add the screen game, and I think Buffalo is going to move the ball with consistency on Sunday. The Jets are foolish if they bring a ton of blitzes.

I completely agree that the "Revis Island" factor will be minimized by Gailey's offense. Last year is a non-issue; Revis missed both games (and I've erased them from my memory).

A lot of the time they'll play tight press at the line, so getting the ball out early plays into their hands. They will show blitz nearly every time (although often get out of it when the ball is snapped) to get you to throw early. I prefer "bunch" patterns that don't separate until later down the field which interferes with their desire to play man and conceals the primary target. Key of course is not getting knocked off your route before it develops and QB making smart decisions, which counter-intuitively to a lot of people means being patient to the let the the WRs seperate downfield. Of course this also relies on good pass protection. Bottom line to beating the Jets, just like any team, is execution ... pass protect, stay in your routes, find the open guy etc etc = win the game.

This is where freddie is big too and I bet giving th nightmares. He can get it clicking on the ground which makes the secondary play more off the line and in the center of the field in run support. And passing plays if jets bring the blitz they always show he can stay in and block or run to the non pressure side as a quick outlet. If they back off he can run underneath and catch a pass for solid yardage and break some given the secondary is locked up in man and the LBs are back peddling, almost like a west coast look which freddies ability to run in space and up the middle is another huge asset. These arent necessarily yiur big gainers but 4 and 5 yard jabs will still keep the xhains moving Freddie is key and bills haven't had a back since thermal that could do all this.

If we are effective at picking up their blitzes going to be a real long day for them, not only because of Freddie but now those highly effective delayed separation bunch patterns have time to develop for big passing yards.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack