Well, its not pretty easy to tell I work

stevestojan

Today, my boss walks in with a huuuge box, and tells me my job is to "figure these out, then take on to IT, one to reception, one to the programmers, one to Customer Service, one to the Fraud dept, and one stays here"... I open the box, and there are six of THESE things in there:

http://www.robosapienonline.com/

We have been basically playing with these all day. After working with it for a while, you can get the hang of making him pick things up, etc.

Our look just like the one on that front page, except where the white is, ours are "chrome" like this one:

http://www.gadgetshop.com/new_product_imag...opped/17593.jpg

The only thing that sucks is the remote control is infra-red, so if two get too close together, one remote will control both of them,...

other than that, they are a sweet waste of time, and a cool gift for your kids... (or yourself! :w00t: )

Cool stuff. Ive seen them at Frys and also on Tech TV(formally) now G4TV. How many things can they do? Are they rechargable?

174262[/snapback]

not rechargeable... takes 4 D batteries (two in each foot)... and three AAA in the remote.

He is completly remote controled.. he can walk, pick things up, dance (funny as hell), burp, fart, whistle, throw (kind of)..

Does that thing serve any purpose?  Or is it just some sort of animated Furby on steroids?

174468[/snapback]

it is just an animated Furby on Steroids...

you could have it walk over, pick up a piece of garbage, and walk it to the trash can and throw it in...

that is of course if you have 20 minutes and the patience to do it... after all, it is just $100... can't expect it to get ya a beer.

But, at work, the wars have already begun... the IT guys have a wireless web cam attached to the head of theirs. The thing is noisy when it walks, so it won't be very stealth, but leave it to the IT guys to have it modified within an hour of having gtheir hands on it.

I remember something from John Madden's first book when one of the offensive lineman used to send his RC tank out to get his mail from the mailman at training camp. Apparently a couple of other players thought they'd screw with him (I think it was Dave Dalby) and blew it up with firecrackers.

Dalby was hella pissed and tried to kill the culprits on the practice field. Ah, boys and their toys.

But, at work, the wars have already begun... the IT guys have a wireless web cam attached to the head of theirs. The thing is noisy when it walks, so it won't be very stealth, but leave it to the IT guys to have it modified within an hour of having gtheir hands on it.

174728[/snapback]

I've got a friend that did that with his cats...yes, he got wireless X10 cams and hooked them to his cats' collars to see what they did when they went outside. And yes, he's in IT.

Come to think of it, that robot would be a pretty cool cat tormenting device... :devil:

I've got a friend that did that with his cats...yes, he got wireless X10 cams and hooked them to his cats' collars to see what they did when they went outside.  And yes, he's in IT.

Come to think of it, that robot would be a pretty cool cat tormenting device...  :devil:

174734[/snapback]

Especially if you could arm it with one of those C02 BB guns like on the little battleships. Heinous fun.

Do they sell them at Best Buy? :devil:

Especially if you could arm it with one of those C02 BB guns like on the little battleships.  Heinous fun.

Do they sell them at Best Buy?  :devil:

174737[/snapback]

Yes, they do.

And I still have that 20mW laser in the trunk of my car...

That's what I put at the top of my Christmas list. The chrome and metallic blue ones are available through Sharper Image, you can find the white ones just about anywhere.

One of the kids at the Bills Christmas party got one. All the adults were checking it out.

You can find them at BJ's and Compgeeks.com for $79

That's what I put at the top of my Christmas list. The chrome and metallic blue ones are available through Sharper Image, you can find the white ones just about anywhere.

One of the kids at the Bills Christmas party got one. All the adults were checking it out.

You can find them at BJ's and Compgeeks.com for $79

174792[/snapback]

yeah, that's where my boss got them - sharper image... they don't do anythign extra, they are just silver... ???

anyway, they are more fun that useful, but with a big enough arsenal of batteries, they could be a ton of fun.