Maybin- 3 page NY Daily News Article

dloroch

Being praised personally and professionally in NY. Meh. Personally I still think he sucks but I guess we'll see. IMO no matter what the Jets think he is too small. Did not know about his personal struggles, however I do believe this article glosses over some immaturity and work ethic problems early on (and IMO regardless of what anyone else says existed to the moment he checked in at 228 this summer).

Bottom line is the guy was given every chance, over $14M, and 3 years to figure it out here. In the end he still didn't have a clue and was 228lbs. He's a glorified blitzing CB now basically. Congratulations.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-jets-aaron-maybin-turns-painting-poetry-deal-tragedies-including-death-son-article-1.969039

Edited by dayman

The kid has found a home and a system....leave it be....I just want him to be a factor the Sunday outside of that I knew he could play at this level

Hey I'm fine with it I just don't like it when the story is re-written. What that story says is not fair to the Bills IMO and it straight up lies about Maybin. Also, I don't understand the end of your post.

Since Maybin left, the Bills have a better record than last year. The girls-in-green, not so much. Who's the winner here?...Does he really make them a better team? I don't think so.

Do you really think Maybin leaving has anything to do with the Bills record improving? He was on the field before he left and he isn't now (for the Bills) so what affect did he have?

Do you really think Maybin leaving has anything to do with the Bills record improving? He was on the field before he left and he isn't now (for the Bills) so what affect did he have?

Maybe not directly, but he is no longer taking up a roster spot; and, it demonstrated to the rest of the team that no matter where you are drafted, you better buy into the system and perform, or you will be sent packing.

Maybe not directly, but he is no longer taking up a roster spot; and, it demonstrated to the rest of the team that no matter where you are drafted, you better buy into the system and perform, or you will be sent packing.

True. Say what you will, I think it ****s up the team dynamic when there get to be too many crap draft picks making huge money and guys like Fred, Stevie, and Fitzy are out there being the real team.

I have no ill-will towards Maybin. He didn't fail here because of lack of effort or an attitude that he should be handed something because of where he was drafted. To a man the Bills acknowledged he worked extremely hard and even Chan has mentioned it on many occasions. For whatever reason, things didn't work out here, and he has moved on where he is doing a pretty good job for his new team. I wish him well, and he should be held up as an example of what happens to a player when they work hard and never quit despite things not always going there way and not living up to high expectations at first...

That said, I hope Fred Jackson pancakes the hell out of him a few times at the Ralph this weekend!

Aaron Maybin: Rex Ryan saw something that Bills’ coaches didn’t:

When you get between five and seven plays a game, that’s not really an opportunity,” Maybin told Sean Jensen for Yahoo Sports. “There was something the Bills’ coaching staff didn’t see that Rex Ryan and that coaching staff did. Whatever it is, I can’t tell you or put my finger on it. I can sit here and try to focus on why that is. But it doesn’t matter anymore.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/05/aaron-maybin-rex-ryan-saw-something-that-bills-coaches-didnt/

I do not hate Maybin like so many here who cannot forgive him his draft status, but I refuse to buy into this redemption meme.

He held out his entire rookie training camp, a decision that showed immaturity from the start, and that dogged him ever since. He has made no effort to develop the football skills he lacked coming out of PSU, and is still doing the same thing he always did... run around after the QB. I hope he finds inner peace and all that, but I do not miss him.