How to beat the Jets?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is going to be all about the trenches. The Jets pounded the Bills into submission last year, and they have returned to that style of play, as their O-line is their strength. As I said in my pre-season prediction, this is THE game that will determine the Bills post-season chances. This is also the game where the Bills will once and for all show they are physical enough to compete with AND BEAT ANY team.

On O: we haven't seen it much lately, but I think this could be a game where Spiller and Jackson are both lined up in the backfield. If the edge is a JETs weakness as JETS said, then mixing things up with Fred and Spiller would be a good option. By that I mean, sometimes keeping both back, sometimes spreading Spiller, and sometimes spreading Jackson.

On D: This is where the game will be won--stopping the run. Despite the 9 sacks Sunday, it was the run D that was most impressive to me. The front 3, and sometimes 4, were really active and aggressive. The Jets will try to dominate the LOS, and the Bills have something to prove. I might tape the game just to watch this part of the game again.

This IS West(ern) Side (of NY) Story--the Jets vs the Sharks (err...Bills). Let's get ready to RRRRUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMBBBBBLLLLLLLLLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've watched a lot of tape on Revis, and his strength is on the outside as he uses the sidelines very well, better than anyone. He's vulnerable to timed passes on the outside but you have to be perfect on them. Where hs is mediocre, IMO (Mediocre not the right word as he is still way above average) is covering people in space. If he is assigned to SJ, then SJ needs to play in the slot if he hopes to have a chance of catching a few balls. If we do attack him on the outside, then there is ALWAYS a split second where he looks away to get his bearings. He does this on go routes all the time. What he does is on go routes, he turns away from the receiver and darts to the sidelines cutting off the route to the receiver, impeading their progress. This isn't pass interference as he's the first to this spot and ahead. This is his whole technique, and uses the sidelines better than anyone perhaps ever. In the middle though, SJ with his clever moves can beat him in the slot. I would still not have Fitzy throw to him too often, to be honest because Revis is a referee darling, and can do no wrong. Best to attack on the ground to open the passing game. Lot's of screens, and down the seam type passing. On defense, if we can get to Sanchez like we did Beck (Not likely) then I wouldn't worry too much about pulling this one out.

The Jet's will be up for this game, so we better be ready! However, unlike previous years, I feel pretty good about our chances.

Bills 23 Jets 10

Tim-

Look man, whoever Revis is covering, probably Steve Johnson, is just going to be shut down. The simple solution is throw it to someone else.