Is it time to start "cheering" for the Dolphins?

rayray808

Somehow I don't see any team besides the Colts getting Andrew Luck

Bill Polian must be making payoffs to other teams to tank games...31-21 loss to the Saints with that superstar AJ Feely at QB for St Louis :w00t:

The first QB since 1983 to have a rating as high as John Elway ....and suddenly the Colts14 year veteran QB Payton Manning needs season ending neck Surgery. the team floundering on so many levels and yet the Colts state the HC's job is secure....something stinks :blink:

BTW, did anyone else catch that Standford 56-48 triple OT win against USC ?

Edited by Fear the Beard

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow I don't see any team besides the Colts getting Andrew Luck

Bill Polian must be making payoffs to other teams to tank games...31-21 loss to the Saints with that superstar AJ Feely at QB for St Louis :w00t:

The first QB since 1983 to have a rating as high as John Elway ....and suddenly the Colts14 year veteran QB Payton Manning needs season ending neck Surgery. the team floundering on so many levels and yet the Colts state the HC's job is secure....something stinks :blink:

are you implying peyton's injury is a just a show? i mean, the dude is getting stem cell treatments done in europe. i think you're reaching.

are you implying peyton's injury is a just a show? i mean, the dude is getting stem cell treatments done in europe. i think you're reaching.

Manning underwent another surgery on his neck in September at the start of the season, his 3rd procedure in 19 months.There is no doubt that Manning needed the surgery.

http://espn.go.com/n...re-surgery-neck

What I'm implying is that the most brilliant GM / president in the NFL in Bill Polian went into this season with no alternative at QB besides Curtis Painter, who looked halfway decent at QB during the preseason. But then just before the season starts the Colts bring in and start an old vet QB Kerry Collins who had a history of being a bad QB when thrown into a new system, he went on IR after week 3.

Can you explain how the Saints played against the Rams this week? I mean the previous week the Saints beat the Colts 62-7 with 38 rushing attempts by Saints RB's. Then they go to St Louis this week, against a team who had just been beaten like a red headed stepchild by the Cowboys, the Rams allowed the Cowboy rookie RB to rush for 253 yards on 25 carries. So what does the brilliant mind of Sean Payton do? Does he try and run the ball, hell no! Saints RB's only had 19 rushes against the worst defense against the run in the NFL. Makes no sense to me.

let's face it... Miami's season is done.

I for one, do not want to face Andrew Luck twice a year for the next 10 years given his potential.

So again I ask, should we be rooting for the Dolphins to get some wins from here on out?

I will cheer for the Dolphins if it benefits the Bills, i.e., against the Pats or Jets, or at the end of a season if we need someone to lose to them for us to get in the Playoffs. There is alot of talk about Luck pulling a Eli Manning on draft day and refusing to play for an organization like the Dolphins, and he is only a junior so who knows what will happen. I will wait until this season is over before I concern myself with the 2012 draft.

I've been rooting for Miami all season either because I wanted their opponent to lose or I don't want them to get Luck. It's important. Luck > Marino

And if he equals Marino, the Bills had a pretty good record against the Marino led Dolphins.

Exactly. Bill Simmons tweeted that he wants the Pats to throw their next game with the Fins just to keep Luck out of the division.

Luck is not a Sidney Crosby or LeBron James type player. And besides, how many rings does LeBron have??

I've been rooting for Miami all season either because I wanted their opponent to lose or I don't want them to get Luck. It's important. Luck > Marino

Luck is NOT better than Marino. Look at the numbers Marino put up at Pitt with less talent around him in a time when teams ran the ball a majority of the plays.

I'll only root for Miami 4 times: when they play the Jets and Pats. (2X each).

Luck is not a Sidney Crosby or LeBron James type player. And besides, how many rings does LeBron have??

Luck is NOT better than Marino. Look at the numbers Marino put up at Pitt with less talent around him in a time when teams ran the ball a majority of the plays.

I'll only root for Miami 4 times: when they play the Jets and Pats. (2X each).

How many rings does Jordan have? Because Luck is graded out to be the best QB since 1983 and John Elway.

Luck is rated as good as John Elway, the first player selected in that 83 draft. Not Dan Marino who was taken 27th by the Dolphins in the first round.

Yea same, I hope the Jets,Pats and Phins all ruin each others year

BTW, did anyone else catch that Standford 56-48 triple OT win against USC ?

After a so-so first half, both offenses woke up and the shoot-put between Luck and Barkley became one of the most exciting games in college ball this season, IMO.

(Those USC Song Girls are pretty easy on the eyes, too!)

Personally, if the Bills had any shot at either of them, I'd much prefer Barkley - though I thought it was pure brilliance of Luck to finally end the thing by willing USC's Curtis McNeal to fumble just as he was about to cross the goal line, tie the game, and force yet another OT :rolleyes:

Oh Bill is good...scary good, even..so good, in fact, that you can bet he'll make this all look legit B-)

(You didn't see him pulling this crap with Manning's neck last year for Cam Newton - or in 2010, when everyone else thought Sam Bradford, Tim Tebow, Jimmy 'The Emu' Clausen, et al were all the rage)

I hope they win ONE game. Only one.

Like I said, I don't care if they get Andy-Boy - but if they DO win only one, I hope it's against the Cheatriettes*...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

17 and 2 baby!!!! :thumbsup:

Nothing would be better than seeing that franchise go 0-16. Would be nice to go with 1972 team.

Yea, then they can drink champagne after their first win of every season... lol

I hope both the Colts and Dolphins go 0-14 into the final 2 weeks of the season.

Then Dolphins hurt themselves and help us at the same time by knocking off NE and NYJ to finish 2-14

Eh. Hopefully we won't need them to do that ;)

Edited by SouthGeorgiaBillsFan

I will cheer for the Dolphins if it benefits the Bills, i.e., against the Pats or Jets, or at the end of a season if we need someone to lose to them for us to get in the Playoffs. There is alot of talk about Luck pulling a Eli Manning on draft day and refusing to play for an organization like the Dolphins, and he is only a junior so who knows what will happen. I will wait until this season is over before I concern myself with the 2012 draft.

Too late then.

Personally I'd rather see the Dolphins infused with new confidence, a new attitude, a new franchise QB, a new coach, and all the expectations in the world of being a decent team...and THEN destroying them season after season and crushing their hopes and dreams and devouring their souls for all eternity. But maybe that's just me. But I won't be rooting for them any time soon.

I'm with you there. Squish the fish is great no matter how good they are. The better to eat them alive, then when they are bloated and near dead.

Yes.

Polian ..I am sure has had several heart to hearts w his head coach.Kelly,Manning,Luck...not bad Bill.

Polian Derangement Syndrome....

I get it that people here want to worship the ground Saint Bill, the Holy Winner, walks upon, but I ask you: Do you realize that implying that he is losing on purpose this year would actually mark him as one of the most dishonest NFL front office men of all time? and that, all joking aside, sucking for Luck is a violation of NFL rules?

Worship the man all you want, but have some respect for the game, and for the possibilty that the Colts stink without Manning not because Bill Polian is a Genius, but because he and his son have done a mediocre job maintaining the team he has built.

Sheesh.

Edited by RJ (not THAT RJ)