MCCAIN..AWESOME SPEECH

McCain:  Great Speech - Lousy Delivery

Rudi:  Lousy Speech - Great Delivery

Ron Silver:  Nice Job.  A bit over dramatic, but that is what I expected from an actor.

12517[/snapback]

Didn't see Silver's speech...But me personnaly...great speechs and delivery by Rudy and John. Rudy's a little long but effective.

McCain's heart wasn't in it. Looked like the whole thing was a trip to the dentist for him.

Rudy yammered on forever. He didn't finish until 11:20 and he had plenty of opportunities to close on high notes.

Basically as far as I can tell the argument is that we should re-elect George Bush because we were attacked on 9/11.

There were fewer words about domestic policy in tonight's speeches than there were George Bush sightings in Alabama in the 1970s.

Negative, negative, negative. Attack Kerry, attack Kerry, attack Kerry. McCain even took a gratuitous shot at Michael Moore and liked the response so much he said it again. No plan for the future.

And how about Giuliani's craven "when I saw the towers fall, I said without thinking, 'Thank God George Bush is our president'" comment. Yeah Rudy, I was saying that too when I was watching people jump to their deaths. Oh you said it without thinking -- that makes more sense. Well, at least you weren't struck mute like the guy you were thanking God was your president...

This is the best they got? Whoop de damn doo. :unsure:

I'm horribly dissappointed in John McCain. When he campaigned he was a straight talking, no stevestojan candidate. I liked him so much I would have volunteered to work on his campaign. Unfortunately the party didn't agree with me.

It appears that he has sold his soul in a bid to be the nominee in 2008. It's very very dissappointing.

Yeah, because the DNC was such a rousing success that whatever boost Kerry and his fake "reporting for duty" crap that he's already lost whatever momentum he had and he still has to sit through the RNC.

12578[/snapback]

No, we all have to sit through the RNC and their shameless constant exploitation of 9/11 victims for personal and political gain. It'll backfire on them just the same way their ridiculous Pat Buchanan/Marilyn Quayle "culture war" in 1992 blew up in their faces.

No, we all have to sit through the RNC and their shameless constant exploitation of 9/11 victims for personal and political gain.  It'll backfire on them just the same way their ridiculous Pat Buchanan/Marilyn Quayle "culture war" in 1992 blew up in their faces.

12582[/snapback]

They're not exploiting 9/11. They're doing what they should be doing; reminding everyone that when the s-h-i-t hit the fan, they took charge and responded...with little or no sensitivity for the enemy. If I were in charge of the RNC, I would have dropped the Frank Sinatra video (and I'm a Frankophile) and shown footage of people jumping from buildings because whatever hell was on their floor made jumping a good idea.

How quickly we forget...for the sake of the victory.

They're not exploiting 9/11. They're doing what they should be doing; reminding everyone that when the s-h-i-t hit the fan, they took charge and responded...with little or no sensitivity for the enemy. If I were in charge.....

12592[/snapback]

I gather that means they did their job to the best of their ability. hmmm

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
I'm horribly dissappointed in John McCain.  When he campaigned he was a straight talking, no stevestojan candidate.  I liked him so much I would have volunteered to work on his campaign.  Unfortunately the party didn't agree with me. 

It appears that he has sold his soul in a bid to be the nominee in 2008.  It's very very dissappointing.

12577[/snapback]

It's all politics now.. McCain HAS to tow the stupid conservative party line for now, but mind you, if he runs and wins the nomination in 2008, only Hilary Clinton could match up against him. Now THAT would be the most entertaining election EVER. I would liken it to a Wild West Show, full of action and excitement. If McCain wins, we finally get a competent leader, and we get to see conservative talk show hosts blow up if Hillary wins. MAN, what a great time that would be!!!

Yeah, thankfully terrorism started on 9/11.  Before that, everyone lived happily as one.

12609[/snapback]

It's amazing how one would have an irresistable urge to respond to posts not directed toward them. But you're probably right. For sure nobody paid any attention to terrorism before 9/11. If only Iraq could have been occupied just after the Gulf War, terrorism would no longer exist, Fort Iraq would already be established and the middle east would be going through a Renaissance of Democracy and good relations. Palistinians and Isrealis would be all hugs and kisses, Turks and Kurds, Iranians, Pakistinians, Indians, Saudies, North and South Koreans et. al. Spreading Democracy is truly a whole and Christian thought. Given the current times, it's the only prudent solution to terrorism. Right?

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
It's amazing how one would have an irresistable urge to respond to posts not directed toward them. But you're probably right. For sure nobody paid any attention to terrorism before 9/11. If only Iraq could have been occupied just after the Gulf War, terrorism would no longer exist, Fort Iraq would already be established and the middle east would be going through a Renaissance of Democracy and good relations. Palistinians and Isrealis would be all hugs and kisses, Turks and Kurds, Iranians, Pakistinians, Indians, Saudies, North and South Koreans et. al. Spreading Democracy is truly a whole and Christian thought. Given the current times, it's the only prudent solution to terrorism. Right?

12651[/snapback]

THE IDEA! Someone responding to ANOTHER post on a public board!

SAY IT AINT SO, JOE!!! :unsure:

A lot of people on this board seem to think that if we got rid of all the Muslims, everyone was a democracy, and the wealthy/corporations never paid any taxes, or paid little taxes, that everyone would live together in harmony, peace, and everyone would be much better off, like in Fantasyland.

Unfortunately, the world NEVER works out that way... people still have power ambitions, money talks, injustices happen, pollution continues, and ignorance abounds. Nothing will every change that.

This quote applies to the present more than any I imagine:

"It is the manners and spirit of a people which preserve a

republic in vigor. A degeneracy in these is a canker which soon

eats to the heart of its laws and constitution." --Thomas

Jefferson: Notes on Virginia, 1782.

We have been suffering from a cankerous affliction for many years now.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Sadly, you are correct with that statement...The Empire has begun to crumble...

13272[/snapback]

We all basically agree that there is a problem, and the candidates are crap, and we are being forced to choose between one of them.

DAMN IT, WE NEED TR!!

I've been saying that for a LONG time now.. said it a few days ago on the board for the first time. He'd LOVE this decade.

They're not exploiting 9/11. They're doing what they should be doing; reminding everyone that when the s-h-i-t hit the fan, they took charge and responded...with little or no sensitivity for the enemy. If I were in charge of the RNC, I would have dropped the Frank Sinatra video (and I'm a Frankophile) and shown footage of people jumping from buildings because whatever hell was on their floor made jumping a good idea.

How quickly we forget...for the sake of the victory.

12592[/snapback]

You seriously think that they chose NY and scheduled the convention so late for some reason other than to take political advantage of 9/11? Please. This is NYC, hardly a bastion of Republican voters. Prior to 9/11 it was pretty popular everywhere in the Republican states to mock out NYC as a center for liberal pansies. Bush isn't here because he can win in NY, he is here to take advantage of 9/11, pure and simple.

As far as responding when the s-h-i-t hit the fan, I thought we all responded, I wasn't aware that it was only republicans who did. Thanks for clearing that up. You see, that is what we mean by exploiting 9/11 for political gain. Acting as if you people were the only ones who responded to that tragedy. Frankly, I was never more ashamed of an American President than I was on that day. He spent the day running and clueless. I had a friend die on 9/11 that I've known since the '70s. He was no republican. I can guarantee you that he is turning over in his grave thinking that his death is being used to help re-elect GWB.

You seriously think that they chose NY and scheduled the convention so late for some reason other than to take political advantage of 9/11?  Please.  This is NYC, hardly a bastion of Republican voters.  Prior to 9/11 it was pretty popular everywhere in the Republican states to mock out NYC as a center for liberal pansies.  Bush isn't here because he can win in NY, he is here to take advantage of 9/11, pure and simple.

As far as responding when the s-h-i-t hit the fan, I thought we all responded, I wasn't aware that it was only republicans who did.  Thanks for clearing that up.  You see, that is what we mean by exploiting 9/11 for political gain.  Acting as if you people were the only ones who responded to that tragedy.  Frankly, I was never more ashamed of an American President than I was on that day.  He spent the day running and clueless.  I had a friend die on 9/11 that I've known since the '70s.  He was no republican.  I can guarantee you that he is turning over in his grave thinking that his death is being used to help re-elect GWB.

13323[/snapback]

Kind of a non-sequitar here... Just got me thinking of it...

What was that old TV commercial for Pace picante?

"Neeeew Yorrrk City?"

Then the other cowboys proceeded to tie the one cowboy up.

Sorry for my brief attempt at levity... Back to our regular scheduled program.

You seriously think that they chose NY and scheduled the convention so late for some reason other than to take political advantage of 9/11?  Please.  This is NYC, hardly a bastion of Republican voters.  Prior to 9/11 it was pretty popular everywhere in the Republican states to mock out NYC as a center for liberal pansies.  Bush isn't here because he can win in NY, he is here to take advantage of 9/11, pure and simple.

As far as responding when the s-h-i-t hit the fan, I thought we all responded, I wasn't aware that it was only republicans who did.  Thanks for clearing that up.  You see, that is what we mean by exploiting 9/11 for political gain.  Acting as if you people were the only ones who responded to that tragedy.  Frankly, I was never more ashamed of an American President than I was on that day.  He spent the day running and clueless.  I had a friend die on 9/11 that I've known since the '70s.  He was no republican.  I can guarantee you that he is turning over in his grave thinking that his death is being used to help re-elect GWB.

13323[/snapback]

OK, Mickey...I'm sure the convention scheduling being late had NOTHING to do with the fact that there was a small sporting event called the Olympics happening. FTR, I'm sure that the Republicans DO want the country to remember that we face a very serious threat from the extremists that will not subside for many years to come, unlike many on your side of the aisle who see this as a minor domestic problem.

John McCain is out for one man: John McCain. Since he became a politician, he always has been and always will be. He is one of the more clever bastards around, because he has managed to come across as independent a lot. But he is a slimeball as much as any of them from either side. Take it for what it's worth, but I lived long enough in AZ to know him, and know a lot of people that worked with him and against him in Arizona politics. He is as self-serving as it gets in politics.

Just as an example, a couple months ago he just tried to screw a lot of his constituents out of a lot of money and a lot of business and a perfect solution to a major problem at Luke Air Force Base for the ONLY reason that he wanted his name in the paper as the guy who saved it, even though he screwed both sides and didnt do a damn thing for anyone. In fact, he tried to stop a deal that everyone on both sides wanted. Then made everyone come beg him to give his public support. Nice guy that McCain.

John McCain is out for one man: John McCain. Since he became a politician, he always has been and always will be. He is one of the more clever bastards around, because he has managed to come across as independent a lot. But he is a slimeball as much as any of them from either side. Take it for what it's worth, but I lived long enough in AZ to know him, and know a lot of people that worked with him and against him in Arizona politics. He is as self-serving as it gets in politics.

Just as an example, a couple months ago he just tried to screw a lot of his constituents out of a lot of money and a lot of business and a perfect solution to a major problem at Luke Air Force Base for the ONLY reason that he wanted his name in the paper as the guy who saved it, even though he screwed both sides and didnt do a damn thing for anyone. In fact, he tried to stop a deal that everyone on both sides wanted. Then made everyone come beg him to give his public support. Nice guy that McCain.

13643[/snapback]

What he said.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
People forget McCain's past, here's a reminder of this Keating boy:

http://www.realchange.org/mccain.htm

13653[/snapback]

You DARE compare McCain to the REST of these fools, who have done MUCH WORSE?? As far as I am concerned, veterans groups these days are embarassing the military when they come out and accuse people of things without any legitimate proof. I can't believe people are capable of stooping that low!

Read books of accounts by former POW's that were written after the war, long before the days McCain became a national figure, and you'll get the real truth, the undoctored story. My personal favorite is a POW book written by Jim Mulligan.