My Bills related post

BillsNYC

Definitely Reed.  Moulds is just too inconsistent.  You could always count on Reed to make the big catch.

173561[/snapback]

Like a key 3rd and one in the Superbowl, that would have likely iced the game in the first half?

It is very hard to compare the two, because Moulds hasn't played with the same offensive cast that Reed was blessed to be a part of. For all the faults that people throw on Moulds, Reed has been guilty of his share. Inconsistency was the name of Reed's game as well, but passage of time is giving him a free pass.

I'd say that if you plugged Moulds into K-Gun, his production would have been much higher than Reed's. Conversely, if you plug Reed into the post K-gun era, you get.... Reed in the post K-Gun era.

Like a key 3rd and one in the Superbowl, that would have likely iced the game in the first half?

It is very hard to compare the two, because Moulds hasn't played with the same offensive cast that Reed was blessed to be a part of.  For all the faults that people throw on Moulds, Reed has been guilty of his share.  Inconsistency was the name of Reed's game as well, but passage of time is giving him a free pass.

I'd say that if you plugged Moulds into K-Gun, his production would have been much higher than Reed's.  Conversely, if you plug Reed into the post K-gun era, you get.... Reed in the post K-Gun era.

173606[/snapback]

I'm not sure, though I think E.Moulds would have been wicked with Kelly and may not have the concentration losses we see so often (Jimbo would have spent Tuesday-Sat in his grill). It certainly would be interesting to see the 2 switched.

For my money, neither holds a candle to Jerry Butler.

Andre without question. For about three years he was in a class that only Jerry Rice could touch and surpass. Eric is one of the top receivers in the NFL but he has never set himself apart from the pack the way Andre did.

173558[/snapback]

Having one single QB throughout your career helps.......

The threat of Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas helped Reed develop into

a great player.....Unfortunately for Moulds in his 9 years in the league

he had to deal with avg running backs and QBs who ran for their life.

Other than the two great years he had with Flutie and Bledsoe he has

been part of an offense that has struggled...Look at the QBs who have

thrown to him

Todd Collins, Billy Joe Hobert, Rob Johnson, Van Pelt

Strangely, Reed, the more consistent one, imploded at the absolute worst times.

Both are great players. I would say Andre by a nosehair would be my choice. Although we all may feel differently if Moulds was on the Andre teams and vice versa. We also cannot forget that Andre tried to leave the Bills for the big money and came crawling back, while Moulds took perhaps less money to stay a Bill (Granted, it wasn't ALL that big a sacrifice, but still).