Fred Jackson

Bufcomments

If he continues like this Is there anybody more deserving than Action Jackson??

601 yds rushing. 24 catches 11.6 per .

Capt. of 4-2 team that put the only loss on the Pats this year. 6 points from being undefeated.

Game changing play in every game.

Fans at home games ( yea you too Toronto...respect) should start to cant MVP every time Fred makes a play over 20 yds. This is not a request...its an order. B-)

Only players playing better than Fred is right now is Rodgers and Brady. That is it.

Your thoughts ??

Best all around back in the NFL right now no doubt about it. He does everything and does it well. If Rogers were not playing out of this world, Freddie would get MVP. The issue to see will be who can keep up the pace all season long. I think Rogers and Freddie are a bit ahead of Brady. But, if you look at what they have to work with, Freddie a questionable OL, the edge could tip to him.

Like I said this is an order...not a request :)

I'll join in or even start the chants in the tunnel side end zone every week. However I think 20 yard plays are a bit small. It's gotta be over 30 or a TD I think.

To add to your point, I went to a Raiders game the year they went to the superbowl. They were playing the Broncos during the 2nd last game of the season. At the time Rich Gannon was highly recognized as an MVP candidate. I remember being only a few rows up from the black hole where Gannon scrambled for about 12 yards to get into the end zone and the place erupted. MVP chants most of the game. It was absolutely awesome.

The moral of this story is that if we get these guys believing they are great, they will play that way. Chanting MVP for Freddy every time he touches the ball for a big gain, he will play harder, the line will block better, the coach will recognize what is happening and get him the ball more and as a whole we will be more confident and in turn successful. We heard in interviews after the Eagles game that they stuck with Freddie because they couldn't argue with the crowd, they realized what was happening right before thier eyes. We can just nudge them along from now on. Go Bills. Freddie for MVP!!!

Odds are Freddy will slow down significantly in a few years. But what if he's the exception? What if he has Marcus Allen longevity? What if he has even better lasting genes than Marcus? Odds are against it but so far, considering how Freddy is showing more each year, who would bet against him? Perhaps with the way he seems to avoid the big hits, he'll prolong his progressing career. Perhaps even next year with a more experienced O-line he could do just as well or slightly better. We do not know this man's limits and cannot say he is about to hit the wall. Maybe today's 30 is the new 27 for him?

Edited by Pilsner

I openly admit that I started "Freddy" chants on the Bills lower level sidelines during the Eagles game. After he scored his TD, he entertained the crowd with a little dance and cupping his ears to enact hearing the crowd. "MVP" and "Freddy" should both be resonating through the Ralph on Sundays.

I'll join in or even start the chants in the tunnel side end zone every week. However I think 20 yard plays are a bit small. It's gotta be over 30 or a TD I think.

To add to your point, I went to a Raiders game the year they went to the superbowl. They were playing the Broncos during the 2nd last game of the season. At the time Rich Gannon was highly recognized as an MVP candidate. I remember being only a few rows up from the black hole where Gannon scrambled for about 12 yards to get into the end zone and the place erupted. MVP chants most of the game. It was absolutely awesome.

The moral of this story is that if we get these guys believing they are great, they will play that way. Chanting MVP for Freddy every time he touches the ball for a big gain, he will play harder, the line will block better, the coach will recognize what is happening and get him the ball more and as a whole we will be more confident and in turn successful. We heard in interviews after the Eagles game that they stuck with Freddie because they couldn't argue with the crowd, they realized what was happening right before thier eyes. We can just nudge them along from now on. Go Bills. Freddie for MVP!!!

like I said chanting MVP is a direct order... do what you have to do start the chant and people will follow.

ok 25 yds or more ,we split the difference...make it happen. Good post by the way