Road games

I said it before the game, i wanted to see how Buffalo played on the road against a good team.

They looked good in this game at times and others they looked bad.

That goes for the entire team. Chan and Fitz looked suspect- to say it nicely.

On the road you maybe wont get some of the quetsionable calls, and may have a few go against you.

Also the crowd isn't there to help disrupt opposing teams chemistry.

The Bills are 4-2. I am happy with that record, i think we all should be. And i by no means think this is the same type of team as 2008(The Washington Redskins of this year are that team).

There is going to be some growing pains with a young team, one of the biggest ones is winning on the road. But the Bills played a good solid Giants team close. And if they can correct a few mental mistakes, they will start winning some of these.

I said it before the game, i wanted to see how Buffalo played on the road against a good team.

They looked good in this game at times and others they looked bad.

That goes for the entire team. Chan and Fitz looked suspect- to say it nicely.

On the road you maybe wont get some of the quetsionable calls, and may have a few go against you.

Also the crowd isn't there to help disrupt opposing teams chemistry.

The Bills are 4-2. I am happy with that record, i think we all should be. And i by no means think this is the same type of team as 2008(The Washington Redskins of this year are that team).

There is going to be some growing pains with a young team, one of the biggest ones is winning on the road. But the Bills played a good solid Giants team close. And if they can correct a few mental mistakes, they will start winning some of these.

and if Fitz connects on one of those passes to Stevie for a TD instead of an INT, we win and they both look like geniuses.

You do realize that the other team was a good team and they were actually trying to win the game just like we were?

and if Fitz connects on one of those passes to Stevie for a TD instead of an INT, we win and they both look like geniuses.

You do realize that the other team was a good team and they were actually trying to win the game just like we were?

There were more then a few times yesterday the play calling reminded me of Dick jauron.

The long feildgoal before halftime.

Trying the same short yardage play over and over and it getting stuffed.

Passing the ball when on the 25yd w 4 mins left, and not using more the clock.

I said the Giants are a good team, but the entire team, including the coaches has to learn how to win on the road for this team to make a playoff run. That is my point.

If the Bills go 8-8 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs it wont be a moral victory. It will be another set back.

You can not come out 4-1 and then implode again and not make the playoffs. Therefore they wil need to learn to beat solid teams on the road, or we will be watching another promising start turn into a disappointing season.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

There were more then a few times yesterday the play calling reminded me of Dick jauron.

I said the Giants are a good team, but the entire team, including the coaches has to learn how to win on the road for this team to make a playoff run. That is my point.

If the Bills go 8-8 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs it wont be a moral victory. It will be another set back.

You can not come out 4-1 and then implode again and not make the playoffs. Therefore they wil need to learn to beat solid teams on the road, or we will be watching another promising start turn into a disappointing season.

I disagree, if the Bills go 8-8 or 9-7 it would not be a disappointing season. Especially when a lot of the "experts" said the Bills were in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

I see the Bills as an up-and-coming team, not as a Super Bowl contender. We still have many issues on defense that need to be fixed. We are giving up too many yards and what we lack in sacks we make up for in takeaways. But we need to get pressure on opposing QB's. Manning had all day to throw and that hurt us.

I disagree, if the Bills go 8-8 or 9-7 it would not be a disappointing season. Especially when a lot of the "experts" said the Bills were in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

I see the Bills as an up-and-coming team, not as a Super Bowl contender. We still have many issues on defense that need to be fixed. We are giving up too many yards and what we lack in sacks we make up for in takeaways. But we need to get pressure on opposing QB's. Manning had all day to throw and that hurt us.

That was before the season started.

Winning is contagious, just like losing. If the Bills want to turn this franchise around, this is the year to do it.

No excuses at this point...they have already beaten NE and Philly. The 2 teams the so called experts were picking as SB teams for this year.

My point is they have shown they can beat good teams at home. They just need to go do it on the road and then they are 10-6 or 11-5 and in the playoffs.

Find some more pieces in the off season and stay focused, maybe next year is the SB run!

That was before the season started.

Winning is contagious, just like losing. If the Bills want to turn this franchise around, this is the year to do it.

No excuses at this point...they have already beaten NE and Philly. The 2 teams the so called experts were picking as SB teams for this year.

My point is they have shown they can beat good teams at home. They just need to go do it on the road and then they are 10-6 or 11-5 and in the playoffs.

Find some more pieces in the off season and stay focused, maybe next year is the SB run!

You have unrealistic expectations IMO.

Do you really think a team with ZERO pass rush, suspect cornerbacks, and other weaknesses is a playoff team?

This is a good, young improving team in the 2nd year of a rebuild. They are ahead of schedule.

I'm one of those guys who usually doesn't change my 5 month projections based on 6 weeks.

A lot of people on this board really have difficulty keeping things in perspective.

You have unrealistic expectations IMO.

Do you really think a team with ZERO pass rush, suspect cornerbacks, and other weaknesses is a playoff team?

This is a good, young improving team in the 2nd year of a rebuild. They are ahead of schedule.

I'm one of those guys who usually doesn't change my 5 month projections based on 6 weeks.

A lot of people on this board really have difficulty keeping things in perspective.

I think you are more of a pessimst or slow to change?

Look at the GB Packers last year. How many starters did they end up losing by the time they played in and WON the SB.

Now i am not asking for a SB victory-practicing a little realism- but a playoff birth isn't too much to ask.

Not when you start 4-2 and already beaten a couple quality opponents at home- do this on the road, and they are in!

Coaching and determination can overcome a lot deficencies.

Remember this team 2 years ago. The talent and coaching wasn't anywhere near where it is, but they played with heart.

And for the most part where in a lot of games.

Now is the year to turn the corner. Its like a race where you look up and realize the other runners have given you a head start. What should you do? stop and wait for them to catch up? or run harder and try to win?

Look at the GB Packers last year. How many starters did they end up losing by the time they played in and WON the SB.

Now i am not asking for a SB victory-practicing a little realism- but a playoff birth isn't too much to ask.

Not when you start 4-2 and already beaten a couple quality opponents at home- do this on the road, and they are in!

Remember this team 2 years ago. The talent and coaching wasn't anywhere near where it is, but they played with heart.

Now is the year to turn the corner. Its like a race where you look up and realize the other runners have given you a head start. What should you do? stop and wait for them to catch up? or run harder and try to win?

This team is srill building. They have some good young players and some decent veteran leaders, but really no playmakers on D. I believe that they are probably not quite as good as their record shows and I will be surprised if they get to 10 wins. They have already exceeded my expectations. I playoff spot would be amazing given the fact that I was expecting 4-5 wins. I like the direction they are headed and I will enjoy this season. If we make the playoffs, great. If we finish above .500 I will be satisfied with a very good (and surprising) season. The only way I can end up disappointed is if they completely fall apart and finish under .500

I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Because they've had some early success/luck you are now demanding playoffs. The Bills are truly not a playoff caliber team yet and please stop with the Green Bay comparisons, it just makes you sound stupid.

Edited by Maddog69

This team is srill building. They have some good young players and some decent veteran leaders, but really no playmakers on D. I believe that they are probably not quite as good as their record shows and I will be surprised if they get to 10 wins. They have already exceeded my expectations. I playoff spot would be amazing given the fact that I was expecting 4-5 wins. I like the direction they are headed and I will enjoy this season. If we make the playoffs, great. If we finish above .500 I will be satisfied with a very good (and surprising) season. The only way I can end up disappointed is if they completely fall apart and finish under .500

I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Because they've had some early success/luck you are now demanding playoffs. The Bills are truly not a playoff caliber team yet and please stop with the Green Bay comparisons, it just makes you sound stupid.

Really?

I said GB made it to and won the SB with out many key players. Go back and look.

So, sorry maybe you are the stupid one that likes to mire in the ghosts of seasons past.

What if you and i are watching the emergence of good young players? This is their year to come onto the scene.

Sorry bud, but if we want this team to become something for us to watch and enjoy for years, it starts this year.

Like Chan says, he expects to win every game. And up till now, they have been right there with less then a minute left. They just need to learn how to do it on the road.

You Guys say you are realists? I say you are pessimists.

If you're calling me a pessimist, you don't spend very much time on this board… or you don't pay attention to who says what.

I was pleased when the team hired Nix and then Gailey. I've enjoyed this season immensely. I've said numerous times that this team is heading in the right direction. I was happy with the waivers acquisitions of Urbik and Rinehart. There are very few things about this team that I criticize.

That said, you're way off comparing this team to the Green Bay Packers. The talent differential between the two teams is very substantial.

As much as I love Fitz and think that he's an above average NFL starter, he's no comparison to A Rodgers.

Our underrated O-line is probably as good as theirs is but the Bills have no receivers who compare with Greg Jennings. I love our no-name receiving group but it's questionable whether any of our receivers are as good as Donald Driver or Jordy Nelson. The Packers are stacked with receivers and have one of the premier talents at tight end in Jermichael Finley.

Desmond Bishop was a good enough linebacker that Nick Barnett was deemed expendable. AJ Hawk is an excellent player. The Bills have no one remotely as talented as Clay Matthews.

The Bills do not have any cornerbacks remotely as good as Tramon Williams or Charles Woodson… arguably both of those guys are top 4 cornerbacks.

Our safeties, like theirs are exceptionally good.

Fred Jackson is the one player on our team that is clearly superior to his Green Bay counterparts… one player out of 22 starters.

So you're wrong. I'm very happy with the Bills and think that they're a bit ahead of schedule on the rebuild (and think that it's ridiculous to draw comparisons to the Packers).

I have no doubt that the Bills will be a serious playoff contender… next year.

In the meantime, I expect them to win more games than they lose and hope that they can challenge for a playoff spot this year.

If you're calling me a pessimist, you don't spend very much time on this board… or you don't pay attention to who says what.

I was pleased when the team hired Nix and then Gailey. I've enjoyed this season immensely. I've said numerous times that this team is heading in the right direction. I was happy with the waivers acquisitions of Urbik and Rinehart. There are very few things about this team that I criticize.

That said, you're way off comparing this team to the Green Bay Packers. The talent differential between the two teams is very substantial.

As much as I love Fitz and think that he's an above average NFL starter, he's no comparison to A Rodgers.

Our underrated O-line is probably as good as theirs is but the Bills have no receivers who compare with Greg Jennings. I love our no-name receiving group but it's questionable whether any of our receivers are as good as Donald Driver or Jordy Nelson. The Packers are stacked with receivers and have one of the premier talents at tight end in Jermichael Finley.

Desmond Bishop was a good enough linebacker that Nick Barnett was deemed expendable. AJ Hawk is an excellent player. The Bills have no one remotely as talented as Clay Matthews.

The Bills do not have any cornerbacks remotely as good as Tramon Williams or Charles Woodson… arguably both of those guys are top 4 cornerbacks.

Fred Jackson is the one player on our team that is clearly superior to his Green Bay counterparts… one player out of 22 starters.

So you're wrong. I'm very happy with the Bills and think that they're a bit ahead of schedule on the rebuild (and think that it's ridiculous to draw comparisons to the Packers).

In the meantime, I expect them to win more games than they lose and hope that they can challenge for a playoff spot this year.

Well reasoned.

I understand and agree with most of what you are saying.

But i think the Bills have a golden opportunity to change the culture of the team, an opportunity they have earned by there play through 6 weeks.

They need to seize the opportunity, not let it slip away.

Win all your home games- very doable now.

And win 2 road games. This should get you in the play offs

Couldn't agree more. Both losses were on the road to decent teams, but both games were winnable. If this team is going to get over the hump, they have got to learn to win these close games on the road. So far they haven't proven that they can.

You are right and I generally like going for the jugular.

However, the strength of the Bills offense is Freddy's running and Fitz's short passes. The weakness of the team is deep throws. We don't have outside speed (although Stevie was open) and Fitz tends to be inaccurate on longer balls. In field goal range late in the 4th, I think we should play to our strengths.

The weakness of the Bills is our porous defense. If we play to our strength (runs, high percentage passes), we keep our weakness off the field. The Giants can't score if they don't have the ball.

Gailey rolled the dice (when he didn't really have to) and lost.