Flex games

ieatcrayonz

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure "flex" is short for flexible which implies changes can be made.

I'm pretty positive you are F$^&ing with me but here it is anyway...

"In Weeks 10-15, the schedule lists the games tentatively set for Sunday Night Football on NBC. Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game would be moved to an afternoon start time. Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday, Saturday or Monday nights. "

I'm pretty positive you are F$^&ing with me but here it is anyway...

"In Weeks 10-15, the schedule lists the games tentatively set for Sunday Night Football on NBC. Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game would be moved to an afternoon start time. Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday, Saturday or Monday nights. "

This talks about the Sunday games, not the Thursday games. I was right that "flex" stood for flexible with regard to Sunday games.

Is there another program available for Thursday, Saturday and Monday games beyond the "flex" program? Maybe they call it swap scheduling or something like that.

Running down the end of the year - almost all the night games have either Boston or NY in them- if we get bumped it'll be agaist a big market. They won't pull Boston for tennessee.

Agreed. It's partially about compelling matchups, but it's ultimately about ratings. Until that bandwagon finally empties (I was living in Boston in 2000-2003 to watch it fill up; it was quite a sight to see), the chowderheads will watch Tawmmy Brady in great numbahs.

Even though we won't be playing on Turkey Day this year, I'm so happy we finally have a good Thxgiving game slated for the first time in a long time. Packers/Lions could be epic.

Agreed. It's partially about compelling matchups, but it's ultimately about ratings. Until that bandwagon finally empties (I was living in Boston in 2000-2003 to watch it fill up; it was quite a sight to see), the chowderheads will watch Tawmmy Brady in great numbahs.

Even though we won't be playing on Turkey Day this year, I'm so happy we finally have a good Thxgiving game slated for the first time in a long time. Packers/Lions could be epic.

yuck. you had to live in Boston when all these so-called Pat's fans came out of nowhere. That sucks.

yuck. you had to live in Boston when all these so-called Pat's fans came out of nowhere. That sucks.

It was fun at the time when they pulled off the first super bowl. They hadn't all turned into entitled, bandwagon-riding d-bags yet. The Pats had no business beating the Rams, and when they did, the whole city went: "Holy sh*#, did that just happen!?" I was watching the game at a friends apartment in Beacon Hill and people literally poured into the streets and bars after that game in sub-freezing temperatures. It was kind of fun to be there to see it. But then the rest of the decade, the Sawx, the Celts, the Bruins all happened, and Boston became that which they used to despise.

It was fun at the time when they pulled off the first super bowl. They hadn't all turned into entitled, bandwagon-riding d-bags yet. The Pats had no business beating the Rams, and when they did, the whole city went: "Holy sh*#, did that just happen!?" I was watching the game at a friends apartment in Beacon Hill and people literally poured into the streets and bars after that game in sub-freezing temperatures. It was kind of fun to be there to see it. But then the rest of the decade, the Sawx, the Celts, the Bruins all happened, and Boston became that which they used to despise.

Bill Simmons just epitomizes all of that. From the loveable loser to that guy.

He's the lead-theorist on the "guys who claim the NFL changed the interference rules so that the Colts could finally beat the Pats". That's funny because I remember hearing announcers long before 2003 talking about the 5yard chuck, and how there was no contact allowed after that. But since the refs didn't actually enforce it against NE, it wasn't really a rule. But wait how do you then justify the tuck rule which was never enforced? "oh well, it was a rule". Nice hypocrisy.

Such insufferable self-absorbed scum.

This talks about the Sunday games, not the Thursday games. I was right that "flex" stood for flexible with regard to Sunday games.

Is there another program available for Thursday, Saturday and Monday games beyond the "flex" program? Maybe they call it swap scheduling or something like that.

Wow, not to be an as# here but the concept is pretty simple. The only games that the networks have an option to change the schedule for is Sunday night games, period. NBC and the NFL have the option to switch teams scheduled to play earlier that Sunday with the late game.

This applies to weeks 10-15 with week 16 set in stone (only game on Christmas Day). Week 17 has no late game scheduled so any one of Sunday's match-ups could be moved.

My put is that week 13 against TEN is our best bet. NE plays SNF in week 10 at the Jets and then host KC on MNF the following week. NE will have been in primetime 3 times by then and Indy will not be a great draw.

The other possibility is week 12 against NYJ but that chance is slim because the ratings won't be great across the country for an AFC East match-up.

Then there's always the possibility that the BUF @ NE game in week 17 will have playoff implications. Could happen!

The bigger issue here is why do we have to have Dallas and Lions every year. This year looks like one game will be great with Lions in it for once, and it's always fun rooting against Dallas. But I feel it should rotate around the league. People will watch (er, have the TV on ans sleeping on the couch) no matter who is playing.

The bigger issue here is why do we have to have Dallas and Lions every year. This year looks like one game will be great with Lions in it for once, and it's always fun rooting against Dallas. But I feel it should rotate around the league. People will watch (er, have the TV on ans sleeping on the couch) no matter who is playing.

I like the tradition of Detroit and Dallas but prefer that they "flex" or "swap" Buffalo into the game instead of Miami. We'll see what happens I suppose.

I read something in SI about this - the writer said it takes 2 weeks lead time to change...needless to say, if the Bills continue, they will get more Naitonal press. I hope they show well this week - I understand they are the national show for CBS!

Makes sense but do you think the Dallas game can be swapped?

The Dallas game is week 10, so that game can't be flexed. As for moving it to Thanksgiving that will never happen either. Tough schitt for the NFL. They made their choice.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

The Dallas game is week 10, so that game can't be flexed. As for moving it to Thanksgiving that will never happen either. Tough schitt for the NFL. They made their choice.

PTR

Flexing only applies to Sunday games. The Thursday game would be a swap, not a flex.