Dallas Game

MattM

Folks--heading to Dallas for the game next month and am starting to make my travel plans and so was wondering if anyone had any advice on hotels/areas to stay while in the Big D. Any thoughts? Many thanks in advance....

Folks--heading to Dallas for the game next month and am starting to make my travel plans and so was wondering if anyone had any advice on hotels/areas to stay while in the Big D. Any thoughts? Many thanks in advance....

you may want to look here My link

A couple of years a go I stayed at the magnolia with my wife. We really enjoyed it. It is no where near the stadium though - it is downtown.

http://www.magnoliahoteldallas.com/dallas.aspx

KH

Check out hotwire.com. I just booked a hotel/sport-ute package for $75 plus tax.

I could not see which hotel I was booking but selected a four star and ended up with the Sheraton in Dallas for that weekend.

Go Bills! :)

Check out hotwire.com. I just booked a hotel/sport-ute package for $75 plus tax.

I could not see which hotel I was booking but selected a four star and ended up with the Sheraton in Dallas for that weekend.

Go Bills! :)

Hah, was jut going to reply that is where we are staying as well. We did not get the car package..$55 for the hotel/night got a mid size though on priceline for about $20. I thought we wee staying with friends..maybe that means I be getting lucky Sat night!!! Sunday out of the question with a tailgate starting at 7.30 :blink: sucks getting old

Marriott Courtyard is right by the stadium...you can walk there polus it is close to the airport and restaurants... It's half way between dallas and Fort Worth...Though for fun - go to Fort Worth and the Stock Yards....forget Dallas proper.

Those of you using Tripit, Priceline, Hotwire - look out - there are A LOT of crappy hotels in and around the stadium...you don't want to be in the wrong place....trust me, you had better kick the tires real hard on where you stay. I used to live in there - dont be caught in the wrong place...

Those of you using Tripit, Priceline, Hotwire - look out - there are A LOT of crappy hotels in and around the stadium...you don't want to be in the wrong place....trust me, you had better kick the tires real hard on where you stay. I used to live in there - dont be caught in the wrong place...

Not to turn this into a travel thread, but I use priceline for hotels at least 5 times a month for the last 5 years, and have never, and i mean never, had an issue with their star rating of a hotel. Now, that is not to say a 4 star hotel could never be in a rough neighborhood, i just do not see it happening.Use Hotwire less, but same experience.

BTW, this site has all the priceline and hotwire hotels listed by stae and then city and then area..so you know what hotels you might get...along with a board for discussion of wining bids. Very useful tool

http://www.betterbidding.com/

Edited by plenzmd1

+1 on Courtyard on Nolan Ryan expressway. Came highly recommend by a co-worker. Work has us on the road a lot and he gave it two thumbs up. Also said not to miss stadium tours at jerry's world.

Edited by mac4095

One of my kids just moved to Dallas-Fort Worth area in August. If I didn't have a schedule conflict, I'd go see the game and stay with her..

Many thanks, all. Some good ideas. Expedia also has some air/hotel deals, but the plethora of choices makes it a bit tough to decipher.....

Dallas has little to offer. Either stay near the stadium or if you want to experience a bit of Texas then take Buffalo Bill's advice, stay in Ft. Worth. If you do then go to Buffalo Bros for some really good wings and beef on weck.

+1 on Courtyard on Nolan Ryan expressway. Came highly recommend by a co-worker. Work has us on the road a lot and he gave it two thumbs up. Also said not to miss stadium tours at jerry's world.

stadium tour already sold out Saturday before the game :thumbdown:

Beer sphere, we are in Downtown Dallas Saturday night, any cool neighborhoods with 15 to 20 minute cab ride with good restaurants/places for drinks for old folks like me. Thinking of places like Adams Morgan in DC, the Village in NYC,Federal Hill in Bmore etc.

thx in advance.

Edited by plenzmd1