Chris Hairston

I am a Bell supporter just thowing that out there......

Here is my take on the situation between Bell and Hairston

- I could tell that Hairston was a player the first time he got on the field and as a former OL and OL coach myself I know a little something about this position. What you look for first and foremost in a offensive linemen is MENTALITY....yes you need power...yes you need lateral agility.....yes you need technique....but DO YOU WANT TO DEMORALIZE the guy in front of you each and every play....do you want to WIN the battle each and every play

- Bell is a good LT because of his agility....I consider Bell to be a "wall off" left tackle with some pretty darn good technique......the reason why we run well to the left side is because he and Levitre work very well together.....you are not going to beat Bell too much on a speed rush because of his agility......

- Hairston (as he stands right now) is agile enough to hold down the speed rush aspect of it the majority of the time.....but where he really excells is his desire to just push your face in the mud on each and every play...he wants to WIN on each and every play....

- TWO reasons why you see Hairston on the ground right now.....a. His is too top heavy and needs to trim a little bit off that gut...and b. When he commits to laying a hit on somebody he COMMITS.....he is going to kill you...I have seen Hairston move a fast moving defensive back and just demolish him in pre season.....he is very powerful and he is going to impose his will on you especially in the run game.

NOW

Bell was not this good when he was a rookie....and I seriously doubt Bell is going to get any stronger then this (he had a extended offseason to gain that strength...and he IS stronger....but he will not maul you at the point of attack

Hairston's upside is scary good and its gonna be hard to keep him off the field because once he gets his body right with another NFL offseason he is going to be even quicker laterally....and will maintain his balance when he goes chasing after a defender off the line of scrimmage.

Hairston is going to be good....he is going to be REALLY good....and to sit him behind Bell would at this point after this season would be a shame

BUT

I would still like to keep Hairston, Bell, and Pears....you can NEVER have too many good offensive tackles. Just dont know how we could do that with everyone else we gotta lock up. I wonder what we could get for Bell in a trade.

Great stuff - it will be interesting to see where this goes. If all three keep producing and developing, we could possibly have a Tackle controversy of the best kind. I would say consider moving Hairston to a guard position, but it would be very hard to even think which one he would be able to replace.

Who would have ever "thunk" we'd have this problem. :rolleyes::doh::P

LT Chris Hairston vs. DE Jason Pierre-Paul:

This is a specific battle on the line to watch. Hairston had a solid game in his first start last week, it gets tougher this week. Paul leads the Giants with 6½ sacks.

This is a specific battle on the line to watch. Hairston had a solid game in his first start last week, it gets tougher this week. Paul leads the Giants with 6½ sacks.

Not only Pierre-Paul… Osi and Kiwanuka as well as Dave Tollefson can get after the QB too.

The Bills are somewhat fortunate that Justin Tuck won't play… but yes.

This is the second week in a row that we face the NFL's leading sack team… except this time we'll have to deal with crowd noise.

This week's game will be a great test for our offensive line.

It's probably also tougher this week since the Giants will now have some game tape on Hairston.

If Hairston still is impressive when Bell gets back and offense is still missing WRs then Bills should consider lining extra OT at end of line as some teams do and dictate to other teams they will need to commit another DE or LB rather than a DB.

After reading this, it basically sounds as tho you are sayin this OL still suck! It maybe game planning,schemes etc, but they still have to execute. IMO Bell has been pretty darn good..

The pistol 4 yard drop and ball out quickly, plus all the screens and basically the playcalling of Chan is making this offense what it is.. give it up for Chan, the guy is calling the right play for the situation almost all the time...

I have to say, our O-line had been the biggest surprise this year. Even with a few injuries they have been decent. A lot of credit for this goes to Gailey for the game planning.

I don't want to take away from the OL, they have far exceeded my expectations.

I did hear one of the Giants DLmen complaining that Fitz gets rid of the ball in an average of 1.5 seconds. That also explains a lot.

what we did well last year is getting Fred the Ball early and often....prior to last week we where very slow to start and settle into games, mainly because of Chan forcing is spread passing game....giving Fred the Ball in the 1st quarter allows us to keep the game close until we settle into the game and open things up.