Donald Jones injury information

pretty much. roosevelt caught a lot of mild passes, but they were able to shut us down prety much. we need someone to run deep. Jones has a lot more potential than evans, but the one thing I miss about evans is he drew double coverage pretty often. I hardly see anyone double cover jones.

and on the flipside, one think I like about jones way more than evans is the guy is a fighter. when fitz threw that int in the redzone, he didn't just stand and stare. he knocked it out of the defender's hands.

He worries me that he drops too many balls, but in all honesty, I think we are going to need him this season.

pretty much. roosevelt caught a lot of mild passes, but they were able to shut us down prety much. we need someone to run deep. Jones has a lot more potential than evans, but the one thing I miss about evans is he drew double coverage pretty often. I hardly see anyone double cover jones.

and on the flipside, one think I like about jones way more than evans is the guy is a fighter. when fitz threw that int in the redzone, he didn't just stand and stare. he knocked it out of the defender's hands.

He worries me that he drops too many balls, but in all honesty, I think we are going to need him this season.

I don't think you know what double coverage even looks like. Neither one gets doubled that much. Jones is clearly more physical at the line.

Time for Aiken to set up, he looked as good as anyone in preseason - it's his time now.

Exactly my thoughts as well. I expect to see him called up from the practice squad this week. He should hopefully be able to provide 1-2 catches/week soon with more down the road. This also will give David Nelson a shot as the #2 WR (hopefully) and I am excited to see what he can do in that role.

He needs to be given the H.E.M. treatment, which stands for Hydrotherapy, Exercise and Massage. I had a badly sprained ankle that was the size of a grapefruit and with this I was walking almost normally with no swelling or pain by the 3rd day and was back exercising by day 5....according to my doctor I should have still been on crutches...

Its amazing treatment option that works much better than the standard RICE therapy and also helps strengthen the ankle against further injury whereas the RICE regimen actually weakens the ankle and makes it more likely to injure it again...

sounds great but was your sprain a high ankle sprain? if not, we are talking about an entirely different animal with Jones' injury .....

Exactly my thoughts as well. I expect to see him called up from the practice squad this week. He should hopefully be able to provide 1-2 catches/week soon with more down the road. This also will give David Nelson a shot as the #2 WR (hopefully) and I am excited to see what he can do in that role.

So you wanna put our slowest WR in the #2 "speed WR" role? Not smart. Keep him where he is. Brad Smith or Kamar Aiken.

Maybe I'm old, but WTF is a "high angle sprain"? I never heard the term when I was active in sports. Where are the torn ligaments/tendons/blood vessels? What is swelled up? Where are the connections between the lower leg and ankle and foot damaged? Is there a "low ankle sprain" that is something different? Just asking.

I always explained it as "my ankle is f'ed up and it needs to be taped here because it hurts" and then got to watch the swelling and colour changes move around.

Edited by maryland-bills-fan

Not the way I see it, fella's. Donald Jones is a Number #1 receiver. I firmly believe Chan believes this too. HE's the speedster w/ great moves Chan needs to make this offense rock. Steveie's great, of course, but Jones is superior in many facets. I hope he's not hurt too badly. W/o him, Iggles clamped right down on us. They had no answer for Jones.

Anybody know an injury update?

not sure where you get your opinion - DJ is a not a #1, he is a #2 (....at best), & he is not a speedster- he is a physical possession receiver who has a developed a nice chemistry with Fitz; but speedster? - No

Maybe I'm old, but WTF is a "high angle sprain"? I never heard the term when I was active in sports. Where are the torn ligaments/tendons/blood vessels? What is swelled up? Where are the connections between the lower leg and ankle and foot damaged? Is there a "low ankle sprain" that is something different? Just asking.

I always explained it as "my ankle is f'ed up and it needs to be taped here because it hurts" and then got to watch the swelling and colour changes move around.

"Unlike common ankle sprains when ligaments around the ankle are torn or receive injury through an inward twisting, high ankle sprains are caused when the lower leg and foot twist out."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_ankle_sprain

High ankle sprain for Donald Jones, Per Chris brown on NFLN interview......... That's gonna hurt!

Maybe we bring up kamar Aiken then Re- sign Pual Hubbard? Let's keep it in house

Edited by Nishous

receivers just got a whole lot slower. fastest wr's all out now...parrish, easley, jones.

Can spiller be split out wide as a wr and offer consistant production? how about brad smith? he just seems to drop everything thrown to him. Obviously we keep handing the rock to freddie...but eventually, teams are going to stack the box and make us pass to win.

I don't think this will prove to be a HUGE issue.

Proven offensive weaponry thus far in 2011:

Fitz

Jackson

Johnson

Nelson

Chandler

Bubble Weapons:

Roosevelt

Smith

Spiller

...I see no reason to panic. I think Chan still has plenty to scheme with. Against the Eagles we faced a defensive backfield consisting of DRC, Amugualialia and Asante Samuel...hardly standard fare in the NFL.

sounds great but was your sprain a high ankle sprain? if not, we are talking about an entirely different animal with Jones' injury .....

No it was a lower sprain, but it would still work the same. The hydrotherapy acts as a type of pump to get blood flowing in and out to damaged area by alternating hot and cold water(hot brings blood in, cold sends it away) taking a lot of the damaged material with it. Its followed by massage with castor oil that penetrates deep into the muscle and ligaments and helps decrease the inflammation. Then exercises to strengthen and stabilize the tendons and ligaments. The reason sprains take so long to heal is that tendons and ligaments do not naturally get a lot if blood flow in or out. Without blood flow, healing takes a long time since the damaged material just sits there and is not removed...

Imho with this treatment he would easily be playing the week after the bye and likely practicing by early next week. That is how effective this is..a shame RICE is still what trainers and doctors recommend because he will still be on crutches with that method when he could be back playing with the HEM method...

jones has potential because he is just alright to begin with- lee was already great=little potential, jones knocked a ball down,nice- lee would have caught said ball easily, jones dropped passes, lee dropped maybe 5 in 5 years and made unbelievable deep catches that won many games. have you ever seen a bills game before last year?