Just Received my Jerseys

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that most of you are missing the point here.

While I understand justnzane's frustration with his current situation and since this thread looks like it is headed to the PPP board I will say this. The same government that doesn't provide enough for you also subsidzes the student loans, which allows the banks to flood the higher education system with cheap money, which in turn allows the colleges and universities to charge whatever the hell they want to because Joe Student has $100,000 of borrowed money to finance the education that has well outpaced the rate of inflation. Note that Joe student will have difficulty finding a job with an entry level salary high enough to pay said loan back.

In summary - when the government "helps you" by subsidizing student loans and driving up the cost of higher education, it forces you to borrow the $70,000 to pay for it, buts ends up hurting you because the same education was MUCH cheaper before the feds decided to goose up the student loan business.

To the rest of you, I don't give a damn where Reebok makes their jerseys or where the hell you buy them from. I was simply making a point and it seems like we have quite a few subcribers to "Robin Hood Economics" on this board. It is ok to steal from an organization if they have a lot of money.

Is it ok to steal a piece of pizza from Wegmans because they charge $3.00 for a slice that costs them 50 cents to make because I am hungry and Wegmans already has a lot of money? If you think so than have at it, I don't care.

Edited by ACor58

While I understand justnzane's frustration with his current situation and since this thread looks like it is headed to the PPP board I will say this. The same government that doesn't provide enough for you also subsidzes the student loans, which allows the banks to flood the higher education system with cheap money, which in turn allows the colleges and universities to charge whatever the hell they want to because Joe Student has $100,000 of borrowed money to finance the education that has well outpaced the rate of inflation. Note that Joe student will have difficulty finding a job with an entry level salary high enough to pay said loan back.

In summary - when the government "helps you" by subsidizing student loans and driving up the cost of higher education, it forces you to borrow the $70,000 to pay for it, buts ends up hurting you because the same education was MUCH cheaper before the feds decided to goose up the student loan business.

To the rest of you, I don't give a damn where Reebok makes their jerseys or where the hell you buy them from. I was simply making a point and it seems like we have quite a few subcribers to "Robin Hood Economics" on this board. It is ok to steal from an organization if they have a lot of money. Is it ok to steal a piece of pizza from Wegmans because they charge $3.00 for a slice that costs them 50 cents to make because I am hungry and Wegmans already has a lot of money? If you think so than have at it, I don't care.

You mean like the NFL owners steal money from taxpayers to fund thier palaces, to then turn around and charge up the ass for tickets? Stealing like that???

To the rest of you, I don't give a damn where Reebok makes their jerseys or where the hell you buy them from. I was simply making a point and it seems like we have quite a few subcribers to "Robin Hood Economics" on this board. It is ok to steal from an organization if they have a lot of money.

Is it ok to steal a piece of pizza from Wegmans because they charge $3.00 for a slice that costs them 50 cents to make because I am hungry and Wegmans already has a lot of money? If you think so than have at it, I don't care.

I think you're missing the point, with due respect. Nobody is stealing crap. We're paying for a product. Instead of paying $300, we're choosing something of inferior quality, and God Forbid, something that isn't really "authentic," in the name of saving money. This recession was no one on this board's fault. I'm assuming the money being spent has been earned by making an honest living (mine was). So, speaking only for myself, I will say this, "It's money that I've worked hard for and I'll be damned if I shell out $300 on a shirt of any kind. And since I earned it, I can spend it wherever the hell I want to. If it was illegal, DH Gate wouldn't be in business." That's my story and my $28 Dareus jersey, and my $32 Johnson jersey and I are sticking to it.

There is a huge difference between outsourcing manufacturing and buying an illegally produced, cheap knock-off.

So answer me this - if you needed a prescription drug to maintian your health or save your life, like a blood pressure drug, would you purchase the version that has been tested and approved by the FDA or the cheap knockoff from India or China because it is much cheaper. (it could contain rat poison or any other number of chemicals).

Granted, buying a jersey is not life or death but the concept is the same.

So let's say that you, and American, owned the factory in China that produced the jersey's for the NFL. You agree to a contract with Reebok, assure them that you provide a safe working environment, prevailing wages, and the products that you are selling meets all of Reeboks quality standards. There is significant cost to do this, and you are forced to charge a higher price.

The same guy next door is making jerseys that look similar but he uses tainted materials, not paying his workers or any royalties or taxes.

If YOU are the factory owner, how do you feel?

No but I would be the smart shopper and buy generics. The NFL is a completely different subject, they are a monopoly and there is no other competition for the fan to choose from, giving them the freedom to drive up prices without having to worry about the fans going elsewhere. I'll stick with the slightly defected counterfeits, i don't see the unfair patent of NFL jerseys ending anytime soon. Freedom to choose is what this country is all about. I choose to take my business else where when it comes to buying my jerseys and stick it to the greedy NFL.

The goverment helped me by allowing me to get an education at a cost much higher than any other place in the world charges for local students. Furthermore, the gov't allows the universities to charge an obscene amount for services that benefit no one, or money that gets stashed into funds for the future (I worked in the business end of a SUNY school during my college years)

The other point of robin hood mentality on the board is a correct analogy as the American people are hurting with exception to the top 5% of earners. Why should anyone spend at least one days pay on an article of clothing when the main beneficiaries are stock holders, prima donna football players, and billionaires that got their operations subsidized by the taxpayers? That is like buying the most expensive GE products when you are on a tight budget, despite them being subsidized heavily. Fact is that we need factories here to produce cheap crap while raising tariffs in other countries to jack up the cost of the cheap crap from them. Until then on an individual consumer basis, it makes most sense to buy the knock off for the vast majority of people.

I think you're missing the point, with due respect. Nobody is stealing crap. We're paying for a product. Instead of paying $300, we're choosing something of inferior quality, and God Forbid, something that isn't really "authentic," in the name of saving money. This recession was no one on this board's fault. I'm assuming the money being spent has been earned by making an honest living (mine was). So, speaking only for myself, I will say this, "It's money that I've worked hard for and I'll be damned if I shell out $300 on a shirt of any kind. And since I earned it, I can spend it wherever the hell I want to. If it was illegal, DH Gate wouldn't be in business." That's my story and my $28 Dareus jersey, and my $32 Johnson jersey and I are sticking to it.

You're really burying your head in the sand. Of course it's illegal - it's a violation of trademark. DH Gate is still in business because it's in China, where international trademarks are not respected.

Of course you can do it if you want - just own the fact that you're doing something unethical - don't try to justify it with sob stories. That might work for necessities, but not for Bills jerseys.

You're really burying your head in the sand. Of course it's illegal - it's a violation of trademark. DH Gate is still in business because it's in China, where international trademarks are not respected.

Of course you can do it if you want - just own the fact that you're doing something unethical - don't try to justify it with sob stories. That might work for necessities, but not for Bills jerseys.

Do you ever go over the speed limit? Taste a grape from the produce section? Check out a young lady who might be too young to be checked out? Are you one of the ones who look for an "illegal" feed for the Bills game when it is blacked out locally? You ever littered? Did you ever drink alcohol before you were of legal age? I could go on and on, and I bet you have done at least a couple of these things unless you are the world's first "perfect" person. These are all illegal, unethical and in no way necessities.

I get all my jerseys from dhgate. With players changing teams, or changing numbers so frequently I refuse to pay $100+ for something I can get for $20 delivered to my house. I got my kid a first season Spiller. If I had paid $100 or more for that I would be !@#$ing PISSED when he changed numbers. Now I just order a new one for $20, no problem.

Illegal, certainly. Unethical, absolutely. Taking money out of the poor NFL owners mouths, no because if I couldn't get them from dhgate I wouldn't get them at all (but I wish I was taking money out of their mouths).

No sob story here, my friend. I do quite well and I work hard for the money I make. Therefore, I will choose to not spend $300 on an article of clothing that I'll wear 8 times/year; and I will choose to spend 15% of that on a great likeness of that article of clothing. You want to talk ethics ... talk to the people (in our great country) marking those jerseys up the way they do. I support my local economy, donate time and money to not-for-profit organizations and my son doesn't go without anything. So the fact that some American company isn't getting $300 bucks from me for a jersey made in China doesn't make me miss one wink of sleep.

The goverment helped me by allowing me to get an education at a cost much higher than any other place in the world charges for local students. Furthermore, the gov't allows the universities to charge an obscene amount for services that benefit no one, or money that gets stashed into funds for the future (I worked in the business end of a SUNY school during my college years)

The other point of robin hood mentality on the board is a correct analogy as the American people are hurting with exception to the top 5% of earners. Why should anyone spend at least one days pay on an article of clothing when the main beneficiaries are stock holders, prima donna football players, and billionaires that got their operations subsidized by the taxpayers? That is like buying the most expensive GE products when you are on a tight budget, despite them being subsidized heavily. Fact is that we need factories here to produce cheap crap while raising tariffs in other countries to jack up the cost of the cheap crap from them. Until then on an individual consumer basis, it makes most sense to buy the knock off for the vast majority of people.

I think that we can agree on how corrupt the "not for profit" higher education system is - it is impossible to argue against it. There are certianly plenty of merits to both sides of the argument regarding corporate subsidies, tariffs, etc.

No one is forcing you to spend a whole days pay on a football jersey. A football jersey is a luxury item, not a necessity, but the lines get very blurred here in America between what an individual wants and needs.

You can complain about the price all that you want to but it doesn't change the fact that a bunch of Chinese crooks are making knock offs and profiting from illegal activity and those that buy them are helping.

I think that we can agree on how corrupt the "not for profit" higher education system is - it is impossible to argue against it. There are certianly plenty of merits to both sides of the argument regarding corporate subsidies, tariffs, etc.

No one is forcing you to spend a whole days pay on a football jersey. A football jersey is a luxury item, not a necessity, but the lines get very blurred here in America between what an individual wants and needs.

You can complain about the price all that you want to but it doesn't change the fact that a bunch of Chinese crooks are making knock offs and profiting from illegal activity and those that buy them are helping.

That is just it, why is a football jersey a luxury item? Considering that it represents a publicly subsidized organization, there should be some law in place to prevent any subsidized company from raping the consumer blind. While I have bought a jersey in a couple years, I can't fathom myself paying ~$75 for a screen printed replica which is easily double the cost of a cheaper non-label jersey for a varsity team (a team I coach got jerseys for under $30).

The fact that Chinese "crooks" are making these jerseys is doing a service to the fans while funneling money away from Goodell, Jones, Snyder, and the crybaby players that "only" average $2million/year, with a median around $1million. Compare that to the median of American people which is around $50k/year with 15.1% of people below poverty level. The NFL used to be full of players that were working class warriors, instead they and the owners alike make so much that the have exploited the fans who in general are making less $ with respect to inflation than 30 years ago. I can only give credit to these Chinese commies for using capitalism to screw our corporate masters.

I could care less if it is licensed or not. If it looks nice, is durable, and costs 10% of the licensed price, why not? For all we know, these could be being produced at he same factories as the licensed one and be the same exact shirts. Who exactly are were hurting by buying a DH shirt? I don't give a damn if the NFL is losing out

So the fact that some American company isn't getting $300 bucks from me for a jersey made in China doesn't make me miss one wink of sleep.

exactly

It is like Stockholm Syndrome. These are the same bastards that charge $10 for a beer, $5 coke, $20 parking, $300 for a jersey....and bombard you with commercials diluting the quality of their product. They want to get every last nickel they can from you. So they lose out on screwing Joe Fan out of $300. boo!@#$inghoo

Instead of paying $300, we're choosing something of inferior quality, and God Forbid, something that isn't really "authentic," in the name of saving money.

My only issue with all these threads about the cheap jerseys are the ones that post "it's just like the authentics". But every once in a while, someone will post this....

I have a bunch of friends who have gone to Dhgate and I've noticed one glaring difference between every one of the jerseys. Between 5 jerseys, the "BILLS" above the numbers on the front are ALL DIFFERENT. One is small, one is large, on is sewn directly on the jersey, one is sewn a different way.

For me, I don't buy jerseys, because the player will be gone within two years. It's happened with each jersey I have been given as gifts/awards. But if I were to buy one, it would be through the Bills or NFL Shops. That's just my choice to make.

Just ordered a #70 Wood from saradh or dhsara $30 glad I did it now need it for the cowgirl game. My Tasker jersey was a little worn out and has shrunk over the years.

DAY AFTER ORDER:

Nope didn't lose any sleep over NOT putting mony in the pockets of owners or players.

Authentic, just what dose that mean?

I can spend my money any way I want!

You're welcome for that government subsides education (you didn't thank me), you got it off my back.

Keep feeding the beast...

GO BILLS

Earlier I ordered 5 Sabres jerseys from a different seller (Xiezhijia didn't have kids sizes). So we'll see how it goes.

Please let me know how the Sabres jerseys are. They look so nice, but looks like it's hard to copy. Thanks.