If you thought WE looked like crap today...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing that can take a bit of the sting out of today's loss for me would be jets getting man handled 2nd week in a row in a loss to ravens. This happened so far thru end of 1st quarter.

I focused more on this than pats because I figured bellichek would totally outclass raiders coaching staff and he did.

This would be 2 jets losses in a row and then on the road at NE next week. They could very well have dug themselves a hole they can't get out of a week from now.

Beyond just losing 2 straight tonight it will be the way they lost it. Getting manhandled both times, that will cause a major stir in the NY media calling for ryan's head for not delivering on the jets ground and pound offense/ smothering defense philosophy.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Just gotta bounce back... 3-1 isn't so bad IF it ends there. This team is going to have a gut check next week for sure. We need to prove that we can get back on the right track. Even great teams lose games, but they rarely if ever lose 2 in a row.

Agreed. Today's loss sucks because it's a team we should be able to beat... and we were up 17-3 on at the half. But, now it's all about how they respond next week.

They're still leading the division after the first month of football. The Dolphins look hopeless. The Jets are in the process of imploding. So it's us and the Pats*... we just have to refocus and come out playing solid next week. Of the next 2 games, Philli looks to be the much easier one. So let's get the win and go into the buy no worse than 4-2.

Lol at Ryan calling TO on ravens extra point to complain more to refs.

Ngata is an absolute beast. And has heart too ... Does the rare thing for a lineman and actually elevates his play after landing the big contract.

Hes one of the very best NTs I've ever seen.

Pisses me off to no end we passed on him for Whitner. Curse of jauron still looms large over this team.

If you said after 4 weeks we'd be tied with the Pats with the head to head win and a game ahead of the Jets, we'd take it. Ironically, this game was probably the one we all saw as the most winnable.

I'm wth you Cotton. If it comes down to bills @ pats in week 17 for the division and loser goes home I'll take it. That's a lot farther than we thought we'd be going into the season.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

If you said after 4 weeks we'd be tied with the Pats with the head to head win and a game ahead of the Jets, we'd take it. Ironically, this game was probably the one we all saw as the most winnable.

Go figure right, good points.

Ngata is a beast. But on his forced fumble he clearly led with his helmet, drilling sanchez directly in the back. No flag.

Maybe i'm a bit sore still after the Johnson call and the "tuck rule" occurance earlier today, but the NFL has to some serious housecleaning with its officiating.

Either overhaul the rule book and simplify things for the refs, or train your officials to be more friggin consistent.

Replace the crew with a random other set of refs, and Ngata may have drew a flag for that hit, and no fumble, no TD for the Ravens.

The hilarious fact is Ngata will probably be fined for that "illegal" hit that drew no flag and resulted in 7 for his team. Embarassing.

Ngata is a beast. But on his forced fumble he clearly led with his helmet, drilling sanchez directly in the back. No flag.

Maybe i'm a bit sore still after the Johnson call and the "tuck rule" occurance earlier today, but the NFL has to some serious housecleaning with its officiating.

Either overhaul the rule book and simplify things for the refs, or train your officials to be more friggin consistent.

Replace the crew with a random other set of refs, and Ngata may have drew a flag for that hit, and no fumble, no TD for the Ravens.

The hilarious fact is Ngata will probably be fined for that "illegal" hit that drew no flag and resulted in 7 for his team. Embarassing.

Sanchez wasn't a "defenseless receiver" and Ngata didn't hit the QB in the head.

There is no grounds for either a penalty or a fine.

Maybe if he had really dropped his head and stuck him in the kidneys.

Wouldn't have surprised me one bit to see a flag, and it still wouldn't surprise me to see a fine - which goes to Zulu's point about inconsistency in officiating.